Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I note lots of people have commented on how ill she looked during the kitten episode. No matter how ill she may have been/was it will never excuse her treatment of that poor kitten.

edit: typo

Reactions: 47
Me when she goes out of her way to tell people to leave her alone after sticking her oar in to something that would have eventually blown over:

salem without sympathy.jpg

I'm not going to say it's completely impossible but I would say there is a very low chance that you can snap a bank card by sitting on it. You'd have to already have it bent in a compromising position in your back pocket which I think even Jack's prehensile Mediterranean arse would have trouble doing. If you had left it out on a soft surface e.g. a sofa and sat on it I don't think you'd be able to generate the necessary forces to break it unless your arse cheeks were pyramidal (and steel or diamond-tipped) in nature.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I can’t believe I’m annoyed about last November’s shenanigans now, BUT, even if that vase were a carafe - who the hell thinks it’s normal to swig out of a carafe?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
That urban75 thread is a bit of a goldmine for forgotten Jackisms.

Here's a delightful quote from this Guardian article:

'You don't know whether the young woman walking down the street with a black baby and a lanky blond nine-year-old on her arm is a foster carer or a "slut". I was that young woman taking the kids to the shops to give my parents, who were foster carers, five minutes' peace. I was always met with whispers and stares, because people judge and people assume. One woman told me that I "should have kept my legs shut". I told her that I was a virgin, and, funnily enough, she didn't have a comeback.'
What the duck? The clear implication here is that if you're not looking after your "black baby" (WHAT THE duck??) and blond 9 year old for someone else - if they are, indeed, both yours - then you are in fact a "slut"??

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
The grapefruit lie is on par with the toaster lie. So unnecessary, I do think she can't help herself lying about every tiny thing.
Also the tar soap, generally it is used for skin conditions like psoriasis, I wonder if Jack is going for a subtle 'ickle smol pixie has a skin condition' implication.
Jack if you really are cleaning out the bunny, let's see a photo of him with today's newspaper beside him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I note lots of people have commented on how ill she looked during the kitten episode. No matter how ill she may have been/was it will never excuse her treatment of that poor kitten.

Oh absolutely not. No excuse for what she did. But I do believe she was genuinely ill during that period. The CK shots, the kitten stuff, she was just really off key and her eyes looked even more empty. Thats not to say im suckered in and felt bad for her. Shes shown what a bleep she is too many times.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

I just commented on that, and you're right, it doesn't excuse it at all. It's just concerning that she looks ill, her eyes are tired and glazed over, she isn't right, yet none of her friends, family or fans help her. Instead they enable her. It's incredibly frustrating and disgusting the poor kitten became a victim.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Her face is completely smooth here. She has just edited herself to look that way for sympathy. I don't believe she was ever ill at that time. There was a raft of heavily edited selfies though 🤔 Sorry for being cynical but I do not trust a word she says. She has a track record for lying and making herself a perpetual victim. It's disgusting that she has gotten away with it for so long. It would have been fairer for a genuinely poor person with no safety net to have been noticed by the media and given work opportunities and a platform. Mercy Baguma had none of these things and died alone. Jack's disgusting cosplay makes a mockery of what people experience on a daily basis. Also she never acknowledged what happened to Mercy even after we posted about it on here.
Does she think she grew up in Regency high society? I grew up as a borderline urchin, me and all of my friends were out from morning to till night in the 80s. In central London. From very young. Bigger kids would keep an eye on little ones, random neighbours, siblings, mates’ siblings, mates’ cousins, and we were always pooling money to buy crap from the sweet shop and little ones would tag along. Never have I ever: been called a slut by a passer-by. Literally what the duck. No. She grew up in a much quieter area, the randoms would have known they were foster kids. She talks absolute tit. She looks quite young as it is. Would these abusive randoms have really thought an 11 year old was a parent?

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I can’t believe I’m annoyed about last November’s shenanigans now, BUT, even if that vase were a carafe - who the hell thinks it’s normal to swig out of a carafe?

Been a while and thought it would lighten the mood a little.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
About the house sale, 18th August 2012 : Archive to her blog post here

It did actually happen, as the local paper was there to photograph it, and the photo shows people milling about her flat. Usually I think open house sales would be far too awkward for people to want to attend, but she had the benefit of promoting it on her blog and in the paper.
I just think she's lying about her takings. £3000 is not possible.
Jack was a regular contributor to the Southend Echo and local rags are notorious for sad face tit articles.
No one was having 'yard sales' then.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
What the duck? The clear implication here is that if you're not looking after your "black baby" (WHAT THE duck??) and blond 9 year old for someone else - if they are, indeed, both yours - then you are in fact a "slut"??
A lot of her early rhetoric was this idea of "I'm not like the other poors!" It's really gross, and it's a big reason she became the acceptable face of poverty. Take her famous Littlejohn rebuttal. Yes, Littlejohn is a vile turd, but the entire article is this Oliver Twist idea of "I'm special and middle class and not a typical single mum on benefits": https://www.theguardian.com/comment...littlejohn-wrong-about-jack-monroe-daily-mail

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I’m glad someone else said this, because I was just about to. duck her trying to say that a white girl/woman with a black baby was somehow deemed to be a slut in 1990s Southend! She really does like to pretend that she grew up in the 1950s where sadly there actually were attitudes like that.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
About the house sale, 18th August 2012 : Archive to her blog post here

It did actually happen, as the local paper was there to photograph it, and the photo shows people milling about her flat. Usually I think open house sales would be far too awkward for people to want to attend, but she had the benefit of promoting it on her blog and in the paper.
I just think she's lying about her takings. £3000 is not possible.
The way that article ends with

“Ms Jack Monroe, with a little help from the Essex Enquirer.”

Like she’s 6 years. I’m so embarrassed for her

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Whilst on a zoom call with a client!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.