Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You are so freaking clever, I’m in absolute awe!!

Reactions: 29
100%. She was definitely hoping that someone listened to them and gave her a record deal immediately!

Reactions: 35
My FiL used to do this apparently. He was a bit of a wheeler dealer type, new business every few years, double bankrupt in the end, and would have the big gold sovereigns and bracelets. Then when things got dicey, he'd sell them off. He took care of his things though, my husband had a pair of his handmade shoes that must've been well over 30yrs old, which looked as good as new.

Reactions: 27
I love the thought of someone stumbling across this on YouTube. Long live Slopbot.

Reactions: 38

I've just sent this to my other half, then had to briefly explain slopbot to him.... this is the reply.

Attachments

Reactions: 63

Going to have to edit my list. The foot/broken glass incident wasn't before Hellmann's! It was before a Facebook Live to promote Good Food for Bad Days!

Soz, Jack xoxo
Think there's been 2 cut foot incidents?

Reactions: 34
Totally wondering if you taught at my old school...

Reactions: 22
@Flash123 I could but haven't we suffered enough? And by 'we' I mostly mean 'I'.

I must admit I couldn't bring myself to watch the video, I just used the audio. A fun fact: she spends the first 3 mins 47 seconds waffling, some of that is just standing in silence (or making a croaking noise like the girl from The Grudge that I was sadly unable to use anywhere). She then spends 2 mins singing and, once she's done, tacks on another 35 seconds of waffle including a disclaimer that she knows she fucked up in places to avert criticism. Yeah, no kidding - I could send you a very long list of precisely where, dear heart.

@FeelingPrawny oh dear, this is the medicated version I hope I don't have to explain any of this to my nice lady doctor.

Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.