Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Allowing your child to go hungry and cold when there are options available to you
This is what I will never understand.
She put her pride before the welfare of her child.
And for some reason she feels this is a story that bears repeating as a sort of badge of honour. I would hang my bleeping head in shame and never mention it again if that was me. Certainly not make a career out of it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I’ve seen people who have 50+ eyeshadow palettes and 100+ lipsticks. The thought of that just gives me anxiety. I thought my 10 palettes were excessive.
I really don't get it - unless you're a makeup artist, actor, drag king/queen etc then I don't know why you'd need so much of it?? Most people have a couple of favourite palettes and a handful of other stuff - a couple of favourite products and some extras for special occasions, no? (Admittedly I haven't ever worn makeup on a regular basis... 😬 )

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I‘ve read that some ”influencers“ will include typos in their posts on social media, because there’s always someone that will comment to point it out, which then ups their engagement. I think Glossy FB Jack was kind of doing the same. There’s no way she was that new to make up (speculation and just a hunch your honour), but applying what looks like her entire collection all at once, in a hack-handed way, is guaranteed to get attention and comments.

It‘s true that with the right skills you don’t need the high end brands. A friend of a friend 📐 went on to become a highly successful MUA (we‘re taking international supermodels, music videos, that kind of thing), and his recommended brand was Rimmel. Now this was “84 years ago”, but the point still stands.
Personally I love Barry M, it’s affordable, colourful, cruelty free, and fully VEGAN!

(yikes, sorry for the long post 🥴)
Fellow Barry M lover here. It was one of the few vegan and CF brands when I went vegan two decades ago. Lily Lolo is also quite good too for the basics and brushes.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Sorry if this is something that’s been addressed but this post caught my eye on one of her many facebook profiles from a few years back.... She posted a very concerning status, claiming to have had her drink spiked by a barman (and as a result can’t attend an event or something to that effect).
There are some rightfully concerned commenters underneath, asking what the outcome was (as in,“did she report the barman/take it further” like she said she would, and she hasn’t answered any of them.
I know it’s difficult to say what we would all do in that situation but I just find it odd that she’s basically accusing a barman of spiking her drink, claiming it can’t have been anyone else, yet didn’t appear to take it up with the establishment or take it further. What was the purpose of telling everyone on her facebook?! I know it’s from a few years back but the whole thing just strikes me as odd.

ETA sorry for the pics uploading back to front, tech and me are not friends x Thankspaceyou x

ETA #2 couple of other random things stood out to me too...
Walking stick - does/did she have a walking stick?
The advice - She posts a load of advice underneath her post but actually doesn’t appear to have followed one bit of it herself (ringing police/letting establishment know/seeking medical advice etc)
The friend - Who was the mystery friend, seems like someone from southend as sounds like they got a taxi back together but no trace of them on the post.

Just weird innit lads? Sorry for all the edits and ramblings, she makes my brain explode
'If you collapse, call an ambulance'?? Do we have a different definition of that word, or does she think someone can dream-dial 999??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
The weird thing about narcs is they go on and on about some bad thing that happened, more than is normal and to the point where it actually gets more and more, rather than less and less. That’s Jack and The Poverty.
Anyone else would have put it behind them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
The weird thing about narcs is they go one and on about some bad thing that happened, more than is normal and to the point where it actually gets more and more, rather than less and less. That’s Jack and The Poverty.
Anyone else would have put it behind them.
Yup, it's part of the self-sabotage really. They tell their story and moan in so many different versions of the same basic formula that anyone but their most devoted fans get bored and leaves 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 31
Aha - not self sabotage. It shows how special they are (they survived it) plus it helps them identify people with feelings. If you feel bad for them, they’re in.

Reactions: 34
Here is the link from an archive of Jack's blog, September 24th 2012. This is a cringey song she wrote about herself, twice referring to herself as middle class. So we have evidence of two acknowledgements now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Someone mentioned this at the end of the last thread, but I went and checked too... I’m pretty sure Jack has unfollowed the Linda McCartney Instagram.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
This link is a picture of Jack at a local Diamond Jubilee community awards. So this would have been about June 2012, about a month before Hunger Hurts. She clearly has short, styled hair that is not overgrown. Also, she clearly doesn't look alone and starving.

In fact all photos of her from that era show her with short, neat hair. So much for not being able to afford the hairdressers.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Ive scrolled back as far as I could bare and found another potential nugget. I have never known anyone require so many ambulances or hospital trips. There’s always an additional bit of chaos aswell isn’t there, a furious man shouting at them as they got in to the ambulance 🙄

I know these are old news, but just thought I would grab the screenshots in case anyone is keeping a tally of her historic ailments/ambulance trips...If nothing else it just reinforces the sheer number of chaoses!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Somewhat unrelated but I found an excellent book on Narcissism it's really bringing me back to earlier Tattle threads 😬 and also my own life, but that's not important right??? (panic)
It's called 'Why Is It Always About You? : The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism' if anyone's interested! I like the slyly sassy way the author talks about narcissists she's known, and there's some genuinely helpful info in there 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Thanks @Cunderthunt
Here is a screenshot from that Sept 2012 link.
I don’t think the Lady The Mayor had a problem with traaazzzzers but Jack wore a dress anyway
F8FCF6A9-3FD1-4CDD-AE13-C786B425836A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 49
'If you collapse, call an ambulance'?? Do we have a different definition of that word, or does she think someone can dream-dial 999??
it was the lefty journo cosplay that made me laugh.

More like turned up without a ticket and tried to blag her way in, gave it a bit of the old 'do you know who I am' doorsperson said they didn't, so Jack went and got pissed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
This link is a picture of Jack at a local Diamond Jubilee community awards. So this would have been about June 2012, about a month before Hunger Hurts. She clearly has short, styled hair that is not overgrown. Also, she clearly doesn't look alone and starving.

In fact all photos of her from that era show her with short, neat hair. So much for not being able to afford the hairdressers.
Oh my gosh, the text with that pic, how she doesn't deserve her award then straight into pity party mode of how hard life is for her. Her hair does look nice in that pic tho!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Ive scrolled back as far as I could bare and found another potential nugget. I have never known anyone require so many ambulances or hospital trips. There’s always an additional bit of chaos aswell isn’t there, a furious man shouting at them as they got in to the ambulance 🙄

I know these are old news, but just thought I would grab the screenshots in case anyone is keeping a tally of her historic ailments/ambulance trips...If nothing else it just reinforces the sheer number of chaoses!
These are a goldmine! “quietly furious” 🤦‍♀️ Thank(space)you for finding them @Jumpingbeansterrapin
This story is like “The Greatest Hits of The Chaoses!“ featuring the bonus track, “Two Female Paramedics”, and a remix of the classic “Cursed At By Stranger” (White Van Man‘s middle finger mix).

@People-huv-tae-know Ive just looked up Lily Lolo, their stuff looks lovely!

I don’t think the Lady The Mayor had a problem with traaazzzzers but Jack wore a dress anyway
I thought you’d just said that for our amusement, then laughed out loud when she actually did make a big deal of wearing a dress in her caption.

Edited again to add, “Lady The Mayor” omg 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Haha, engage full on pity party mode. Always the same when these 'social media personalities' get held to account for their own words and actions. It's a shame she doesn't remember to be kind when she's ripping the piss out of Stacey Dooley or whoever else she views as an easy target on any given day.

• Heart
In this link, from October 2012 when Jack was supposedly in the throes of The Poverty and couldn’t afford to go to the hairdressers, Jack is pictured again with short, neat hair in the same style as before, maybe 1/2 inch - 1 inch longer. Hair grows 1/2 inch a month so her hair should have been 2 inches longer if it’s had not been cut. This means that she must have had a haircut in about August when she was supposedly selling her lightbulbs to stave off starvation and homelessness.

Also, ever the masculine-leaning androgynous butch non-binary tomboy, she is in a knee-high dress. That shows off her perfectly healthy weight, non-birthmarked legs.

• Haha
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.