Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Idk if itā€™s even worth deconstructing her sheer hypocrisy but this most recent train of #discourse is really distasteful, particularly during a recession with mass job losses / the uncertainty of furlough? Thereā€™s also SO much nuance to this stuff. Uno what they say about universal basic income and what would you do if you didnā€™t ā€œneedā€ to earn money, a good chunk of us wouldnā€™t be doing what we do now because a lot of jobs are entirely made up tit that no one actually *needs* (mine falls into this bracket so not preaching here). Like everyone in the private sector my jobā€™s end goal if you really boil it down (in a slow cooker overnight) is to make money for the firm and its shareholders by encouraging others to spend w your firm, obviously thatā€™s against most of our personal convictions, but what does she expect us to do? What happens to ppl that donā€™t have wealthy parents, are we trash for daring to ā€œsellā€ ourselves to build something for ourselves and our babies? A job is an exchange of their money for ur time, Iā€™m not ā€œsellingā€ myself. Adding value to their business doesnā€™t diminish me as a person? Itā€™s an incredibly moral judgment from someone that has coasted through life as a very mediocre person, there is nothing exceptional about her. I also find that language incredibly odd from someone who claims to have done sex work, as thatā€™s often a SWERF-y critique of it, I believe?? Also duck off you head you write for the bleeping express despite having rich parents!!

Sheā€™s clearly pinned her future fate to high earning partners and thatā€™s fine, Iā€™d have a lot more respect for her if she was honest about rebuilding / reshaping her expectations rather than acting like a political crusader levitating above us all in her superiority.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Didnā€™t she literally say she would work with the highest bidder over the FSM thing? So maybe she has realised that actually she is for sale šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Delurking to say who goes from renting straight to buying a forever home? My first purchase was a studio (and I acknowledge buying anything these days is difficult), then a two bed flat part ownership, finally TEN YEARS LATER a 3 bed semi in the burbs.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Iā€™m not sure I can identify my favourite lies. But I do love all the silly small lies, exaggerations, and contradictions that are so quickly spotted on here and help individual squiggles elsewhere wake-up slowly to her fibs and grifting - For example spending a fortune on vegan cheese, Cotswold sideboards, mysterious toaster, and all the various disappearing allergies.

The ones that make me itch with irritation are the fawning over blue-ticks on Twitter, pretending theyā€™re great friends, and all the fantasy ā€˜working behind the scenesā€™ with people such as Marcus Rashford this year. It actually makes me blush with embarrassment. I can remember her doing the same way back in 2014/15 with the Labour Party.

My absolute favourite from this year is all the pretence around BB, before I found you fuckers on Tattle I kept thinking this surely must be Louisa Compton again but why is she mentioning this BB if itā€™s supposed to be secret? Then realising theyā€™re obviously bending the Covid rules and thatā€™s why its is hush hush. Do they really think people canā€™t see it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Just chatting to my sister about the kitten incident and she doesn't actually believe me. Did any of you lovely fraus happen to take a screenshot of where she said she had been told to have the kitten put to sleep? Is it in any of these threads? I kinda feel like it's the evidence we need visible right now, especially as its been brought up on the Linda post a few times.
Thread 39 ish

• Sad
Reactions: 19
You know all this talk about how she's doing work on behalf of the poor (or asking companies/corporations to donate on her behalf) is reminding me a little of bob geldolf?
Remember his moment on live aid when he banged on the table and shouted just give us your bleeping money?
Or else we would be complicit in the starvation of children?
Nevermind that charities from what i can make out have huge overheads spend lots on promotion/publicity and personnel and really very little goes to the actual people that need it?
So all this vacuous virtue signalling about i'm doing it for charity mate (smashy and nicey anyone? ):D is if i'm being cynical a bit of a hollow gesture because really most of it goes into the pockets of the already rich?
(I read quite a lot on the tattle gossip thread r.e Bob geldolf staying in five star hotels in africa and getting very well paid for example)
Also i'm sure that especially for the larger charities the bosses and executives get paid rather handsomely?
Then there are the rumours of bribes and corruption and for a recent example oxfam and the sexual exploitation that went on in haiti?
So just because jack makes a big deal about her charitable work doesn't mean that she is selfless or not getting well paid hell it does not mean that its even altruistic?
All she is really saying is yet again look at me how virtuous i am?
That in itself rings alarm bells for me because if you really did it from the right intention you would not need to shout it from the rooftops right? (Why be so defensive?)
Virtue being its own reward and all that?
View attachment 407528
I started reading the accounts of charities, to see which ones I should support and was very disappointed with large charities like Oxfam because of how much the spend on their overheads vs how much goes to charitable works. Itā€™s not great. From memory Wateraid is pretty good so o support them. Comic Relief apparently uses the interest generated on the cash they raise to at for overheads so the money raised goes to good causes but I havenā€™t checked that. No one begrudges charities paying decent salaries and covering their costs but some of them do take the piss.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Idk if itā€™s even worth deconstructing her sheer hypocrisy but this most recent train of #discourse is really distasteful, particularly during a recession with mass job losses / the uncertainty of furlough? Thereā€™s also SO much nuance to this stuff. Uno what they say about universal basic income and what would you do if you didnā€™t ā€œneedā€ to earn money, a good chunk of us wouldnā€™t be doing what we do now because a lot of jobs are entirely made up tit that no one actually *needs* (mine falls into this bracket so not preaching here). Like everyone in the private sector my jobā€™s end goal if you really boil it down (in a slow cooker overnight) is to make money for the firm and its shareholders by encouraging others to spend w your firm, obviously thatā€™s against most of our personal convictions, but what does she expect us to do? What happens to ppl that donā€™t have wealthy parents, are we trash for daring to ā€œsellā€ ourselves to build something for ourselves and our babies? A job is an exchange of their money for ur time, Iā€™m not ā€œsellingā€ myself. Adding value to their business doesnā€™t diminish me as a person? Itā€™s an incredibly moral judgment from someone that has coasted through life as a very mediocre person, there is nothing exceptional about her. I also find that language incredibly odd from someone who claims to have done sex work, as thatā€™s often a SWERF-y critique of it, I believe?? Also duck off you head you write for the bleeping express despite having rich parents!!

Sheā€™s clearly pinned her future fate to high earning partners and thatā€™s fine, Iā€™d have a lot more respect for her if she was honest about rebuilding / reshaping her expectations rather than acting like a political crusader levitating above us all in her superiority.
Will she stop blathering on about her desperate need for a forever home if she finally manages to marry someone loaded?!

Did she go on about how poor she was when she was with Allegra?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I guess what I meant is, nobody would begrudge her getting money from brands if she was actually poor. She isn't and now she's suggesting everything she does she does for charities.

But then when a charity reaches out, she wouldn't give up recipes for free, she has to line her pockets first......
Sorry, I wasnā€™t criticising what you said. It just struck me that her whole narrative is to be a campaigner, the voice of the poor... but that doesnā€™t marry up with her actions at all. I feel like sheā€™s a campaigner in the same way that sheā€™s a vegan or non-binary - only when somebody is paying her to play the role. And when there are so many people living the lives that Jack pretends to have, why, oh WHY does she keep getting these gigs?? Seriously, what is going on??!

Hang on a minute.... when Jack came out as trans, did she join the masons??!!

Reactions: 20
I completely agree with the viggles, especially about the vegan tip.

If a non-vegan wants to give a Veganuary tip, it should be a practical cooking tip.

Coming from a non-vegan her tip to "forgive yourself" (or be kind to yourself or whatever it was) seems really offensive. It's like she's saying that committed vegans are being hard on themselves, and sort of implies that we're judgmental or self-punishing. Also, it implies that new vegans should loosen up on their commitment, and that dedication is, at best, useless, and at worst, detrimental. Basically there are a whole load of negative connotations against veganism in what she said. It's really not her place to be giving advice like that.

And her saying if you make a mistake, pick up where you left off would be sound if it came from a vegan, but from her it's just like, how would you even know?
It's not that hard to make mistakes past the first month too, as long as you read labels carefully! 'Forgive yourself' seems like something a non-vegan would say to a vegan who'd drunkenly ordered, and consumed a kebab on a night out (people I've known have done this, and I don't get it at all??? even when absolutely pissed I still know I'm vegan, and meat would make me really ill now anyway)

Reactions: 22
Thinking of all the jobs sheā€™s ā€œsold herselfā€ (her words, not mine) to and what an appalling job sheā€™s done of them. No one comes back to buy more of her apart from the Guardian who are thick as tit.

Any one of the girlies on this thread could have bought a bit more je ne sais quoi to those Hellmanā€™s lives, they were dryer than her tit butterless toast done in a grotty cooker. At least I sell myself with vigour šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The Ā£10k donation to Magic Breakfast for 20 THOUSAND children. As someone upthread said, thatā€™s 50p each. So............ youā€™ve donated............... one apple. Philanthropist Jack is my fave šŸ„“ (I love this emoji. It says so much with so little)

• Heart
Reactions: 49
No sign of the viggles on Del Monte Europe on IG but some DM followers on the collaboration announcement seem to be switched on from the beginning with further comments yesterday. Also queries this week as to when they are actually getting recipes šŸ˜.

20210128_203419.jpg

20210128_203515.jpg

20210128_203613.jpg

20210128_203724.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I started reading the accounts of charities, to see which ones I should support and was very disappointed with large charities like Oxfam because of how much the spend on their overheads vs how much goes to charitable works. Itā€™s not great. From memory Wateraid is pretty good so o support them. Comic Relief apparently uses the interest generated on the cash they raise to at for overheads so the money raised goes to good causes but I havenā€™t checked that. No one begrudges charities paying decent salaries and covering their costs but some of them do take the piss.
I definitely prefer smaller, local charities as the things they do are visible in the local community and thus can see exactly where the money's going, whereas with bigger charities there are so many people involved that you never really know!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
ā€˜Is there anything you can do with a pineapple?ā€™ I despair.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.