Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her new updated Jackanory story would be a brilliant thread title!

EDIT - snap @PhilHardingsHat 🤣

I really can't add anything to the excellent posts on here. It's so telling that she can write paragraphs and paragraphs about how hard everything was for her, but only one sentence on her actually resigning, which is totally devoid of any responsbility-taking at all. Followed by a whole heap of her basically saying her employers were meanies to not take her back. It's also totally fascinating to me how often everything has a backstory to it, everything has events that mean Jack was really the victim. Every time she insists there was more she won't go into, what I think she really means is she'll embellish it whenever suits to get the most sympathy possible.
Oooh I'd feel like I'd really arrived if I get a thread title, it may be the start of great things to come,
next I'll be the founder of a hashtag ;)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I live in a RENTED flat in a council high rise. It is not my dream home but it is what I can afford. It is lovely, tidy, clean, warm, great neighbours, good views, handy for shops, safe (now the cladding is off 😂, new stuff not installed yet though) and secure.

She wants and thinks she deserves a 4 bed two bathroom house in a posh area for her and her son. She is not content to live in it, she wants to own it!

Dream homes are just that for most people. A dream.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
Regarding this-
Screenshot_20210217-144331.png

I'm not sure why she's acting like this is the first time in 10 years she's been able to document her story of leaving the fire service? It can be found in a number of places on the internet (unsurprisingly). There's an article in The Guardian published in 2014, where she tells the tale. This here is from her website, written in 2013 -

Screenshot_20210217-101710.png

Those pesky "comments on the internet" ay? 🤔

This is also part of that piece on her website. Apparently hundreds of people applied for Jack's job, and she got it. Wonder why that was? 🙃
Screenshot_20210217-163156.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
This new telling of the resignation story doesn't do her any favours. If she was a valued member of the team, and had worked out a solution with other team members, they would be only to happy to keep her. Training new staff is a costly business, so they tend to hang on to trained staff wherever possible, the ones that are any good that is.
I can honestly say that if any of my staff that resigned then rescinded their resignation I’d have hugged them Well liked and trained team members are an asset to the organization

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I don't have children, so could someone help me understand what's so wrong with the attitude "why didn't you think this through?" please?

I appreciate its not very empathetic or kind (be kind!!) but it's a job, your managers aren't there to cuddle and reassure you, you work, they pay you. They do a reasonable amount re adaptations to make sure you can perform your role, you do the same.
You are spot-on. You always hope that your employer will be flexible for when the unplanned things happen around caring for kids (I've been very fortunate in that way) - and employers tend to be more open to this when you are a good/valuable employee where they would rather lose a few hours of your labour than lose you altogether.
I know it's a more sensitive issue when it comes to having children than other issues, but this kind of entitlement is half the reason I quit working in management. I had someone who worked for me buy a house 40 miles from the workplace and inform me they could now no longer afford a car so we needed to change their hours to accommodate their travel - "why didn't you think this through?" was just blasting through my head the entire time. They were astounded when they were informed that the business couldn't change its opening hours just because they didn't want to wait for a night bus.

But like Minky says - if that person had not been generally a pain in my ass and had come to me earlier, discussed the plans and given me time to come up a solution, and actually worked with me on how it could be done, things would have been totally different. You can't always just do whatever you want and expect your job to fix everything around you and it sounds a lot like she just demanded special treatment and quit in a huff when she didn't get it.

Reactions: 46
So it was 32 x her annual income THEN, but today it's 37 x her income ......

View attachment 441812
According to the Zoopla estimate of her rented bungalow today and the 37x figure, she earns 19,000 annually.

According to the Zoopla estimate of her rented bungalow today and the 32x figure from last year (festival edition), she earns 22,000 annually.

According to my own calculations, she earns a minimum of 15,000 annually just from Patreon.

#Jackenomics

ETA: Her rented bungalow is valued at 669-740k, so I took the middle value. Yes, it's pretty shocking how expensive 4-bed detached homes with large gardens in very desirable areas are.

I have a lot of issues with the housing market and the state of housing. I live in a more expensive area than Jack (yikes), so we have a much more modest, much smaller three bed semi. There are four of us and we have two above average incomes and our house needed extensive work when we bought it. Her expectations are out of control. No two person household needs a four-bed home.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Overworked NHS worker incorrectly filled in data on the system, so let's make them look like incompetent fools. When in actual fact, he may well have incorrectly filled in the form. The admin assistant is not medically trained and wouldn't necessarily know what the BMI should be, or even take that much notice.

It was most likely a simple mistake on data input. It is like those people that say "I got a polling card for my 3 year old child". Either you filled in the form incorrectly, or it was a data input error. What is so hilarious that it makes the front page of a newspaper?

Am I the only one that finds these sort of stories nether hilarious nor newsworthy. Of course Jack thought it was funny, it would appeal to her childish humour.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Fkin hell. I really have reached my limit on her bullshit. Her face in every paper and podcast AGAIN with the same but ever so slightly different each time story. She latches on to a particular angle (leaving her job for a cushy life on benefits) NOBODY has ever thought that to be the truth, but she takes it and runs with it so that all of the other facts fly under the radar.

Reactions: 40
Overworked NHS worker incorrectly filled in my data on the system, so let's make them look like incompetent fools. When in actual fact, he may well have incorrectly filled in the form. The admin assistant is not medically trained and wouldn't necessarily know what the BMI should be, or even take that much notice.

It was most likely a simple mistake on data input. It is like those people that say "I got a polling card for my 3 year old child". Either you filled in the form incorrectly, or it was a data input error. What is so hilarious that it makes the front page of a newspaper?

Am I the only one that finds these sort of stories nether hilarious nor newsworthy. Of course Jack thought it was funny, it would appeal to her childish humour.
STOP PRESS! Minor, inconsequential clerical error happened!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
In relation to her job situation, she just strikes me as one of those people who has a problem for every solution. I know many workplaces DO need to up their game in the flexibility department, I just get the feeling that no matter the support she had (or didn’t have) she had absolutely no intention of continuing with her job at that point. Which is absolutely fine, but to plunge yourself into a precarious financial situation with no particular plan and a little one in tow just seems reckless to me.
I have two young kids and I did have to leave my other job after Mat leave due to their inflexibility 📐 and not having any family living close by, but I bloody made sure I had something else lined up before I left!

Also re: the buying an egg, tomato and shite sarnie on the day she was fired... didn’t she say at one point that she was allergic to tomato or am I imagining that?

Reactions: 38
i feel like i've typed something like this before, but this is jack's world and everything's repetitive

the last 3 bed house on her road sold for £525,000, divide that by 37 and we can conclude that she's pretending to the squigs that she only makes £14k. plenty of scope for sadfishing and tip jar rattling

as i said earlier on f+d, i hope she doesn't get any ideas from the ptwm wiki! 😲

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to afford to RENT a house which is 37x my salary never mind buy it. That logic doesn't make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I wish the Essex fire service would release a statement. They won't though because of Daddy. And because nobody gives a duck about Jack Monroe leaving her job 10+ years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.