Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cripes, just read the coat story!
She's so brave, so gutsy, so clever! Is what she wants you to say.
Sorry, Jack, that'll be an eyeroll and bum jumble from me. 🙄 :poop:

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm a member of that group and loads of squiggles there recommend the chickpea and peach slurry.

I do wonder how much fuel it costs to make that.

I have one friend who makes all her own stock powder and spices from fresh using a dehydrator but she genuinely has severe allergies so can't have any preservatives at all.

When you consider the fuel costs we must remember to factor in fuel used up in boiling away the toxins from canned chickpeas... oh... wait...

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Is "munchie" short for Munchausenie?! It makes sense now....i thought it was like.... insatiable hunger for attention...ie..the munchies. 😳😀

• Haha
Reactions: 46
11DC1BFB-17E7-48DF-8EB5-C2AA061E3C4B.png
How good does Miguel’s minestrone look in comparison to those soups last week?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
When you consider the fuel costs we must remember to factor in fuel used up in boiling away the toxins from canned chickpeas... oh... wait...
Do you think she has confused them with linseed? As all things are interchangeable, and is thinking of the cyanide? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yes you are that tosser Jack..
I completely misread this as " yes you are that toaster Jack". Really wanted to say, but but she doesn't have one though despite evidenceof said toaster in same tweet as not having one 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤣 (ahhhh, I just thought. What if it isn't her toaster but the bubble buddies so technically she doesn't have one) got to have the get out clauses. I really should go find my glasses though, my phone is about 10cm from my face to read this 😂😂

ETA, glasses now on. No more mistaking toasters for tossers. Although if that did happen, that would be one heck of a calamity injury worthy of a good lady dr 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Fare Share is fantastic, I have been involved in a project in my local community that gets foods from there, they get a lot of the Tesco extra special range because it obviously doesn't sell well. You pay £2 and can choose 5 items, one of them meat. I've had watermelons, huge expensive boxes of posh cereal and loads of dairy free stuff.

They also have an initiative where you pay a couple of pounds for a family meal box, kinda like Hello Fresh but just normal food. They give a recipe too, simple things like pasta bakes.
They do brilliant work. I’m so glad they’ve teamed up with a safe pair of hands for this.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Burberry tale is here! Hopefully it works.
Ok, so I (stupidly?) reread that. This struck me as not really sitting well together....
8A8C4698-7983-4F66-B7FF-0FAFF966F4B7.jpeg

So you buy expensive stuff, in case you have to sell for quick bucks, and then you ruin it so it’s practically worthless? Oh........kay.

And I couldn’t help but correct this...
1A97BF1B-2611-480C-BAD1-0C9C42876434.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Ok, so I (stupidly?) reread that. This struck me as not really sitting well together....
View attachment 450786
So you buy expensive stuff, in case you have to sell for quick bucks, and then you ruin it so it’s practically worthless? Oh........kay.

And I couldn’t help but correct this...
View attachment 450788
Imagine, eh? Expensive bags I own are stored in the dust bag and box (I’m bleeping terrified of them but I worked hard to get them!) and my nicer clothes I own are hung up and well cared for? I don’t fling either around on the day to day because I want them to last and not get ruined?!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Oh oh, someone has tagged Jack in the #muddypuddlechallenge - given the muddy puddles Jack comes across I cannot wait to see what sort of treasures will be revealed when she posts hers.
95961DEF-A6CD-4215-845B-CF30DA2C69C6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.