Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forced myself. That video. Wow.

I put more effort into FaceTiming my mates, while I’m doing something jazzy like folding washing in my pyjamas.

So she got paid to show us that she can’t stop flapping her hands about? I zipped through, but still didn’t ever know what she actually cooked? Couldn’t see her face or the food. Erm. That was unbelievably tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
You are not serious? Who would employ her? As what? Who would work with her?

She’s a total nightmare, she’s rude, unprofessional, she’s soo entitled, a total know it all, she wouldn’t take direction, and she’s bone idle. her time keeping would be abismal, and she’d be napping at her desk or dicking about on twitter all day.

you were joking, right?

Yes. She must know that she isn’t good at this. It’s hard for anyone to realise that something we wanted doesn’t actually suit us. But...you know, grow up?

I genuinely think that an office based job would be much better for her, as it seems clear that the lonesome nature of being self employed does her absolutely no good at all, and just allows her to disappear ever further up her own fundament.

She needs more human contact, I think. People to take the piss out of her when she’s being a knob, people to support her, people to talk to and with. Maybe with one of the charities she supports (though I appreciate that would not allow her to rake in the cash as she does now)?

And doing something productive that doesn’t expose her lack of warmth/humour/relatability - which I think are requirements in her current line of work - quite so harshly.

I think she’d blossom.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
She would be awful at any front facing or customer service job. She'd be a snappy rude cow or her social awkwardness would freak people out.

Reactions: 43
I've just been looking at Ruby Tandoh's twitter feed and it's amazing to note the difference between her and Jack. She shares articles, congratulates other people, suggests charities to donate to, and she did a poll about what people want to see in a cookbook. She signed off that poll saying she was recipe testing, so I assume she's got something out in the near-ish future. But the contrast couldn't be more glaring.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
You are not serious? Who would employ her? As what? Who would work with her?

She’s a total nightmare, she’s rude, unprofessional, she’s soo entitled, a total know it all, she wouldn’t take direction, and she’s bone idle. her time keeping would be abismal, and she’d be napping at her desk or dicking about on twitter all day.

you were joking, right?
Really wasn’t joking! But clearly not thinking too hard about people who might have to interact with her.

I just wonder if her current life brings out all the worst points in her (the need for attention, because she’s having no real human interaction etc), and whether actually having to live in the real world would calm her the duck down.

She would be awful at any front facing or customer service job. She'd be a snappy rude cow or her social awkwardness would freak people out.
But a murder board research job, or something? A little desk in the corner?

Clearly, I’m in an army of one here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45
For sure a certain amount of house training would be required!

I mean, you’re obviously right. I just think that MAYBE being held accountable on a daily basis would make her calm the duck down.

But she’s probably far too gone.
Could you imagine being her line manager? She is such a know it all, been there, done that, can't tell me anything. I wouldn't wish her on anybody.

That's before you start on the ailments, accidents, bolshy attitudes, stroppy nature, taking offence, failing to meet deadlines, excuses, needing daytime dino naps, having to praise her for everything, etc etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
One look at her tweets would put employers off. If she's willing to be an hole representing her own brand and image she most likely would care even less about someone else's.

Reactions: 40
One look at her tweets would put employers off. If she's willing to be an hole representing her own brand and image she most likely would care even less about someone else's.
HAAAA! Okay, to all the Frauen und Herren. Shall we just file that in I'MBUSY's Book of Bad Ideas?

Precious watching me dig my own grave:

1614079455579.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I tried with that Guardian video and only managed about three minutes. I scrolled forwards and it was still shockingly awful. Like others have said, her hapless, awkward, I’m so bad at this schtick is extremely annoying and not at all as endearing as she thinks it is. If she was that serious about her craft, surely she would have got her tit together by now and have been deemed good enough to have a tv show commissioned.

But alas she is not and yet people still continue to fall for her lies. I mean, the rash thing yesterday and the being locked out of her computer the other day, just before her important book deadline demonstrates her sheer incompetence. I genuinely think she should find something else to make a career of, as she sure as hell is bad at this one. Why can everyone else not see what we do? It’s maddening!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
SO CRINGE! Why would you not preset your camera to a suitable position? Did she do a practise run? Christ on a bike.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
SO CRINGE! Why would you not preset your camera to a suitable position? Did she do a practise run? Christ on a bike.
I seem to recall she made a big deal about it on twitter, in the lead-up to filming it. Then it was never mentioned again. Unsurprisingly.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Perhaps it was easier to get away with when her recipes were mostly in print and if she was on television it was talking about her experiences with poverty. TV presenting is not going to happen, as she must realise eventually. Odd though that she came over better in Sainsburys videos from years ago. Was she sticking to a script more? I looked briefly at Jamie Olivers show last night and its immediately obvious that the show is mainly about the food and not him.

Reactions: 38
Could you imagine being her line manager? She is such a know it all, been there, done that, can't tell me anything.

That's before you start on the ailments, accidents, bolshy attitudes, stroppy nature, taking offence, failing to meet deadlines, excuses, needing daytime dino naps, having to praise her for everything, etc etc.

There would be so many complaints about the mean old woman on the next desk (if it were anywhere near me);

'She told me I should stop eating things that make my lips swell up!'

'She told me that I shouldn't put topical medications that cause skin irritation on irritated skin!'

'She told me that it's not safe to take multiple versions of medications in the same group at once!'

'She said she couldn't see any bald spots and my hair looked lovely and healthy when I told her my hair was falling out!'

'She suggested I wrote a draft and proofread it before sending it out, when everybody knows I'm the One And Done person!'

'She said my house was lovely when I RENT IT!'

'She asked me how my holiday was when I NEVER GO ON HOLIDAY!'

'She told me not to ask her to lend me any money when I'M STARVING and pointed out that my bag of makeup from Boots that I brought back from lunch yesterday would have covered what I was asking her to lend me'

'She said that rearranging my desk and pens and post it notes was great, but the report was due in this afternoon, so it might be a plan to get that out of the way first!'

'She said 'That was my allergen free meal' when the meeting buffet only had meat, fish, dairy, vegan and her allergy friendly serving was in the fridge. How can she target me like that for taking the only thing she could eat when I'm the only one with dietary considerations?'

'SHE SUGGESTED I SOFTENED ONIONS BEFORE ADDING OTHER INGREDIENTS!'

'She's obviously picking on me because of my tattoos/gayness/queerness/I'm poor/I went to grammar school/feminine aesthetic/masculine aesthetic'

'SHE LOOKED AT ME OVER THE TOP OF HER GLASSES AND SIGHED!!!!!!! I'M BEING TARGETED!'

• Haha
Reactions: 81
I seem to recall she made a big deal about it on twitter, in the lead-up to filming it. Then it was never mentioned again. Unsurprisingly.
She also had a chaos the day before with the splinter (later became a thorn) which resulted in the partial loss of use of her right hand, and then she injured her foot on broken glass (again).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Perhaps it was easier to get away with when her recipes were mostly in print and if she was on television it was talking about her experiences with poverty. TV presenting is not going to happen, as she must realise eventually. Odd though that she came over better in Sainsburys videos from years ago. Was she sticking to a script more? I looked briefly at Jamie Olivers show last night and its immediately obvious that the show is mainly about the food and not him.
I don’t think she even enjoys the TV appearances, so I don’t get why she keeps doing them. She could have a perfectly nice living from her books really, we know they’re tit but a lot of books are tit and sell well if they’ve got a “name” behind them, and she’s obviously got a fairly devoted squiggle fan base.

She could take so much pressure off herself if only she accepted she can’t be, and more importantly doesn’t need to be the best at everything. But she’s such a narc she’s incapable of doing that. She brings all her chaoses, stresses and deadline day panics on herself.

Reactions: 35
She has retweeted this blog who is ‘inspired’ by her
Removed by request
which then has the lines “And I’m shite at maths so I’ll give you the real price of buying it, not the breakdown of each portion to make it seem cheaper (looking at you, Tory twitter).”

Not going to do the exact thing Jack does which is break it down by the penny but is inspired by her and blaming Tory Twitter all in one go. No sense!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Really wasn’t joking! But clearly not thinking too hard about people who might have to interact with her.

I just wonder if her current life brings out all the worst points in her (the need for attention, because she’s having no real human interaction etc), and whether actually having to live in the real world would calm her the duck down.

But a murder board research job, or something? A little desk in the corner?

Clearly, I’m in an army of one here 😂
Sorry I wasn’t having a go, you were obviously coming from a good place, worrying about her well being. But never having heard of her till I found tattle I can honestly say even now I find it hard to believe she is a real person. I am unable to find one single redeeming feature In her. All her traits are negative, I am not prone to violence, I don’t even swear, but I would seriously be tempted to slap her, she is a fraud, a liar, a cheat, she is cruel, unkind and extremely selfish. I cannot believe she gets any work at all, none of it is earned or deserved and she is depriving other more worthy candidates.
(climbs down off soapbox)

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.