Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That card costs £3 a month and 50p every time you put money on it - looked into it for potential pocket money for kids. It’s a prepay card that’s accepted as visa so it might help you manage money but it still costs money to use.
It's also not available to anyone over the age of 18, as confirmed by GoHenry themselves when I asked.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
But they're not really home made are they? Melting soap in water is a very old thing to do, if you grate it and melt it with less water you make soap jelly that you use to get collars and cuffs clean on washday, or that's what my book of household tips from the 1930s tells me to do.

Coming up, jack revives the mangle
You can also make candles from soap. duck sake I'm giving her ideas.🤐

• Haha
Reactions: 36
One for the 'Timeline' Fraus.

This will help @colouredlines, but the more I read the more I am getting convinced that none of it happened.
If Jack had genuinely lived through any of these experiences there would be witnesses or friends along the way that she would have roped in. The only people who seem to really know are apparently her notoriously fame and money hungry family (apart from Johny's father). Her tapestry of lies is slowly unraveling...

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Why would you buy coriander if you don’t like it? Or has she had more gifted boxes?

Reactions: 34
This is what I will never understand. Homemade cosmetics are usually much more expensive than own brand stuff. Sure, if that's your hobby or your like certain things, go for it. But it is NOT a budget hack at all. Basic soap, shampoo and bubble bath are cheap as chips and many are now vegan (used to be a pain to find cheap vegan stuff easily, because of lack of labelling. So much easier now).

I actually hate this whole frugal movement. Sure, there are people who blow cash on caviar and champagne every day of the week, and if these people want a frugal hack, I encourage them to switch to hummus and Aldi's own prosecco for a few weeks. Her target audience already doesn't have cash to flash. If you are already living normally, buying only things you need and eating a normal, varied diet and you STILL haven't got enough, that's not your fault and you shouldn't be the one saving fish oil in milk bottles.

I dislike her £20 shop so much because I know that as a family of four we were living very frugally a few years ago (not for poverty reasons, but to save) and still spent around £65-70 per week. That included everything (toilet roll, soap, salt and pepper, herbs, and all the other things she leaves off her shop). There's no way we could have done it for less AND eaten a healthy, varied diet that adequately covered both calories and nutrients.
My other problem with stuff like homemade bath salts or whatever Jack is talking about is that it completely avoids the most costly thing for people experiencing poverty - time. Jack has all the time in the world because they do duck all every day, but when you're working two jobs and have children to look after, you are not spending time making homemade hummus or bath bombs or whatever because your time is precious and buying them is so much cheaper when you take convenience and time into consideration.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
This will help @colouredlines, but the more I read the more I am getting convinced that none of it happened.
If Jack had genuinely lived through any of these experiences there would be witnesses or friends along the way that she would have roped in. The only people who seem to really know are apparently her notoriously fame and money hungry family (apart from Johny's father). Her tapestry of lies is slowly unraveling...
I've actually read it before. 🙈 I wish Jack Truthing paid the bills...

Anyway, here's a thread from 2013, discussing her as it happened. It's very long (I haven't finished yet), convoluted and extremely dull in parts, but there were people asking questions even then:

Screenshot_20210215-131822_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210215-131950_Chrome.jpg

Haven't squiggled as it's an anonymous forum 8 years ago.

BTW I don't know this forum at all but Google tells me it's a long-running British board with a leftist bend so I'm not accidentally linking to Stormfront (always a fear) https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/a-girl-called-jack-time-for-action.314399/page-26

ETA: a lot of posters at that time were criticising her for being a Labour shill. She may well have been gunning for a political career, but I reckon the Ivan Cameron comment killed that forever.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
She locked a motherless disabled creature in a cold bathroom 🙁 disabled animals need a custom environment and round the clock care. She let that beast of a Maine coon hit the kitten and play rough.
I've watched videos of people who rescue kittens - a kitten of the poor mite Jack had would have required regular feeds around the clock with special equipment and help with their toileting and most of all, kept warm, not locked in a bathroom on their own :mad:

And yes, she allowed her other cat to be territorial and aggressive under the guise of being cute and brotherly. She had no bleeping clue.

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 17.45.04.png

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 17.47.56.png

Utterly selfish, irresponsible and cruel of Jack who had no bleeping idea of the care any vulnerable kitten taken too young from its mother would have needed, let alone one with deformities

But when did that ever stop Jack with her thirst pics?

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 17.49.01.png

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
I've actually read it before. 🙈 I wish Jack Truthing paid the bills...

Anyway, here's a thread from 2013, discussing her as it happened. It's very long (I haven't finished yet), convoluted and extremely dull in parts, but there were people asking questions even then:

View attachment 438224View attachment 438225

Haven't squiggled as it's an anonymous forum 8 years ago.

BTW I don't know this forum at all but Google tells me it's a long-running British board with a leftist bend so I'm not accidentally linking to Stormfront (always a fear) https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/a-girl-called-jack-time-for-action.314399/page-26

ETA: a lot of posters at that time were criticising her for being a Labour shill. She may well have been gunning for a political career, but I reckon the Ivan Cameron comment killed that forever.
How depressing that 8 years later she is still getting away with it all 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 47
Most of it looks like washing up water with bits. I would have thought last week was soup week
I've watched videos of people who rescue kittens - a kitten of the poor mite Jack had would have required regular feeds around the clock with special equipment and help with their toileting and most of all, kept warm, not locked in a bathroom on their own :mad:

And yes, she allowed her other cat to be territorial and aggressive under the guise of being cute and brotherly. She had no bleeping clue.

View attachment 438231

View attachment 438232

Utterly selfish, irresponsible and cruel of Jack who had no bleeping idea of the care any vulnerable kitten taken too young from its mother would have needed, let alone one with deformities

But when did that ever stop Jack with her thirst pics?

View attachment 438236
She really looks unhealthy herself in these pics.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
She really looks unhealthy herself in these pics.
she'll love that! She posted loads of weird selfies during this period trying to make herself look as unhealthy and unhinged as possible. I think she was going for a double whammy of trying to guilt trip and worry both Tattle users and Louisa

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Recap.

She can't stand grapefruit squash and can't have it anyway.
B0944684-50C3-4A0C-B9C6-96C967141BD3.jpeg

Drinking squash during a Zoom call. November 2020.
Screenshot_20210215-175548_Opera.jpg

An excellent amount of squash.
Screenshot_20210215-175619_Opera.jpg

An excellent amount of grapefruit squash.
07BC78CA-C0CC-4DC3-8437-E0F801643F00.jpeg

Via @Silver Linings and @Boyo

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
90% vegan
Best be careful with that. It's not got coal tar in it anymore as it's been banned for all but actual medicinal products so doesn't have the same effect as real coal tar on the skin, but it's got Tea Tree oil in it. The fumes from melting it can be hazardous to cats (and bunnies).

Tl;dr It's just normal soap. It's not moisturising, it doesn't have any magical (or chemical properties) to enhance the skin. She's just claiming to be washing in concentrated (compared to a bar and water) bog standard, palm oil and sheep/cow fat soap.

Owned (through some extensive and convoluted brand purchasing) by Unilever.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.