Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear those wall recipes are just to troll us Tattlers. These recipes sound even more disgusting than her usual slop. Pea and bacon porridge anyone? šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
You've mentioned that before Jack. It didn't impress then, and it doesn't impress now.

I know someone that was at that dinner. They didn't eat your course, said it tasted like soap....must have been in that slow cooker you made bubble bath in.
šŸ˜± tea!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Cum egg fried rice? I sure hope that's short for cumin.

Cream of salmon soup :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Her parents were foster carers so were used to looking after children. Jack could have asked them to look after their grandson full time for the four days that she worked, at least until she was able to sort out a more suitable arrangement.

It seems unlikely that they would take in children of strangers, but refuse to let their grandson move in for 4 days of the week. So either Jack didn't ask them, or they were unwilling to do so. They were clearly able to look after a child, because at that time they were looking after other foster children.

Unless they were only willing to look after children if they were paid to do so.
On twenty seven grand a year and around Ā£5-600 a month rent, she could have afforded to pay them.

Reactions: 27
I looked it up and she has the same agent as Allegra. Awkward. I wonder if that's how they met

Jack met Allegra on Twitter when Allegra asked her what her (SB's) goldfish was called. Jack told her it was called Allegra because of course it was.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
I swear those wall recipes are just to troll us Tattlers. These recipes sound even more disgusting than her usual slop. Pea and bacon porridge anyone? šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢
I saw chilli mustard pickled eggs
I hate mess
I hate the performative ā€œcat ate my homeworkā€
Where the wallpaper desk task system these days?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
As if she's including crappy recipes that a) she's already been paid for as part of a corporate sponsorship and b) have already appeared across multiple platforms for free, in a book that people have to pay for? All while about six months after her deadline? And showing off about two grand of dull af sideboards but pretending she's poor?

Not quite like when Nigella or Nadiya have recipes from their TV shows up on the BBC Good Food site. Throw some tit and see what sticks, huh, Jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The book sounds truly awful. I feel bad for all the young people who get gifted it by their earnest middle class relatives.

I think her system with the living wage must just mean her spending money. Like she pays rent and business expenses and bills or whatever and spends 17k or whatever on tat and presents etc.

itā€™s only when I saw her garden (and house price) today that I truly realised how nice she has it. Iā€™m not surprised she seems to be getting into debt and behind with bills as itā€™s not a realistic home for 1 adult on an unstable income.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Whatā€™s the betting that she spent more time pinning all that crap to the wall than sheā€™s actually spent writing the book.
How many extensions has she had now? Iā€™m sure she said she was about to hand this thing in as far back as June. And yet here we are, with two weeks to go, and all she has is a load of scrappy old bits of paper, presumably with recipes that failed the test for any of her previous books.
This is not going to be a classic.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Does she realise that all this chaos and last minute decision making for a big deadline does not come accross professional at all. Not even when you have your cute ADHD notebooks (oh my, isn't she just so quirky, liking stationary!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I looked it up and she has the same agent as Allegra. Awkward. I wonder if that's how they met, or they met, or whether Allegra heavily hinted that her agent should take her on? Either way, the poor woman deserves every penny of her 10%.

Her finances are such a mystery. I wish I understood what the hell is going on with the companies house accounts.

Jack trying to write down her life story in a way that explains the inconsistencies:

View attachment 442034
4 Charlie memes in one page posted independently! Surely an internet world record

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.