Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was triaged away from a GP / medical services, it’s ridiculous she rang 111. I rang last week (I knew I had shingles and the NHS site tells you to call if that’s the case) and even though I had 3 positive questions felt ridiculous as they’re clearly for actual emergencies - eg have you been bleeding for more than 2 hours, difficulty breathing, impaired vision. To ring 111 for just a skin ailment is wild.

Naturally the pharmacy will tell her to go to A&E with it.
Only rang because the online version said go to the Pharmacist, I reckon.

I had to contact the GP because my Psoriasis has gone crazy and all the OTC in the world couldn't fix it (plus the existing prescription stuff couldn't, either). I'd already gone through an OTC thing of making sure it wasn't infected/fungal, as there's no point taking up time when that'll be the first thing considered.

I used their app to (it was pretty tit, but I managed to find the right boxes to tick for Psoriasis) was triaged for a callback within a week, got phoned by the doctor later in the day, the prescriptions were sent to the pharmacy round the corner, I bought a prepayment certificate online, Mr D went and collected them. Sorted. When I had been in contact with somebody with what looked like Shingles at work, I called the GP about twenty minutes later (because of my steroids and Biologics), described the kid's rash to the GP when called back ten minutes later, they said it did sound like Shingles so I needed antivirals just in case, sent the prescription to the nominated pharmacy, I collected it on the way home from work. It works incredibly well - as long as you consider what is obviously GP and what is probably Pharmacist first.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I mean, I've had rashes over the years and I just think about what I ate or new skincare product I've used and eliminate it. That's it. Completed it, mate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
My poor old dad had a fall at the weekend and my mum didn’t want to bother anyone when she couldn’t get him up so she called 111. They found out he’d had a stroke because he’s lost feeling in one leg. He’s in hospital now, and will soon (a week we hope) be on the same rehab ward as my father in law, who just lost his leg to Clovid complications. The NHS is so stretched. Don’t use it for a face rash you prune. I also feel like a lot of stuff is happening at the moment.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103
I mean, I've had rashes over the years and I just think about what I ate or new skincare product I've used and eliminate it. That's it. Completed it, mate.
Yeah or at least try some epaderm / Aveeno before you start crying about being in vicious agony on twitter? She is such a baby!

to me it just looks like she's scratched her face. I could probably make mine look the same if I had a deadline I wanted to get out of

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Anyone else got any tips for getting over the guilts when you've no reason to feel guilty at all? 😂
Yes!!! Why don’t you just start a Patreon where you have absolutely no intention of supplying goods for donations right from the get-go — that’ll sort the non-guilt guilts right out...

.... or spend 2 days on the AliExpress website sourcing planet destroying tit to flog to the vulnerable?

hope this helps (whilst remaining keen to charge a #bossbitch manifesting consultancy fee if that’s ok, babes?)

#rakersimmoraljackhacks

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Sorry to hear about your dad and father in law @waffle maker It must make the grift and the bullshit from Jack much harder to bear. Sending you all strength 🧇

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Sorry to hear about your dad and father in law @waffle maker It must make the grift and the bullshit from Jack much harder to bear. Sending you all strength 🧇
Thank you. I am keeping BUSY with school as we are still open here in the sand pit. I am very pleased that so much happens on Tattle to keep my mind off the craziness, and for all the tattlers that make me feel like I’m not the only one that spots the glaring lies! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Bet it’s to do with the lyrics of “Run for your life”.
Blimey, I’d never listened that closely. Maybe I will put something on Linda McCartneys social media to ask them about it, keep them on their toes now the vegans have moved on.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Blimey, I’d never listened that closely. Maybe I will put something on Linda McCartneys social media to ask them about it, keep them on their toes now the vegans have moved on.

There are lots of songs that are awful when you actually pay attention to what they're singing. The Beatles have plenty that are in the same vein.

Mr D used to stick a cover of the Stones' Under My Thumb in his acoustic sets. I didn't veto it (obviously, he's a grown up), but I did ask if he'd ever thought about the lyrics. It hasn't appeared in any gigs since.

Reactions: 27
News just in: Woman with skin rash fails to meet deadline.

The GP is probably only doing phone triage as a first step at the moment (or at least they are here) and she’s so terrified of the phone calls she wouldn’t be able to answer. I imagine the GP has also already seen through her and a phone consult won’t give Jack the option to fully use her body of smol pathetic sadfacing so she wants face to face - pharmacist and A+E.
Sorry if this has been said already but I wonder why she was phoning 111 at 1023 if she has a GP? She must know where her nearest chemist is and if not she could google it ehm I mean ask Twitter for sympathy and likes

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
What's happening with the rash?
Is today's job in London still on?
Is the book deadline still 1st Feb?
What's up with the kitchen floor?
Is Louisa Compton still behind the door?

So many questions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

So many questions.
You have missed the most important question of them all.

Where is the cinnamon granola recipe?

Apologies for getting ~slightly~ unhinged here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

So many questions.
Did Rufus Hound ever get his book?
Did Nigella's garden get drawn?
Did local tech person help young Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 49

So many questions.
Thought you were branching out into poetry there Marmalade 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.