Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is very revealing, as it goes, that the woman who is so protective of her identities - can't be bothered to list them all, you all know what they are but let's use poverty as an example - that she insists and demands that only those affected by poverty should be asked to speak about it (specifically, her) yet here she is, with Veganism, again claiming superior knowledge and assuming the space that we all know she would be demanding for herself if it was regarding something more important to her...

• Heart
Reactions: 38
On the subject of the forever home. Hasn’t she said fairly recently that she will need to buy outright with no mortgage ‘cos she has piss poor credit rating?
So she must be looking at saving about £300k-£400k this year. I’ve personally got no problem with that - but she can’t keep bleating about only taking a minimum/living wage and begging for Patreon payments and donations from people with much lower incomes.

• Wow
Reactions: 50
Forever Home bah humbug, she’s laying down a narrative about scrimping and saving, howling and wailing but she has probably got the cash saved up to drop to buy a house outright, let’s see what the move to the next “rental” is like. I believe she will actually have purchased a house quietly, softly, gently before we even know she’s looking.
Brexit tin thief and part time hamburglar Louisa probably got guilted into paying all of the RENT on the crappy bungalow. Monroe is close to buying a house that’s why she’s saving “this year”.

Edit- clarity

• Heart
Reactions: 46
She is in a bit of a conundrum with buying a house though... If she buys it outright then it proves to all she had been lying about being poor. If she gets a mortgage it proves she is lying about the credit rating and unopened post.

Would she continue the poor narrative and forego buying a house in order to keep grifting? I think so.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She is in a bit of a conundrum with buying a house though... If she buys it outright then it proves to all she had been lying about being poor. If she gets a mortgage it proves she is lying about the credit rating and unopened post.

Would she continue the poor narrative and forego buying a house in order to keep grifting? I think so.
She'll pretend to 'rent' a house she owns.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Jack "I'm unflinchingly, uncomfortably honest"

Jack two mins later - deletes a pile of tweets which may or may not have contained a pack of lies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
I used to have a friend a bit like Jackie:. We would all go for drinks after work, and she would say that she could only stay for one as she had a mortgage to pay.

Needless to say, we funded her drinking all night, despite us all having our own financial commitments.

She seemed to think it was a reasonable excuse for not paying her way.

Wee Jackie is the same I think.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I've not been able to find the receipt, but she stated not too long ago that she 'wouldn't be considered for a mortgage' until she was 32 or 34 (can't quite remember which). I think this was pre-tattle threads.

Reactions: 22
I started reading the accounts of charities, to see which ones I should support and was very disappointed with large charities like Oxfam because of how much the spend on their overheads vs how much goes to charitable works. It’s not great. From memory Wateraid is pretty good so o support them. Comic Relief apparently uses the interest generated on the cash they raise to at for overheads so the money raised goes to good causes but I haven’t checked that. No one begrudges charities paying decent salaries and covering their costs but some of them do take the piss.
I was pretty disappointed with oxfam for this:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/15/timeline-oxfam-sexual-exploitation-scandal-in-haiti

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just be honest, you partnered with these brands because you need to earn some money. No shame in that. Paid work is better than grifting.

Just duck off with the autism lie, your story about how you were diagnosed as a 12 year old with an educational psychiatrist (which doesn't exist, it is an educational psychologist) just turned up at your house and diagnosed you and it was then kept a secret from you is full of holes. Any parent who has been through the diagnostic procedure with their child will tell you that, as will anybody diagnosed in adulthood. Getting a diagnosis is a long and difficult journey and you just make it harder forthose of us who are autistic when you peddle stereotypes like autism being your superpower and the organised part of your brain is autistic.

Also why is every ailment you have severe? Severe ADHD, severe PTSD, severe depression?

• Heart
Reactions: 64
On the subject of the forever home. Hasn’t she said fairly recently that she will need to buy outright with no mortgage ‘cos she has piss poor credit rating?
So she must be looking at saving about £300k-£400k this year. I’ve personally got no problem with that - but she can’t keep bleating about only taking a minimum/living wage and begging for Patreon payments and donations from people with much lower incomes.
I’m no expert but can’t you improve your credit rating with paying credit cards early and having a phone contract? Had no idea about this sort of thing until I got a mortgage but I’m sure the bank mentioned this.

Reactions: 31
I think it’s worth pointing out that LindaMC hasn’t shared anything on Instagram for Day 28 of Veganuary 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.