Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up! JFC that beggy SMEG tweet. The nerve...

Oh and also to the kind person that asked if she gets more money if the book is bought directly from her. “Yes but it’s also SO MUCH HARD WORK” 🎻
2BE0F5AE-7F27-4E6A-BA8C-A32604970A00.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
The cynical wench in me says JM runs this, not any admin assistant (don't sue me)
The writing style is very similar. I think someone on the thread has 'seen' internet proof that Caroline exists via photo evidence however I wouldn't put catfishing beyond JM's many skills.

Reactions: 10
Mmm - that Quesadilla recipe looks gorgeous. In December we went to stay with my sil in Berlin. We got there late afternoon determined not to eat as we were going to a Christmas market later. She was making Quesadillas for her daughter - she fried cumin seeds, boiled up a sweet potato, added a tin of black beans, mashed the lot, put it in tortillas with grated cheese and fried them. So simple and she just kept making them so we kept eating them 😳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Just catching up! JFC that beggy SMEG tweet. The nerve...

Also, that post about defrosting sausages (?!) on Insta. Was that from today? If so, looks like she’s taken it down??

Oh and also to the kind person that asked if she gets more money if the book is bought directly from her. “Yes but it’s also SO MUCH HARD WORK” 🎻
View attachment 133167
Why is she moaning about doing her job? It’s income for her that she is supposedly desperate for.
Also, why is she ordering books from her website? Why isn’t the publisher giving her books to sell? Dolly Alderton said she has a box of her books in her flat. They were given to her by the publisher. Everything is such an effort for her? I’m surprised she can take a tit without haemorrhaging every time.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Ok so I’m still watching Daily Kitchen. Husband walked in while Jack was making her Chinese chicken curry and said “that looks delicious”. Is it worth trying (substituting something veggie for the chicken) or shall I just divorce him?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Ok so I’m still watching Daily Kitchen. Husband walked in while Jack was making her Chinese chicken curry and said “that looks delicious”. Is it worth trying (substituting something veggie for the chicken) or shall I just divorce him?
Just buy yourself some mayflour powdered stuff and call in your lawyer.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes, absolutely. (har har!)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do it! The block version is brilliant too. Also for other veegs/plant curious people the Violife feta is delicious. Not sharp and crumbly like sheep feta but rich and creamy like a gooey goat’s cheese. I really feel that JM has missed out on the delight in finding alternatives and being creative that being vegan gives you. Oh, and CoYo! That stuff makes me 🤤.
I usually buy 4 packs of the spreadable in tubs and one block! Can't risk running out and having to make do with some awful olive oil *spread* :ROFLMAO:
I recommend the Violife cream cheese, haven't tried their feta because I never liked sheep feta but will give it a try on your recommendation.
And Alpro vanilla soya yoghurt, delicious with fruit.
Off to check if Ocado have started to stock Naturli, shall hoot if they have taken a leaf out of Waitrose's book!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
The writing style is very similar. I think someone on the thread has 'seen' internet proof that Caroline exists via photo evidence however I wouldn't put catfishing beyond JM's many skills.
Ha ha! This is the first time I've focused on this but yes, Caroline *has* to be Jack. Her old PA, Vix, is definitely real but Caroline was gently hatched from a phoenix egg during the Kickstarter duck-up to take the heat off Jack.

Exhibit A: No-one tweets about their boss on New Year's Day unless they're Andrea Sachs. Jack, you wand!

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 20.38.13.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I usually buy 4 packs of the spreadable in tubs and one block! Can't risk running out and having to make do with some awful olive oil *spread* :ROFLMAO:
I recommend the Violife cream cheese, haven't tried their feta because I never liked sheep feta but will give it a try on your recommendation.
And Alpro vanilla soya yoghurt, delicious with fruit.
Off to check if Ocado have started to stock Naturli, shall hoot if they have taken a leaf out of Waitrose's book!
On a similar note, the Alpro soya custard is delicious! I could happily drink it straight from the tub.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Ha ha! This is the first time I've focused on this but yes, Caroline *has* to be Jack. Her old PA, Vix, is definitely real but Caroline was gently hatched from a phoenix egg during the Kickstarter duck-up to take the heat off Jack.
I’ve no shame in saying I’ve nowt better to do with my evening, so I’ve just trawled back through Caroline’s twitter account and have found her full name and a photo of her with her partner, plus names of her kids. Feel like a right creep, but then she has put it on her public profile (her work one at that!). Obviously not going to share any deets on here but I think she does def exist! She must have the patience of a saint...

• Wow
Reactions: 16

Exhibit A: No-one tweets about their boss on New Year's Day unless they're Andrea Sachs. Jack, you wand!

View attachment 133192
I thought this too maybe last thread I had a late night ‘there is no assistant!’ shout. But I was convinced otherwise cos apparently the assistant tweeted the fiancé and the fiancé tweeted back. But, you know.

Reactions: 5
I’ve no shame in saying I’ve nowt better to do with my evening, so I’ve just trawled back through Caroline’s twitter account and have found her full name and a photo of her with her partner, plus names of her kids. Feel like a right creep, but then she has put it on her public profile (her work one at that!). Obviously not going to share any deets on here but I think she does def exist! She must have the patience of a saint...
I knew someone had done the research. Tattle's detective agency leaves no stone unturned.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Ok, I take back my reckless statement. But I'm not deleting it as it was a firmly held belief at the time - unless you think it might get me into deeper hot water in court?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Pretty hard reading that twitter account as most of her tweets are just her retweeting Jack's.... Which have all been deleted 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ok, I take back my reckless statement. But I'm not deleting it as it was a firmly held belief at the time - unless you think it might get me into deeper hot water in court?
You stand by your beliefs, Penns! I held the same ones til I conducted some thorough research.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Bloody beg-a-SMEG, she’s a right one. I saved for nearly 2 years for my SMEG as we moved, and our house is open plan so I wanted the mint green. You get a 2 year warranty and I’m sure I’ve heard their customer service is fab, so phone them?!

I love Grayson Perry and disappointed to see his wife commented on a JM post 😢

• Haha
  • Wow
I knew someone had done the research. Tattle's detective agency leaves no stone unturned.
We must always be court-ready, at any moment in time! Deep research at all times, outfits ready to go, posters full of legal advice and @LennyBriscoe tirelessly pounding the streets looking for perps (sorry Lenny, always dragging you in but I lurrve the Dick Wolf universe... — every time I see you post I hear the little double note scene change music...)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.