Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh oh, someone has tagged Jack in the #muddypuddlechallenge - given the muddy puddles Jack comes across I cannot wait to see what sort of treasures will be revealed when she posts hers.
View attachment 450793
Do you think that’s where hurty face came from? She jumped in and got knocked unconscious by the faberge egg which came hurtling out?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
So happy that travel restrictions will be lifted in four weeks and I can finally be reunited with my fella 😭 I wish it was sooner but knowing it's only four weeks has just taken such a weight off 😁 I do feel cheered by these announcements. I know we aren't out of the woods yet but it's nice to actually look to the future isn't it?
Ah that's lovely, I know it's been a long long slog and it's so great to have reunion in sight ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Jamie Oliver’s on the telly right now, with ‘new ways to use everyday ingredients’. So far no ‘bung it in a curry’

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Ok, so I (stupidly?) reread that. This struck me as not really sitting well together....
View attachment 450786
So you buy expensive stuff, in case you have to sell for quick bucks, and then you ruin it so it’s practically worthless? Oh........kay.

And I couldn’t help but correct this...
View attachment 450788
Great plan! Buy a Burberry mac for £1,500 or so. When times are tough, sell it on eBay. Looks like they go for around £300, £400 at most. Of course, she treats her stuff like crap, so it'll be worth much less once covered in cat hair and slop stains.

You know what else is a good investment? Stick it in the bank! I know it's not exciting and maverick and all, but gasp, the number may even go up instead of down. I wonder if we added up all the ridic luxury purchases, we could get up to the amount required for a house deposit? That's aside from the KH money.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Jamie Oliver’s on the telly right now, with ‘new ways to use everyday ingredients’. So far no ‘bung it in a curry’
I wonder if it was him she was talking about in the tweet (sorry don’t know how to post them on here) where she says she’s used to not being credited?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Also love how in that article she tells us she's just been told what a great writer she is, then immediately follows with

1614027220671.png

An emoji in a serious text, a lower case "I" in "i'd" that should be "I'd", and a missing comma after "Anyway". Great writer indeed.

And also she's so very poor but has a £1,200 jacket with the label hung in her wardrobe? That's worth twice what I paid for my car. Think how many £10 a week shops she could have for that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Great plan! Buy a Burberry mac for £1,500 or so. When times are tough, sell it on eBay. Looks like they go for around £300, £400 at most. Of course, she treats her stuff like crap, so it'll be worth much less once covered in cat hair and slop stains.

You know what else is a good investment? Stick it in the bank! I know it's not exciting and maverick and all, but gasp, the number may even go up instead of down. I wonder if we added up all the ridic luxury purchases, we could get up to the amount required for a house deposit? That's aside from the KH money.
I totally get that people will buy higher end goods as their wage packet increases.

However, Mulberry bags (although not to everyone’s taste) are expensive and seen as a special purchase. It shocks me that she would treat an item like that with such disdain and shows that when she is flush she really doesn’t give a f*** about how she spends her money.

ETA actually it doesn’t shock me.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I totally get that people will buy higher end goods as their wage packet increases.

However, Mulberry bags (although not to everyone’s taste) are expensive and seen as a special purchase. It shocks me that she would treat an item like that with such disdain and shows that when she is flush she really doesn’t give a f*** about how she spends her money.

ETA actually it doesn’t shock me.
In the thread about her jacket she says she cut the label out. Does she mean the price tags, or the the actual label because her wording to me implies that? If it’s the latter, surely that would hugely devalue it. (I’d cut price tags etc off, but cutting out suggests the labels you get on like the neck... I’ve done it with scratchy ones in shirts before, not that I’ve ever bought anything Burberry!)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
In the thread about her jacket she says she cut the label off. Does she mean the price tags, or the the actual label? If it’s the latter, surely that would hugely devalue it.
I noticed that too.

Is she embarrassed to have bought a Burberry coat?

Is she embarrassed about the price?

Make it make sense.

Reactions: 28
Going to have to edit my list. The foot/broken glass incident wasn't before Hellmann's! It was before a Facebook Live to promote Good Food for Bad Days! 😮😳

Soz, Jack xoxo

• Haha
Reactions: 42
You may recall a few threads ago after someone re-posted the Jackapella 'Landslide' video that I said I could make an entire song using solely sounds from it if I wanted to give us all nightmares. Well, a seed was sown and I found myself in need of a distraction project this week so I did it. I would call it an arrangement rather than a remix as I've put the words in a more appropriate order for our Slop Princess. Unfortunately we can't get the full effect because the bloody pillock got the lyrics wrong and didn't realise that the final verse isn't the same, it's a variation on the first which would have contained some essential words that I needed.

Please only listen if you're feeling masochistic. It's definitely an improvement on Jack warbling in a hotel bathroom but even Slopbot can't turn her into Stevie Nicks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 143
You may recall a few threads ago after someone re-posted the Jackapella 'Landslide' video that I said I could make an entire song using solely sounds from it if I wanted to give us all nightmares. Well, a seed was sown and I found myself in need of a distraction project this week so I did it. I would call it an arrangement rather than a remix as I've put the words in a more appropriate order for our Slop Princess. Unfortunately we can't get the full effect because the bloody pillock got the lyrics wrong and didn't realise that the final verse isn't the same, it's a variation on the first which would have contained some essential words that I needed.

Please only listen if you're feeling masochistic. It's definitely an improvement on Jack warbling in a hotel bathroom but even Slopbot can't turn her into Stevie Nicks.
It's JM SHREDS!

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Your work deserves higher recognition. This is utterly brilliant.
I can only hope enough people find Tattle and see these masterpieces

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Slopbot looks so triumphant yet coy, at the top of the mountain. Just brilliant!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.