Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Problem is, no one likes being ignored, more often than not it just makes people angrier.

That Linda McCartney has replied to harmless comments whilst studiously ignoring the valid criticisms on the same posts from the viggles, it's really not that surprising that they're getting more aggressive?

As a vegan, I'm currently sitting on my hands not to comment.....
No, and I haven’t commented either, partly because there are loads of brands around that I prefer now anyway, and if a huge multinational company has very poor social media/customer service skills that’s on them. But it’s obvious that she’s going to do a rant about internet bullies trying to stop her work and contacting her employers and get the tip jar out again.

Reactions: 34
20210201_135253.jpg

This one appears to be pregnant, either that or it has a nasty growth. So sad it keeled over on its perch.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 99
Christ, she's thick as tit, isn't she? Anybody under the influence of anything is more of a risk to everybody else - and then giving a homeless guy cash for a hostel? They're free - that's one of the standard 'Scuse me, have you got some money?' scams (Mr D used to deal with the hostels/service users), along with 'my kid is in the hospital' and 'I've locked myself out and I need train fare to get my spare key from my Mum'.
Surprisingly, hostels are not free, you need to be in receipt of benefits i.e. to be able to claim housing benefit. Some shelters, especially church run ones, will provide free overnight accommodation.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 413479View attachment 413480

Jack Monroe, queen of #ThatHappened. There is so much bullshit in this story I don't even know where to start...

I did love the detail of going to her bank with ID though. Just roll up your sleeves, you mean?
Pearl-clutching middle class person being terrified at the sight of someone not behaving in the genteel way which she's accustomed to.

Being brash and swearing are not reasons for social services to get involved in a family's life. Brashness and swearing doesn't mean she's trying to get her kids to frighten your ("your") dog. And it certainly doesn't mean that she's the culprit for your lost wallet.

Being a teenage mum doesn't make you less of a woman.

She wasn't laughing in your face either Jack, she probably made a mistake and was thinking that you would find it funny, too.

All of it is likely to be exaggerations, namely "see if he's friendly" is not something a malicious person would say about a dog. It sounds like she was innocently trying to get her kids to interact with him. Not that interacting with a stranger's dog is a good idea, but it's not the animal abuse-by-proxy that Jack implies. Also, it's interesting that Jack feels the need to justify why her phone was recording.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
No, and I haven’t commented either, partly because there are loads of brands around that I prefer now anyway, and if a huge multinational company has very poor social media/customer service skills that’s on them. But it’s obvious that she’s going to do a rant about internet bullies trying to stop her work and contacting her employers and get the tip jar out again.
Is it wrong to hope she does this? The vegans who are the most vocal about her on insta seem to be well-respected and have many followers, and if she tried to call them publicly bullies or trolls for their complaints I have a feeling it would more likely than not backfire on her.

Reactions: 38
Problem is, no one likes being ignored, more often than not it just makes people angrier.

That Linda McCartney has replied to harmless comments whilst studiously ignoring the valid criticisms on the same posts from the viggles, it's really not that surprising that they're getting more aggressive?

Yes this! Its plain rude and hypocrisy too. They've fucked up and won't own it. More power to the viggles I say!

*Disclaimer- I am not a viggle just a drama loving Pam observer.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Oh god, threatening to call social services on a young mum because she was too loud for your liking in a beer garden? Scummy, scummy behaviour.
Surprised she hasn’t been reported due to the stuff she says she’s been through and the fact the boy has been living with her during her numerous ‘life challenges’
Which makes this even more uncomfortable to read.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Surprised she hasn’t been reported due to the stuff she says she’s been through of the boy has been living with her during her numerous ‘life challenges’
Which makes this even more uncomfortable to read.
Oh I think she's more or less accused tattlers of calling the 'CPS' on her.
ETA I'm fairly sure she meant the 'child protection services' rather than the 'crown prosecution service' but who knows.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
My sister works for the NHS as part of the ambualnce service. She's a manager now but she has also driven ambualances and answered the 999 calls as a call handler. She never had to memorise folders but she did have to talk to people who were trying to deliver a baby or had just witnessed a fatal car crash, stuff like that. It feels like Jack has no actual stories to tell, just vague stories about strikes and fire investigation that are clearly passed on from her dad.
I wonder how long she worked there, given that she must have been on maternity leave while there?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
All of it is likely to be exaggerations, namely "see if he's friendly" is not something a malicious person would say about a dog. It sounds like she was innocently trying to get her kids to interact with him. Not that interacting with a stranger's dog is a good idea, but it's not the animal abuse-by-proxy that Jack implies. Also, it's interesting that Jack feels the need to justify why her phone was recording.
Funny how she’s pissed off by poor dog interaction etiquette from others but just this weekend she was petting and getting licked by a stranger’s dog without their permission during a pandemic 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Babe, same! Except not really 😂 My Dad was a postman for 45 years. I went to some Christmas parties at the local sorting office as a kid. I don't remember much about them other than sitting on Santa's knee. I vaguely knew some of my Dad's postie friends. I would never say I 'grew up in the postal service' though.

I did work experience at my Mum's Tesco branch too, did I grow up in retail?

Stop claiming other people's lives as your own you perfidious magpie 😖
You perfidious magpie must be the next thread title.
Now waiting for Jack to swoop and try to use perfidious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Funny how she’s pissed off by poor dog interaction etiquette from others but just this weekend she was petting and getting licked by a stranger’s dog without their permission during a pandemic 🤷🏼‍♀️
Altogether now.... That was THEN

• Haha
Reactions: 29

I found two instances of where LMc replied to criticisms of partnering with Jack on their twitter feed. They say they see Veganuary as an opportunity to introduce meat eaters to vegan food. (fair enough) and so are working with 'a meat reducer'. They say they will bear the feedback in mind but do not comment further on one persons complaint that she uses low welfare meat. I do not see any posts like this on the insta feed, where I thought there had been some initially.

Reactions: 24
Who made palm oil a thing? What do you mean?
That, apart from it tasting absolutely bleeping disgusting, there's now greenwashing sustainable Palm Oil instead of all of it contributing towards dead Orangutans and the option for Palm Oil free stuff. They made it a thing manufacturers and marketers need to be aware of just as vegetarians, long before them, started with free range eggs rather than battery cages.

Surprisingly, hostels are not free, you need to be in receipt of benefits i.e. to be able to claim housing benefit. Some shelters, especially church run ones, will provide free overnight accommodation.
Mr D used to do the placements and payments. All free, whether in receipt of benefits or not. Oh, and then be approached in the street on the way home by people who he had sorted the free places out for, asking him for shelter money and bus fare to 'go and meet my tenancy officer two train rides away' when they were 250 yards from the council offices where he'd given them the details two days ago.

Reactions: 19
Just read that whole mumsnet thread. It’s not the one I was thinking of as I’m pretty sure that involved an altercation with a man. Probably kicked his shins.

Firstly, mumsnet is an anonymous forum - why use your full bleeping name???

The whole thing is such unbearable Tory nonsense. Leave the woman alone - if you didn’t like it say something or leave. You are surely not allowed to covertly record people!? Where to even begin with mentioning how young she looked and how old her kids were/how many she had.This is the sort of tit she claims is thrown at her every time she gets on a train or pops into Waitrose. She’s just so judgmental and nasty. Yeah that woman and her kids definitely stole your wallet that you left on a table in a public place despite zero evidence and you didn’t even realise it was missing. duck SAKE. Although of course she was moving house. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
I found two instances of where LMc replied to criticisms of partnering with Jack on their twitter feed. They say they see Veganuary as an opportunity to introduce meat eaters to vegan food. (fair enough) and so are working with 'a meat reducer'. They say they will bear the feedback in mind but do not comment further on one persons complaint that she uses low welfare meat. I do not see any posts like this on the insta feed, where I thought there had been some initially.
Yes, I saw that on Twitter. As far as I'm aware they haven't acknowledged any comments on their Instagram.

Clearly just hoping people will get bored and it will go away.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.