Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her nearest and dearest have probably tried to give her help and support over the years.
Ultimately Jack's health is Jack's OWN responsibility.
I imagine the way Jack CHOOSES to behave is why so many relationships have failed.
What I don't understand is why Louisa chose to return to the crappy bungalow as a BB
when their relationship had broken down.
Surely they’d intervene for the sake of their job (agent and Caroline) and for the sake of the kitten though (all of them). I just can’t imagine standing by while my friend or someone in my family hurt a defenceless animal like that.

Reactions: 26
So she's melting soap in water to make bubble bath? I hate slimy soap

Why doesn't she do what I did when I was growing up and that's run a bath and then wash myself with a bar of soap
I bet she could get 800 words out of that and add it to the blog some time in 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
From her Wikipedia entry: " In 2015, Monroe won the Women of the Future Award in the media category. Monroe was "surprised", saying "I'm not sure I'll even be a woman in the future".

Gracious as duck ever.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
Oooo, is it "The Good Life Jack" on Instagram? :D

Cripes, the soups look grim. I would genuinely say something positive about her food if it didn’t always look unappetising and weirdly dirrrrrrty. I make soup A LOT and even a broth type, unblitzed one looks fresh and vibrant. She doesn’t really help herself describing the components as dregs, straggly, squishy, cooked to oblivion, ancient (come on!), yellow sticker radiator dried (that’s a snort and a hoot from me). I don’t want to eat that shizzle!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
That grapefruit squash - a while ago she said she was swigging pints of it, and WE said she shouldn’t if she was on SRIs!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Oooo, is it "The Good Life Jack" on Instagram? :D

Cripes, the soups look grim. I would genuinely say something positive about her food if it didn’t always look unappetising and weirdly dirrrrrrty. I make soup A LOT and even a broth type, unblitzed one looks fresh and vibrant. She doesn’t really help herself describing the components as dregs, straggly, squishy, cooked to oblivion, ancient (come on!), yellow sticker radiator dried (that’s a snort and a hoot from me). I don’t want to eat that shizzle!
Good Life Jack, like it😊

• Haha
Reactions: 21
B0944684-50C3-4A0C-B9C6-96C967141BD3.jpeg

Why include the bit underlined? Apropos of nothing. Just there to help her centre herself again. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 51
On a slightly different note, has anyone cooked any of MB’s recipes? I’ve heard good things about him, and, while we are standard omnivorous flexitarians here 😉, I’d like to cook a couple of vegan meals a week, but don’t really know where to start!
I have the fast and fresh book and have cooked quite a lot. £1 is a little bit of a cheat as some of the dishes need more veg or carbs to make a meal, it's easy ,generally used the same ingredients across different recipes so no leftovers and crucially good portion sizes and not all herbs and spices the same.
Kids love the peri peri burger

Reactions: 27
I remember saying at the time that the kitten was dying in front of our eyes. I hated saying it but I felt it needed pointing out for Jack who we know reads here. We implored her to go to the vet and she delayed for days. Those pics are heartbreaking, one in particular is just 😭 a child would recognise what is happening. What happened with the kitten proved that Jack is evil for me. She lived with a weakened disabled animal and saw more sadness than we did. She edited the pics and put them online seeing what we saw. Despite this, she persisted in forcing the kitten to pose and walk. She locked a motherless disabled creature in a cold bathroom 🙁 disabled animals need a custom environment and round the clock care. She let that beast of a Maine coon hit the kitten and play rough. He may even have killed the kitten and the rabbit of which there are no recent photos. And if all that isn't twisted enough, there is the monetized death video. Jack knew what she was doing, she chose to do all of this. I don't think she was ill either but she was editing photos to make herself look ill. I think she is selfish and self absorbed to the point of cruelty and that makes her dangerous.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
Found her earlier instagram and aside from looking a bit more active and happy then (going out a lot, going to demos, spending time with her son etc) her food seemed to look a lot more edible. Anyone else think she's deliberately trying to troll the cabal with her disgusting new slop?

Reactions: 19
i know this is a, to borrow a bit of Jack parlance, *granular* issue in the grand scheme of things but you are not supposed to boil miso! It ruins the flavour and nutritional benefits. Whisk it in at the end when it's off the heat, or make a tare in your serving bowl. Whew it feels good to get that out. Also what's the bleeping point in boiling fresh coriander 😫

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
It's wild... a bottle of bubble bath is 50p at Aldi 😂
This is what I will never understand. Homemade cosmetics are usually much more expensive than own brand stuff. Sure, if that's your hobby or your like certain things, go for it. But it is NOT a budget hack at all. Basic soap, shampoo and bubble bath are cheap as chips and many are now vegan (used to be a pain to find cheap vegan stuff easily, because of lack of labelling. So much easier now).

I actually hate this whole frugal movement. Sure, there are people who blow cash on caviar and champagne every day of the week, and if these people want a frugal hack, I encourage them to switch to hummus and Aldi's own prosecco for a few weeks. Her target audience already doesn't have cash to flash. If you are already living normally, buying only things you need and eating a normal, varied diet and you STILL haven't got enough, that's not your fault and you shouldn't be the one saving fish oil in milk bottles.

I dislike her £20 shop so much because I know that as a family of four we were living very frugally a few years ago (not for poverty reasons, but to save) and still spent around £65-70 per week. That included everything (toilet roll, soap, salt and pepper, herbs, and all the other things she leaves off her shop). There's no way we could have done it for less AND eaten a healthy, varied diet that adequately covered both calories and nutrients.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
i know this is a, to borrow a bit of Jack parlance, *granular* issue in the grand scheme of things but you are not supposed to boil miso! It ruins the flavour and nutritional benefits. Whisk it in at the end when it's off the heat, or make a tare in your serving bowl. Whew it feels good to get that out. Also what's the bleeping point in boiling fresh coriander 😫
Especially if you are genetically disposed to loathe coriander. Like Jack is. Sometimes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.