Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And has she posted off the sub standard tin painting chalks yet?
Poor Squiggle. Waiting patiently with their scrubbed tin cans - small children tugging pitifully at their hem - 'mama, when can we throw balls at the cans?' 'Not yet, little ones, not yet' whilst waiting hopefully for the tread of the postie.
Come on Jack. Do the right thing. Your nation needs you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Surely the vegan crackling will involve her food waste bin, aka onion and garlic skins... deep fried onion peel maybe? Imagine a world where you freeze outer layers of garlic. Or one where you see this ‘recipe’ and try it?!? Terrible.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I have the recipe!

Oats
Maple syrup (or golden/treacle/agave/glucose syrup as all syrups are the same).
Oil (sunflower/olive/extra virgin/coconut/melted lard/leftover fat from sausages because all fat is the same).
Cinnamon (or any other spice because all spices are the same).

Put a tablespoon of each into a blender and whizz it up. Cook for 5 hours. Serves 6 people.

Feel free to forward onto Prince Philip
What a star! Can I give it to Wills? He seems to be in contact with the old man.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Surely the vegan crackling will involve her food waste bin, aka onion and garlic skins... deep fried onion peel maybe? Imagine a world where you freeze outer layers of garlic. Or one where you see this ‘recipe’ and try it?!? Terrible.
I hate to destroy anyone's faith in humanity, but when Jack posted her pot of peelings on Facebook, some squiggles asked her for a full recipe. 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I hate the term 'ally' too. Makes me thing of all the Nice Guys™️ like the smolrobot man.
God, yeah - I couldn't give a frenchman's duck about anyone's woke bona fides.

It's quite simple: just don't be a twit.

Reactions: 37
From a Facebook group I’m in about feeding yourself on a budget. Truth be told I joined the group in all seriousness to look for tips but there’s a lot of bollock sausages and stuff like this ... people fawning over Peach and chickpea slurry.

I like how “quite a celebrity” sounds like an insult. Said with a little straightening of a blouse and that tiny cough middle class middle aged women do when they decide something is out of their comfort zone.
I'm a member of that group and loads of squiggles there recommend the chickpea and peach slurry.

I do wonder how much fuel it costs to make that.

I have one friend who makes all her own stock powder and spices from fresh using a dehydrator but she genuinely has severe allergies so can't have any preservatives at all.

Reactions: 22
So happy that travel restrictions will be lifted in four weeks and I can finally be reunited with my fella 😭 I wish it was sooner but knowing it's only four weeks has just taken such a weight off 😁 I do feel cheered by these announcements. I know we aren't out of the woods yet but it's nice to actually look to the future isn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 69
So happy that travel restrictions will be lifted in four weeks and I can finally be reunited with my fella 😭 I wish it was sooner but knowing it's only four weeks has just taken such a weight off 😁 I do feel cheered by these announcements. I know we aren't out of the woods yet but it's nice to actually look to the future isn't it?
I'm hoping we can travel abroad at some point in the 2nd half of the year 💜,me and Mr Spam are supposed to be on Canada now but C*vid put paid to that ,there's an apartment in Toronto gathering dust and jobs I hope will still be there ....please please 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞....sorry OT ....anyone seen Dame Slop at Saaafffend Victoria today ..

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.