Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jackie with an attitude
Cooper’s sulking in a mood
Don’t just stand there, nothing to it
I’ll strike a pose and pretend he took it
Vogue
Help, I keep seeing this ad and it could literally be Jack's mantra.

Good Morning Cabal,
LM has found their voice on IG under the sausage ‘slop’ curry pastitio thingy. Not read them all yet but wanted to share with you immediately!!!
*goes back to insta*
The jist of the replies is that Linda McCartney were overwhelmed by the negative response to their collaboration with Jack 🤣

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
@Marmalade Atkins Gland thingy added to the list.
Fixed that sentence for you, Jack.
PS, someone queried 15 hour shifts in the last thread but they are a thing in care homes, staff regularly do 'long days' that are 7am to 10pm.
Yes, in the care service I worked in previously, 7.30am - 10.30pm shifts followed by a sleep in were common. There was a clause in our contracts that we agreed section (can't remember numbers) of the Working Time Regulations did not apply to us.

Where, oh where, is the massive period zit"? People suffer with terrible acne and she points out a non existent, or hardly noticeable, zit.

As for the "snaggle tooth", my teeth are less straight than hers, and most people compliment me on my teeth. They were straightened when I was a child, but retained a bit of a quirky unevenness.

She reminds me of a 14 year old girl struggling with self confidence issues. She is a grown woman who should either do something about her tooth, or come to terms with the fact that people are not as perfect as the photoshopped images seen on the covers of magazines.
The period zit is in the same place as those bald patches 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
MarzBarzie’s Summary on LMc
sorry we took so long, we didn’t expect such a negative response. We used JM to reach a meat eating audience who advocate cheap dinners (except when it comes to tinned fruit). We’re listening (with our fingers in our ears) and know how to use copy and paste on our socials. Thanks though!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Wasn't her mum going to be looking after Jonny? I thought Essex Girl said that her mum was willing.

Mind you, I do remember a senior copper saying that the best way to cut officer absences would be to set up a crèche in the main cop shop 😁 as the biggest problem was childcare arrangements falling apart.
His dad moved in with her when he was born. After that he has had him at least 50% of the time. Her Mum also helped.
@essexgirl101 confirmed that Jack handed in her resignation in a fit of temper, expecting them to turn it down.
They didn't, probably glad to see the back of her. She caused problems, got union involved in stuff and I can only imagine was a pain in the backside to work with.
She had plenty of childcare, its just another lie in her life.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
MarzBarzie’s Summary on LMc
sorry we took so long, we didn’t expect such a negative response. We used JM to reach a meat eating audience who advocate cheap dinners (except when it comes to tinned fruit). We’re listening (with our fingers in our ears) and know how to use copy and paste on our socials. Thanks though!
It's a tit response really isn't it. Saying JM is the face of people who want cheap meals. No, she's the face of toothless people with no tastebuds.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
It's a tit response really isn't it. Saying JM is the face of people who want cheap meals. No, she's the face of toothless people with no tastebuds.
On a positive note, they have recognised the negative response and have, finally, responded. I imagine it’s damage limitation now and they’ve chosen to stand by their choice of collaborator. Maybe they’ve now done their research and fear litigation (? Would that even be on their radar ?) if they said ‘actually, it was a piss poor decision and we’re sorry’ - I dunno. I suppose they had a 50/50 decision to make - stick by JM or not. I read in one of the responses that they’re going to answer their DMs soon so it could be interesting to watch 27kViggles page.

• Wow
Reactions: 43
His dad moved in with her when he was born. After that he has had him at least 50% of the time. Her Mum also helped.
@essexgirl101 confirmed that Jack handed in her resignation in a fit of temper, expecting them to turn it down.
They didn't, probably glad to see the back of her. She caused problems, got union involved in stuff and I can only imagine was a pain in the backside to work with.
She had plenty of childcare, its just another lie in her life.
She’s already had union involvement so it surprises me she’s resigned without bringing a constructive dismissal and indirect sex discrimination claim. Would pretty much guarantee a nuisance payoff.

Reactions: 30
Wasn't her mum going to be looking after Jonny? I thought Essex Girl said that her mum was willing.

Mind you, I do remember a senior copper saying that the best way to cut officer absences would be to set up a crèche in the main cop shop 😁 as the biggest problem was childcare arrangements falling apart.
i am surprised that more entities with shift work, like hospitals, fire stations, police forces etc don’t organise a subsidised childcare place at work because there are all sorts of incentives to do it from the govt. I think the regulation of childcare and ofsted inspections puts most places off but it would help people a lot.

Reactions: 30
Now it's personal, Monroe!

I'm so offended. My friends and I have been trying to work out which "catalan classic" this is supposed to be, without much success. I think it's Jack's take on sarsuela, a seafood stew, but it shares almost no ingredients with the traditional dish. Crucially, sarsuela haa no beans, no chorizo (there is a weird tendency among British food writers to put chorizo in every vaguely Iberian inspired recipe...it's really not such a big thing here), and nobody makes a stew with tinned sardines!

For comparison. I won't insult your intelligence by telling you which one is a real sarsuela and which one is Jack's.

sarsuela.jpg

20210205_102510.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
I wonder if the old maps etc were the same loft as the cabinet thing she also mentioned finding in a loft.

I’m annoyed about her ripping up the floor. I hope she paid a deposit to the landlady.

Reactions: 29

I'm so offended. My friends and I have been trying to work out which "catalan classic" this is supposed to be, without much success. I think it's Jack's take on sarsuela, a seafood stew, but it shares almost no ingredients with the traditional dish. Crucially, sarsuela haa no beans, no chorizo (there is a weird tendency among British food writers to put chorizo in every vaguely Iberian inspired recipe...it's really not such a big thing here), and nobody makes a stew with tinned sardines!

For comparison. I won't insult your intelligence by telling you which one is a real sarsuela and which one is Jack's.

View attachment 420131

View attachment 420130
Omg they'd disentigrate into a spiny boned mess within about 5 seconds 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Looks like too little, too late with the Linda Mc mob. This should've been addressed earlier. Now it just looks like what it is, a lame attempt at placating the viggles. I can't see it changing anyone's mind

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Billy the blackbird was totally unrecognisable and could only be identified by his dental records
IMG_20210205_085453.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 74

View attachment 420131

View attachment 420130
Yet another mush, I can't dignify it with the word recipe. What bleeping beans, Jack, more rinsed baked beans?
And she says you can use tinned cockles, mussels or white fish instead of bleeping sardines. This is horrible vegetable soup with tinned fish plunked on top!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Those LM replies are so patronising. 'jack is the face of these people' these povvos who think vegan=elitist. Jack's fawning disciples who are not even encouraged to eat less meat, but cheaper meat. Not sunflower spread, but lard. Choosing a kilo of cheap chicken wings over one higher welfare chicken breast. FFS!

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Does SB say Muh-Mar (channelling his inner Bridgeton) or Mah-Mah (channelling his inner Italian). I must know.
As someone closely acquainted with Glasgow's pyramids, I love how Bridgerton auto🥕s to Bridgeton. That's a very different series, but I'd also watch the tit out of it on Netflix any day.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.