Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really wish I could say, I probably said too much. I am hoping there was more than one person that left the "cheese course", otherwise I might have just identified them to Jack :oops:.
Don't worry, I think lots of people left it, you would be more triangulated if your friend had eaten it!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Me too, in 2019...
I know someone who was prescribed beta blockers. She kind of didn’t realise it was for her anxiety though... and used to make it sound like she had a heart condition and it actually made her even more anxious 🙃....... though I’m sure they were necessary and once the dose of those and other meds was sorted all was well.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I must confess that in my ‘that Jack Monroe is alright’ days I tried tinned potatoes several ways. They exploded when I roasted them and, honestly, I would rather live without mash than only have mashed tinned potatoes (& I bloody love mash).
Ooo fellow mash lovers, get a spud, poke with sharp knife a couple of times, zap in the microwave, when done, cut into pieces, bung in the ricer, et voila, not only do you have lump free mash, but it removes the skin as well in less than 10 mins 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
27kV isn’t impressed with graeme’s body of work.
edit because I posted the screenshots the wrong way round

01C82EBF-535C-4B50-B3D8-901A0073DB93.jpeg
FBF29281-5897-4EAB-A140-CEAAD0EC2C9A.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
I have been prescribed beta blockers in the first instance for anxiety @Misbehaving! With no checks on preexisting conditions. This was in 2013.
I have been too, probably also around 2013. Beta blockers seem to be the first port of call before diazepam etc.

Also I don't think psychiatrists literally see people in bed and it would take a while to get a referral.
I've definitely seen it happen in Holby City so it must be true. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 25
That latest Instagram grid post of her lunch. Obviously the discussion about how her portion sizes barely hold enough calorific value to satisfy one of the brambly mice has got to her. She doesn't half protest too much about all this shite. How is she not exhausted from all the constant bullshittery she forces herself to keep up with because I've hit BURNOUT
You mean she read my post 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Have we all seen Graeme’s handiwork? The viggles are not amused...

996D1FF0-36AE-4B3A-BD29-A85FDAAB1794.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I’m not letting go of the Graeme saga (era?) just yet. I think he still has other viggles to speak to doesn’t he, and I’m curious as to what they say too. 27k has put a lot of emotional energy into this and I’d imagine she had pretty high expectations.

Also, any fraus with publishing knowledge think there’s still a chance of her book being realised December this year? December would have been too late for the Christmas market anyway, I think that’s usually an October release date? Either way, she’s not just disrespecting her readers with ... whatever the duck she’s doing just now, it’s the editors, printers, marketing people, booksellers etc etc. She really is that self-involved that she can’t see that although writing might be a solitary affair, it’s also part of a bigger team effort 🤦‍♀️

(btw in my head this 🤦‍♀️ emoji is always Rosemary her agent)

• Haha
Reactions: 46
£20k (or living wage rate) is what she chooses to pay herself as a salary from the company. It's not what she earns.

ETA - waaaaay behind on this one!

I love that jack is so environmentally friendly that she recycles her old recipes into a new book. Veg peel Roast, anyone for seconds?
I’m a day 1 frau so am aware! Just pointing out how, as usual, IT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
LOL. This is so me too #too.
I left home at 16 with zero idea how to cook. I have many memorable vile concoction stories but a favourite is when a prospective boyfriend came round unexpectedly and caught me cooking something eggy and parsnippy under the grill.
My go-to in bedsit land was packet noodles with frozen peas and inexplicably, natural yoghurt.
This was in the early 90s. I wish I'd clicked onto what a money spinner poverty cuisine is, I could have been the original JM the original JM
And this part of your post * the original JM* is the oxymoron of the day

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
My best guess was “BBC - Little Portuguese honey cakes”but that can’t be right cos they already exist and therefore haven’t just been invented in the crazy smol pixie brain. 🤔
Not sure why ‘BBC’ though.
Stolen from bbc good food like much of her 'work'

That latest Instagram grid post of her lunch. Obviously the discussion about how her portion sizes barely hold enough calorific value to satisfy one of the brambly mice has got to her. She doesn't half protest too much about all this shite. How is she not exhausted from all the constant bullshittery she forces herself to keep up with because I've hit BURNOUT
I’ve looked via a viewer, but can’t see anything 😕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.