Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The grapefruit one is mad. If she can’t eat grapefruit, which a lot of people can’t, who tested the prawn recipe for her Christmas abomination? It can’t have been the Brexit tin thief Louisa Compton as she’s a vegetarian. It can’t have been Caroline as she and her hands are both furloughed. It can’t have been anyone else or she’d have been breaking lockdown. So she obviously didn’t get those recipes tested. Or she eats grapefruit. So why would someone have to gift her the empty squash bottles? Why did they have to be grapefruit squash anyway? It’s harder work than the plot of Marcella.
Weren't there 3 testers at the paper according to her (not that I believe that)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Weren't there 3 testers at the paper according to her (not that I believe that)
Three home economists who insisted that sausages should be cooked in the oven for almost an hour. You know, those guys.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
The constant insisting her family aren’t wealthy is disingenuous. I’ve said it before that I feel my family background is similar to hers, now I know wealthy is subjective but I wouldn’t say my family were wealthy either. To me wealthy is children in private schools, second homes, several foreign holidays a year, at least a couple of luxury cars, it’s an excess of money. However I’d say her family were, like mine, comfortable. No debts, no hunger, no one lacking anything they needed and some money left over for treats. Her family could certainly have afforded to fill her fridge and cupboards every couple of weeks without any financial hardship to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Not listening to the podcast but the article is basically saying that women can't go back to work after having a child.

She's feeding into the tory mentality she was railing against a few weeks ago when she said the government poster showing women at home was akin to nazi propaganda.

But now, despite having what sounds like a good childcare support network, she was driven to a breakdown and out of work.

So according to Jack, there is nothing that can help a person return to work after a child. Once again she merrily throws a whole section of society under the bus (train) in order to promote her fake back story.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
In response to them saying she's incredible.

Untitled 5.png

Unsquiggled as they're a blue tick.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Yes you're right she has walked straight into their trap really. What's the solution? Ah yes women should not go out to work. They should only have kids when there is a husband to do that bit. Family values. Back to basics. But her desire to talk about how bad it was for her , the rosy glow that gives her, blinded her to what she was saying implies. "Unsustainable" for a single mother. Even one with every kind of support.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
The constant insisting her family aren’t wealthy is disingenuous. I’ve said it before that I feel my family background is similar to hers, now I know wealthy is subjective but I wouldn’t say my family were wealthy either. To me wealthy is children in private schools, second homes, several foreign holidays a year, at least a couple of luxury cars, it’s an excess of money. However I’d say her family were, like mine, comfortable. No debts, no hunger, no one lacking anything they needed and some money left over for treats. Her family could certainly have afforded to fill her fridge and cupboards every couple of weeks without any financial hardship to them.
Definitely subjective, because being 'comfortable' is something people with money always say 😂 & something the poor simply want to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
The Telegraph article... Just, why? There's nothing up to date in it. What relevance does it have? In the middle of a pandemic, with single parents all over the country struggling to work and home school, I guess it must have been hard to find anyone with a more recent experience... 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 80
Yes you're right she has walked straight into their trap really. What's the solution? Ah yes women should not go out to work. They should only have kids when there is a husband to do that bit. Family values. Back to basics. But her desire to talk about how bad it was for her , the rosy glow that gives her, blinded her to what she was saying implies. "Unsustainable" for a single mother. Even one with every kind of support.
It's particularly galling in her case, because she made an active choice to be a single mum. And that's a totally legitimate choice. But with any choice you make, you'll need to think through how it's going to work practically. Any parent in the world will tell you that having a child affects many areas of your life, including your work life. Yes, I empathise with the shock of going back to work after having a child - I found it really hard, too, as many women do. And childcare is tricky, even in a 9-5 job. But I also think a lot of it is emotional rather than logistical. By that I mean, I had no logistical childcare issues as I had a job with standard hours and a very reliable childminder and I still found it really hard. More childcare would have not solved my issues, more money wouldn't have. It was just a hard time, as life often can be.

Anyway, I could write on this for hours, but once again, it's just another thing that shows what a narc she is. If the baby was happy between childminder, grandparents and dad, then it was her decision to stop that.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
For the majority of people, the years before kids go to school are a struggle. You make sacrifices, you're skint. The nuclear family unit doesnt exist/work in society now. You struggle on through those years until theyre in full time and you then take every opportunity you can to make your situation better. Not necessarily better, but easier. Holiday clubs/wraparound care is still a nightmare to afford and juggle but those early years are tough. She purposely didnt ask for help. She has herself to blame, she actvely chose to have a baby and wilfully neglected him and continues to behave in a way that does and will affect him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
I don't understand how someone who used to work for an emergency service can use A&E like she does? I've not visited A&E for myself ever, not once. It's for emergencies, not black eyes, stress etc. But by saying she ended up there is makes her pathetic range of illnesses/accidents seems much more serious.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.