Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those LM replies are so patronising. 'jack is the face of these people' these povvos who think vegan=elitist. Jack's fawning disciples who are not even encouraged to eat less meat, but cheaper meat. Not sunflower spread, but lard. Choosing a kilo of cheap chicken wings over one higher welfare chicken breast. FFS!
What irritates me so much about her fawning disciples is that they’re so lazy. If they took the time to do their research, they could find endless amazing cheap recipes online that look and taste fantastic. They don’t need JM, it’s just a creepy, cultish attitude. That's what I can’t understand about the Patreon issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Her 'recipe' says to cook the ( already cooked) fish on a 'high heat' to crisp the skin, but also says to turn the fish and cook for an equal length of time (up to 6 minutes in total). The photo shows fish that has a distinctly uncrispy looking skin, and more like it's just been lifted out of the tin.
Slapdash Jack strikes again.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
I'm so disillusioned. A cook/food writer that I really enjoy (and whose cooking videos with her kids are brilliant - genuine and full of affection, as well as inventive, delicious non-slop) has left a glowing comment on the pic supposedly taken by SB.

How is she able to hoodwink so many with her absolute bullshit?

Also, hanging up all that tit on the walls? JM ain't moving out of the crappy (chalet) bungalow any time soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I wonder if the old maps etc were the same loft as the cabinet thing she also mentioned finding in a loft.

I’m annoyed about her ripping up the floor. I hope she paid a deposit to the landlady.
I’m starting to think the dusty loft is the new muddy puddle 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Linda McCartney's response that they wanted to reach JM's audience is a nonsense anyway. How has it really reached them? A few awful looking recipes with hardly any promotion? Her most active audience is Twitter and there's barely been anything promoted on there. I don't even think the last recipe was put on Twitter, the day she posted that on Insta, she was tweeting about bathing in table salt 🙄.

My guess is that privately, they know they fucked up choosing her, but are being diplomatic and trying to bring a close to the shitshow.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
My guess is that privately, they know they fucked up choosing her, but are being diplomatic and trying to bring a close to the shitshow.
I think so too, they're not going to just out and say it tho.
I'd be curious to see the contract, the terms and conditions and how much JM got for it? I doubt it was £50 and half tonne free Vegan Mincemeat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Linda McCartney's response that they wanted to reach JM's audience is a nonsense anyway. How has it really reached them? A few awful looking recipes with hardly any promotion? Her most active audience is Twitter and there's barely been anything promoted on there. I don't even think the last recipe was put on Twitter, the day she posted that on Insta, she was tweeting about bathing in table salt 🙄.

I think lots of people learned a lesson, just not what anyone hoped for!
Linda learned that they really should Google who they work with.
Viggles learned that Linda doesn't give a tit about what the customer thinks.
Viggles also were enlightened to Jack's fuckwittery.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It's what brought me here so in a way I shall be forever grateful to LM. Jack is still a bleeping nutbag though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
How would it reach her audience, when she barely mentioned it on her own SM? Also, her followers turned a blind eye to the way she treated that kitten, and say nothing about her feeding her son tit welfare meat as standard, so not sure that’s an audience they really want.

Sorry that’s Linda McCartney I mean

• Heart
Reactions: 49
And Jack learned nothing as usual, as she will never accept that she got something wrong.

Reactions: 34
I can't keep up anymore but good to see you all continuing the Lord's work.

Those mismatched handles! Talk about ouchy hand roulette every time you try to open a drawer. Will I be impaled by the hummingbird beak or scratched by the rose? Will they fall off as they've been moved around 20 times?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Just out of curiosity, how long will it be before us mere mortals get sight of her new opus?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This greater spotted tree creeper chose a bush outside the local private dentist as his final resting place, his family placed bags of jewels to help him on his way to the next life, he has been there since December so the jewels aren’t really helping.
Also if I was paying for private dental treatment I’d be a bit miffed that they are too posh to clear these from the bushes.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Anyone else ever find themselves zoning out at work, or trying to fall asleep at night, and start to think about the poor bloke with his frozen chip shop chips and whether he ever did find out what to do with them? 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Wasn't her mum going to be looking after Jonny? I thought Essex Girl said that her mum was willing.

Mind you, I do remember a senior copper saying that the best way to cut officer absences would be to set up a crèche in the main cop shop 😁 as the biggest problem was childcare arrangements falling apart.
Her mum (she’s from
Ireland don’t ya know) is battling Jack for who’s got more ailments- I don’t doubt her mums illnesses but Jack sure seems to love the competition.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Thank god it's Friday. Anyone else had a bit of a rollercoaster one this week? I've been up and down like a yo yo.

I can't wait to order a takeaway tonight (50% off code yasssss) and open up this thread 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.