Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the photo for the telegraph article. Looks very normal. Not like long Covid. Hair length looks recent though... dunno.

@HotesTilaire more about losing job with confusing time frames. If SB was only 6 months old she went back super early for a UK mum of a premature baby.

View attachment 440960
There’s a lot of new mums on this thread, and I doubt any of us want to hear of the experiences of a middle class woman who gets #gifted roles above her actual market rate, who had the baby a decade ago, and has a bleeping mullet, speak about maternity issues during a global pandemic?

What will it take to commission someone from this bleeping decade please I beg of you!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 115
There’s a difference between ‘not being wealthy’ and ‘not having enough money to help out your daughter who is literally starving’. People hear what they want and it’s a clever way to put it- you could read it as her fire fighting OBE dad and nurse mum who are foster careers are so hard up that they can’t spare some extra pasta in the shopping for Jack and SB..... or that they were estranged/ ignorant/ unsympathetic.

Its all bollocks, selling the iPhone multiple times, letting SB go hungry before selling the guitar, writing in the local paper about being broke but her parents were unaware, going to the food bank once, appearing at charity photo shoots, being a single mum when SB spends so much time at his dads. Utter fabrication omg

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
I think time is really running out for Jack. Her story is out of date. And mainly lies. She’s not relevant. No one will want to work with her. People are more & more beginning to see through her.
If she had any sense at this point, she’d delete her social media and creep away quietly.

Reactions: 63
I don’t believe that her parents foster caring was basically putting them on the breadline (a large extension shows that). I’m sure she could have eaten round there or even, shock horror, moved home for a while to sort herself out.
I imagine part of the issue with her job is post baby is her dads shifts won’t have matched up.
I thought at one point she said she’d been sacked anyway?

Reactions: 36
but her parents were unaware,
She's said this many times. If true, she's literally put her pride before her 'starving' child. Her pride saw her chose charity and food banks over asking family for help.

I've heard of hard working self made millionaires.. but rarely of bone idle self chosen poverty whoring.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Why those photos of a clearly healthy Jack are relevant...the thing is, Jack herself claimed to be struggling physically and going hungry. In her meal plan here - https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jul/20/10-pound-a-week-recipes - she has, for example, a mushroom soup recipe. Ingredients:

onion ½, chopped
red wine vinegar 4 tbsp
mushrooms 100g
chicken stock cube 1 crumbled in 300ml boiling water
fresh thyme or rosemary 2 sprigs (or dried if unavailable)

This is to serve 2 people. There are 50 calories in that "meal". 25 calories each. She claims to have eaten 25 calories as her main meal.

She claims, literally, to have starved, and the photo evidence shows clearly that she did not.

(The same recipe list, by the way, tells you to trim the fat off your bacon and rinse your beans. If you're eating 25 calories of soup as your dinner, you're not rinsing beans or trimming fat!)

This is incredibly dangerous and irresponsible bollocks. She says on the one hand that she was starving, with collarbones poking out etc. She claims to have been living on incredibly meagre rations of food. The photos of that time tell a different story.

Now, I doubt that anyone actually read that Guardian article, bought that shopping list, and tried to follow the recipes. If they did, they would have rapidly become very, very sick...unlike Jack.

Over to you, Mr Nail...

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 88
The last few threads have been 😘

The old FB posts so clearly show she's lying about her financial status. I love the toaster and grapefruit lies, because they are just so bonkers, but if she ever gets taken down, it will be because of finances.
The same way Al Capone was jailed - because of his dodgy financial affairs.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Okay, nerd alert but if anyone has read the Wheel of Time books you'll know there’s an order of female sorcerers called Aes Sedai . Aes Sedai have a magical oath on them which means they can’t lie, but they’re experts at manipulating the truth “An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she speaks, may not be the truth you think you hear.” This whole thing about “my family were not wealthy” reminded me of this for some reason.

And also you know who tend to get ejected from hospitals without follow up care? Munchies. Funny how that popped into my head too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I don’t believe that her parents foster caring was basically putting them on the breadline (a large extension shows that). I’m sure she could have eaten round there or even, shock horror, moved home for a while to sort herself out.
I imagine part of the issue with her job is post baby is her dads shifts won’t have matched up.
I thought at one point she said she’d been sacked anyway?
You are right, Jack wrote about her dismissal letters in her blog.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Just in case any of you were thinking about staging an intervention, I followed a simple recipe for pancakes from the Tesco website instead which made use of my black bananas. They were delicious too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I hope you got that help and are on the up and up now.
I think some people use their outward appearance as a form of armour against the world. You can be falling apart inside and just want to curl into a ball and cry, but there's a pressure to put on a front and smile and carry on.
It's hard. Someone using make up to mask emotional trauma is nothing unusual sadly.
s

So true. And thank you, am getting there.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I hope you got that help and are on the up and up now.
I think some people use their outward appearance as a form of armour against the world. You can be falling apart inside and just want to curl into a ball and cry, but there's a pressure to put on a front and smile and carry on.
It's hard. Someone using make up to mask emotional trauma is nothing unusual sadly.
I have struggled these past few months, you lot have been instrumental in keeping me away from some very dark places. Not being able to leave the flat and the stress that creates precludes the need to make an effort to look presentable. It can be a downward spiral that is hard to get yourself out of.

Jack's antics can sometimes make me worse, making me so angry at her lies, but at other times you lot have me laughing until it hurts over some of her more outrageous claims. Getting angry and upset hurts me, not her, so I am here for the laughs and wait for the demise of Jack's time in the limelight, no matter how long it takes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 132
at one point we used to do our weekly shop in France because during the winter months the ferry fee for locals was almost nothing and in those days the pound was strong against the franc so it worked out cheaper than Tesco’s).
1. As an enthusiast of continental supermarkets, I genuinely love this. Smol Disco of the 90s would have loved this too. Wafting about in Carrefoure like le grande fromage
2. It still baffles me how Jack cannot make a white sauce (vegan or not) and maybe this is the hill I'm dying on. My all purpose vegan WS is block fat (NOT LARD OBVS), plain flour, miso paste, soya milk, nutmeg, dijon mustard (mustard is not mustard is mustard) salt and white pepper with leftover (once boiled) pasta water
3. I'm oscillating with complete confusion re: The Pride Over Starving Child vs Was Child Ever Actually Starving with all the timeline stuff that has come out recently. It just doesn't make any sense. Will it ever make sense.
4. Graeme, u ok hun?
5. <3 to all those who have masked in the past
6. The bleeping telegraph?

Edit - obviously I actually cook my white sauce. I feel that is important to add :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
The constant insisting her family aren’t wealthy is disingenuous. I’ve said it before that I feel my family background is similar to hers, now I know wealthy is subjective but I wouldn’t say my family were wealthy either. To me wealthy is children in private schools, second homes, several foreign holidays a year, at least a couple of luxury cars, it’s an excess of money. However I’d say her family were, like mine, comfortable. No debts, no hunger, no one lacking anything they needed and some money left over for treats. Her family could certainly have afforded to fill her fridge and cupboards every couple of weeks without any financial hardship to them.
They could absolutely have done a shop for her, and made sure she and her son were fed. I reckon she means that they couldn't have afforded to cover *all* her expenses for her and allow her the life of leisure she so obviously craves (and, in many ways, actually has).

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think time is really running out for Jack. Her story is out of date. And mainly lies. She’s not relevant. No one will want to work with her. People are more & more beginning to see through her.
If she had any sense at this point, she’d delete her social media and creep away quietly.
Yet she keeps getting work and media coverage! The SEB podcast is one thing, but the Torygraph should have journalists who are trained to think critically and do due diligence. I know, LOL, but I've been a defender of traditional media in the past (because the alternative is so much worse) and yet the credulousness on display is so disheartening. JM is such a fraud and keeps getting these opportunities - I love this thread and the hilarious Fraus and Herrs in it but reading about it all is starting to bring me down.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
The constant insisting her family aren’t wealthy is disingenuous. I’ve said it before that I feel my family background is similar to hers, now I know wealthy is subjective but I wouldn’t say my family were wealthy either. To me wealthy is children in private schools, second homes, several foreign holidays a year, at least a couple of luxury cars, it’s an excess of money. However I’d say her family were, like mine, comfortable. No debts, no hunger, no one lacking anything they needed and some money left over for treats. Her family could certainly have afforded to fill her fridge and cupboards every couple of weeks without any financial hardship to them.

I disagree.

When you've grown up actually in poverty, where you had to drop out of the invitation to take an entrance exam for a private school because it was known that you wouldn't be able to afford the uniform, never mind any of the activities, despite the full bursary that you would have received (and seen somebody less able in your class get it despite their being 'rich' enough to own a house, have two cars and go on holiday every year), where you were persistently underweight, where you scratched your itchy ear during Physics to find there was a bleeping flea in there, where you looked forward to snow because it meant that the ice on the inside of the window blocked some of the draughts, where you can still remember every coat you ever owned and the feeling when you squelched home in shoes full of blood to be told off for ruining them/growing out of them, where your glasses broke and you spent the next 22 months without any because the NHS wouldn't pay for a second pair inside two years - and when the comments from other kids about you living in a bin were more accurate than they realised. Oh, and that you were constantly told that staying in school was not for the likes of you by your own family - duck me, was she minted.

To me, wealthy is having a coat, shoes that don't hurt you, a hat, gloves and scarf and a pair of glasses vaguely resembling your prescription. Oh, and being able to afford a single NHS prescription, rather than trying to work out which of the five things the GP says you need is the most important because you can't afford a prepayment certificate.

You might not say your family was wealthy - but I would. Because, to me, you were.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 95
D
That's included in the interview. Jack says that she had her parents, two friends and Johnny's father doing the pickups but they forgot!
How she got to work is beyond me, Essex Fire & Rescue Service isn't easy to get to, it's just off the A12 in Witham.
Didn't she say it was in Shenfield the other day?

ETA: Google tells me she's also said it was in Brentwood.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
They could absolutely have done a shop for her, and made sure she and her son were fed. I reckon she means that they couldn't have afforded to cover *all* her expenses for her and allow her the life of leisure she so obviously craves (and, in many ways, actually has).
They did, didn't she say this on SEB podcast? She told them she went to a foodbank because someone saw her there who knew her family and mum and dad turned up with a bag full of shopping.
Her use of the term 'destitution' to describe her experiences is so offensive.

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.