Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I lasted nearly 14 minutes of the podcast, same old lies.
Jack seemed to be astonished to find that her job was 30 miles away from her home once she'd had a baby.
Admits that said job had family friendly policies and that other women there had children.
Says she had a military style rota for her son, including a supportive family, friends and his father to help.
Says they forgot to pick baby up from nursery.
Got signed off for weeks and had a breakdown and resigned.
Insistent that her family are not wealthy..

and I gave up.
Sorry am I reading that right, people forgot to pick the baby up from nursery...... 😳😳

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
So she’s moving away from the ‘single mum was made redundant’ line then? That’s what I always believed to be true based on her SM presence before I joined the ‘trolls’ - she makes me feel crazy and question what I have actually read with my own eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Sorry am I reading that right, people forgot to pick the baby up from nursery...... 😳😳
Yes, she said that she got calls from the nursery saying that no one collected him, that she was 30 miles away...
Pst - none of the above happened 🤥

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Definitely subjective, because being 'comfortable' is something people with money always say 😂 & something the poor simply want to be.
Yes, but my point is the term wealthy conjures up a certain image, and a it’s not a bog standard middle class family with two working parents, children in state schools, camping holidays and a generic family car. That’s why she’s being disingenuous, she can’t deny her family were comfortable and could have helped her, but she uses the word wealthy as a deflection because she can deny they were wealthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
It is really hard with two working parents and nursery pick ups, especially if you both have jobs that you can’t just walk out of. Nursery fine you if you are late (and it’s not fair on the staff). I’m sure she did get a call about being late to pick up SB. New parents often struggle, but bonkers that she didn’t ask her family for support. My mum and mother in law both worked still when my kids were small but would have helped in an emergency. We also didn’t choose to live 30 miles away from work.

Reactions: 31
I was thinking I might take one for the cabal and try her pancake recipe today (dates aren’t the boss of me) and I stumbled across this. How the hell does stirring 3 liquid things together in a jug have any similarity at all to making a white sauce? I know we know that she can’t make white sauce, but I can barely think of anything you could make that is further from it. May as well have said ‘combine them in a jug in the same way you’d cook pasta’ View attachment 440978

But how can this be similar to making a white sauce when no horse appears to have ejaculated ?

"I'm no monarchist but I wouldn't be without them".

It's one or the other, hun!

She is such a monarchist 🤣 Just because you preface something with "I'm not a" doesn't make it true. Between the jumper, her bday shoutouts, family history of armed forces involvement, and daddy's MBE...
Schrodinger's monarchist

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Yes, but my point is the term wealthy conjures up a certain image, and a it’s not a bog standard middle class family with two working parents, children in state schools, camping holidays and a generic family car. That’s why she’s being disingenuous, she can’t deny her family were comfortable and could have helped her, but she uses the word wealthy as a deflection because she can deny they were wealthy.
I do get your point. But that family set up can seem wealthy to those on the opposite end. I remember my sisters friends when we were teens, middle class, 3 story house in west london,both parents working full time, standard car and holidays.. i always viewed them as being rich. I still think of them that way, tbh lol. They would argue they are comfortable. I think its down to class; middle class and up means money (to me). Excess or 'comfortable'. Again - it is definitely subjective.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
It is really hard with two working parents and nursery pick ups, especially if you both have jobs that you can’t just walk out of. Nursery fine you if you are late (and it’s not fair on the staff). I’m sure she did get a call about being late to pick up SB. New parents often struggle, but bonkers that she didn’t ask her family for support. My mum and mother in law both worked still when my kids were small but would have helped in an emergency. We also didn’t choose to live 30 miles away from work.
That's included in the interview. Jack says that she had her parents, two friends and Johnny's father doing the pickups but they forgot!
How she got to work is beyond me, Essex Fire & Rescue Service isn't easy to get to, it's just off the A12 in Witham.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
That's included in the interview. Jack says that she had her parents, two friends and Johnny's father doing the pickups but they forgot!
How she got to work is beyond me, Essex Fire & Rescue Service isn't easy to get to, it's just off the A12 in Witham.
surely a lift from daddy - every day was bring your daughter to work day!

• Haha
Reactions: 62
I think BBCs Morning Live could be trolling us (or our Jackie?) this morning- an item about adults being diagnosed with ADHD, followed by an item on food tins being eaten way past their best before date. WHY didn’t they ask her to contribute (howl, claw)?!?!?!

Jokes aside, the item about ADHD is really interesting. Personally I think she does live with it, but uses it as an excuse for the constant chaoses.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
[[/QUOTE]
I fully believe that Tattle account that said she's got friends or backers very high up across the media who support her.

The further away in time her poverty story gets, the more ridiculous it becomes that she's still the go-to face.

So much has happened in 9 years... universal credit, Brexit, cost of living further skyrocketing, 2 different governments...
I think it’s more like when you get a new line manager and after a couple of days you know they have no idea of what they’re doing. But, they keep on getting promoted and you don’t know why.Then you realise it’s cos no one wants to work with them and tells everyone up the ladder that they are brilliant at the job just to get rid of them . No one addresses the problem cos of the shitstorm that would follow.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I need to catch up, sure it's being discussed, but this whole "I ended up.in A&E, I didn't quit for a cushy dole life" load of bollocks...

Is it in direct response to some of the info here? Was it EssexGirl that let us know that jack threatened to walk out hoping Fire Service would change to what Jack wanted and they didn't change, just accepted jacks resignation?

I smell a huge a pile of bullshit and I ain't no farmer...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
I do get your point. But that family set up can seem wealthy to those on the opposite end. I remember my sisters friends when we were teens, middle class, 3 story house in west london,both parents working full time, standard car and holidays.. i always viewed them as being rich. I still think of them that way, tbh lol. They would argue they are comfortable. I think its down to class; middle class and up means money (to me). Excess or 'comfortable'. Again - it is definitely subjective.
I understand what you’re saying, I knew people growing up who were probably only a rung or two up the class ladder from me but because they had villa holidays in Spain rather than camping holidays in France so I saw them as being wealthy (I’m from Kent, the ferry to France was cheaper and easier than the drive Cornwall or Wales, in fact at one point we used to do our weekly shop in France because during the winter months the ferry fee for locals was almost nothing and in those days the pound was strong against the franc so it worked out cheaper than Tesco’s). However now if I read a family described as wealthy in an article I’d picture something like the Middletons, and I feel that’s what Jack means when she says her family weren’t wealthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I get the idea of wanting to show JM talked bollocks, but let's not fall into the 'you look(ed) great, so you can't be struggling financially/physically' trap. Not because of JM, but because so many put in loads of effort and energy in public not wanting to show their pain/problems.
Yup. Was coming here to say this. Recent crisis had me asking for serious help and I was actually told that my presentation is too good to get me the help I desperately need. I tried to explain that I'm desperately trying to keep it together and was told it doesn't work in my favour but 'well done'.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Recent crisis had me asking for serious help and I was actually told that my presentation is too good to get me the help I desperately need.
I hope you got that help and are on the up and up now.
I think some people use their outward appearance as a form of armour against the world. You can be falling apart inside and just want to curl into a ball and cry, but there's a pressure to put on a front and smile and carry on.
It's hard. Someone using make up to mask emotional trauma is nothing unusual sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.