Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's said this many times. If true, she's literally put her pride before her 'starving' child. Her pride saw her chose charity and food banks over asking family for help.

I've heard of hard working self made millionaires.. but rarely of bone idle self chosen poverty whoring.
She has NOW said on the SEB podcast that she went to the food bank ONCE, there was a woman there
who knew her mother, so she realised she'd have to tell her parents that she was short of money. She told them
and they came round with bags of shopping.

That is her new updated jackanory story.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I had no idea Jack was allergic to tomatoes. Why is she rinsing off hoops then? Seems dangerous if one of the ingredients could kill you.

How odd that we were talking about a tribunal the other day, and now all this has come up. I doubt very much she'd bother going to one, as too much would come out, but I suppose if she makes the right noises she can pretend she's in the right.
I’ve sat on tribunals and sometimes it has been really hard not to say “you mean they actually want you to do your job”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
If she has an anxiety disorder, which I think she might, it's self driven. If I was running about on all forms of media, sprouting my little seeds of lies, making up story after story, desperate for attention and keeping myself relevant, I'd be in full panic attack mode in fear of keeping up with it all and not being exposed!

This woman does herself no favours.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I don't have children, so could someone help me understand what's so wrong with the attitude "why didn't you think this through?" please?

I appreciate its not very empathetic or kind (be kind!!) but it's a job, your managers aren't there to cuddle and reassure you, you work, they pay you. They do a reasonable amount re adaptations to make sure you can perform your role, you do the same.

Am I being cold?
(I am autistic remember, so if I am it's not my fault anyway and don't be mean because I'm special)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
I don't take beta blockers, but do get mirtazapine and zopiclone on the same prescription. 🔺 I have diagnosed insomnia though, since I was born. I'm one of those freaks that barely ever sleeps, even with sleeping tablets in me. I take olanzapine as well as those two, and still, no sleep! lol. Literal madness!
That sounds difficult and frustrating, I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with it all your life. Many a time I’ve sat scrolling through Tattle at 4am wondering ‘what is life?!’ ... lack of sleep really does screw you over. Whether that be from medical conditions or incessantly searching your own name on Twitter til the early hours 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Loving that old Facebook account - excellent detective work! Sadly a lot of it is at the unreadable junction where Political Jack meets Jack The Poet
which leads to
a lot
of posts like
this because it
would seem that random
line
breaks
lend your words more
authenticity

This is my favourite post: "I'm no monarchist, but I wouldn't be without them."

So you're a monarchist then?

#WordsHaveMeanings
'Cacophony of photos...'
WTF?
Is English her second language?
Big 'precocious child stuck to the thesaurus' vibes with her tbf

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I have struggled these past few months, you lot have been instrumental in keeping me away from some very dark places. Not being able to leave the flat and the stress that creates precludes the need to make an effort to look presentable. It can be a downward spiral that is hard to get yourself out of.

Jack's antics can sometimes make me worse, making me so angry at her lies, but at other times you lot have me laughing until it hurts over some of her more outrageous claims. Getting angry and upset hurts me, not her, so I am here for the laughs and wait for the demise of Jack's time in the limelight, no matter how long it takes.
I can relate totally to what you've said.
The recent discovery of this little nugget of a website has helped me LOL when LOLLING
was the last thing on my mind.
Gentle hugs for you and all who are struggling with lockdown 3.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It sure ain’t her first, how can writing be your job when you constantly mangle the language?
I think we might find that the book chapter will soon be further edited after she reads the comments about her writing on here.

You're welcome, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
That sounds difficult and frustrating, I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with it all your life. Many a time I’ve sat scrolling through Tattle at 4am wondering ‘what is life?!’ ... lack of sleep really does screw you over. Whether that be from medical conditions or incessantly searching your own name on Twitter til the early hours 🙄
It can be frustrating, but I'm so use to it at this point, I wouldn't be able to fit every thing I like to do in a day if I was actually sleeping 6-8 hours a day like I should lol! You just have to learn to work around such things imo. Something Jack needs to learn!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
How many times can one person rehash the same bloody story, we get it you were poor for two minutes donkey’s years ago, now pull up your big girl pants, forget about it, and get on with your life in a useful way. Stop doing pile-ons, cook something that actually looks good but most of all stop with the bloody whinging!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I think this new book is going to be a 150 page reply to Tattle. Like "Potatoes" on steriods...

• Haha
Reactions: 49
It's such a harmful myth to put out there, isn't it? When she says she didn't want to go to the food bank because it might end up with her son being removed from her care, I wonder how many people hear that and think "what?? if there's a risk of that, then I for sure will not avail myself of the help that is out there even though I need it."

At the very, very least Jack should make clear that this is NOT the case and that she was wrong to have thought it

And, as the "co-parent" to numerous foster kids, you'd think Jack would have been aware at that time that a visit to a food bank is not grounds for the removal of a child.

God, that makes me (quietly, simmeringly etc) bloody angry.
I've said it before that she is an awful advocate for the 'things that matter to her' who only succeeds in rehashing stereotypes, reinforcing stigmas and spreading really bloody unhelpful information. I really worry that it is having negative impacts on impressionable people who maybe don't have the resources or access to information to consider all the options available to them. The fact that no one bothers to do an ounce of checking or even considering what she says (I'm one of those that emailed the Guardian after the feral children comment) is even more infuriating.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Sorry i know its just a small query but how could she be prescribed beta blockers so easily?
As i've mentioned on a previous post my gp voiced concerns over my irregular heart beat and i was booked in for hospital appointments and then they told me i had a problem with the aortic valve and then i had open heart surgery and if was only after having surgery than i was prescribed beta blockers which along with a low dosage of aspirin (to thin the blood) i will have to take for the rest of my life?
I could be wrong but if she is talking about having heart problems surely (as in my own case) only a cardiologist can diagnose the actual technicalities of the problem i.e what is causing it which area is affected and the need to prrscribe the right medicine based on pinpointing the origins of the problem?
I've never heard of a doctor just handing out beta blockers for a heart problem no the authority for that comes only from a cardiologist.
Unless beta blockers were prescribed for anxiety?
If they were then i don't really understand does she have a heart condition or not?
An irregular heartbeat is a cause for concern (thats what my lovely gp picked up on and got the ball rolling for further tests?) but as far as i'm aware the gp cannot prescribe beta blockers just for having that symptom alone (i could be wrong but as i said it is not in keeping with my experience)?
I work in Pharmacy🔺and there is a trend at the moment of trying to get people with anxiety onto a beta blocker and off a Benzodiazepine (because they are crazy addictive). I take Propranolol for a racing heart/palpitations caused by anxiety but like you say, I had to have an ecg to rule out any possible other causes.
Propranolol seems to be the most prescribed beta blocker for anxiety at my place; Atenolol and Bisoprolol seem to be prescribed more often for proper Cardiac issues and to control blood pressure.

• Heart
They could absolutely have done a shop for her, and made sure she and her son were fed. I reckon she means that they couldn't have afforded to cover *all* her expenses for her and allow her the life of leisure she so obviously craves (and, in many ways, actually has).
Agreed. Also it’s very hard to normalise for the huge economic / social shifts between generations when we think about what we consider to be comfortable or wealthy? Like we all know how much easier it was to buy property even pre crash where 100/110% mortgages were a thing, property has gone from 4 x the avg income to 8x over decades. It’s very difficult to even rent a flat as an individual in most cities, even if you’re on a high income you want to save for a 10/20% deposit. The difference the bank of mum and dad can make / increasing inequalities. But then life is very very different for us now and quality of life is arguably better in a lot of ways, we tend to buy more (& more disposable stuff), have more credit available, foreign travel is more accessible, even the sorts of foods we eat, etc etc etc. This obviously isn’t a well cited piece of research and I can only speak as a millennial but just anecdotally if she’s comparing herself to parents who’ve got multiple properties and final salary pensions then ofc she’ll feel like Oliver Twist. If she gets out the 50s and compares herself to her peer group she’ll realise she is in the top 5%, it’s not anyone’s fault she’s chosen not to utilise that cash to her long term gain?!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Didn’t Essex girl say when she was on here that Jack had resigned and then tried to rescind but the Fire Dept refused? Could it be that Jack is reacting and adapting her story because of that?
Yes that is the first time we heard that I think.
I can just imagine the sense of entitlement from Jack at that meeting, and absolute certainty she had they would give her back her job.
I fully believe she cried in M and S, through sheer rage and embarrassment. I imagine she was straight on the phone to Daddy to get him to sort it out and he rightly said it was out of his hands. Maybe 'the poverty' following was a duck you to him as it was his fault? 🤔
As others have said it sounds like the Fire Service bit off her hand and heaved a sigh of relief when she resigned. They will have done everything strictly by the book so there could be no comeback.

And is she seriously going over her back 'story' again? Even mentioning trolls? Omg. How completely unprofessional.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Jack had also claimed that she had a heart attack but there is no evidence of this. However there were photos of a SPLINTER that nearly required a trip to A&E.
I saw the 'suspected heart attack' story on the archive of her blog. It showed her with her shirt open with ECG pads and wires. Not that the photo proves anything. I've had a couple of ECGs. One was because I had a panic attack just before a doc's appointment, so heart rate was going a bit mad. The other was a routine thing due to medication. So yeah, could be anything really.

First of all, big hugs about your health problems, that must have been terrifying at all points, and hope you are coping with any issues it brings up ♥

Secondly, Jack seems part of the self diagnosis trend that SM created. The amount of people who proclaim to be sick with whatever they've read online this week, really infuriates me. No one calls them out on it because it's not a hill worth dying on considering how nasty they become (had experience of this). Self diagnosers are always so vocal, they run off googled symptoms, contradictory issues, and must always be the sickest person in the convo. It honestly makes me scream! Jack is part of that bandwagon. It's bloody insulting to those who genuinely have these problems.
Yep. And austism is a popular one because if anyone calls you out on any inconsistencies it's "everyone is different!" "autism is different for women!" I'm the parent to an autistic child, and would get accused of 'gatekeeping' if I called out anyone whose story sounded dodgy.

Speaking of which, I wonder how the long COVID is going? A friend of mine has been sick with it for nearly 10 months now and can barely brush her hair. I assume Jack is still struggling quite a bit, since she only caught COVID in December? :cautious:

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.