Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surprised she didn't add "draw Mom's garden", "name search myself on twitter" , and "post a copy of Veganish to a random blue tick" to her to do list.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
He will not be doing all of that in one day. The fronted adverbials thing she has nicked from the Internet. I reckon she deleted because, like the idiot she is, she’s just remembered that other kids’ parents can see her private Tweets.
It's been said before, but I would pay actual money to get added to the PTA WhatsApp group.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I think the talk today is that cringey lunchtime corporate thing she was bitching about previously as a tick box event.

Reactions: 23
Why does she even need to convert fractions into percentages? Isn't that what her son is supposed to be doing?
Yea but it did fit very nicely into her sad-fishing rant and the narc needs to be fed, so these minor details are best ignored..

Reactions: 28
Will she have to pay back the money if she doesn't give the book in/ the book is rubbish? I am here for this.

Reactions: 30
Why does she even need to convert fractions into percentages? Isn't that what her son is supposed to be doing?
My year six not very sb, is doing fractions to percentages he gets a power point thingy with examples ,some worksheets to do and the answers to check them. I na g and check he has submitted it. It takes longer to use the PDF editor and then upload it to Google drive. And experience has taught me there is always a David Attenbourgh programme pertinent to any natural world type work

Plus frankly we have daily maths and English tasks and an afternoon task relating to other topics currently Victorians and drugs and a piece of French work. The list sounds like all the afternoons put together. Not druggie Victorians, school thinks now is the time to educate my son on the evils of alcohol and caffeine so he can lecture me

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
With 'research the family tree', I'm pretty sure the teacher isn't expecting a detailed chart going back to the Norman Conquest or anything like that. To be honest, I'm surprised it's still a *thing*, given how complex some children's backgrounds are.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Ugh I have work deadlines to meet this week but how am I supposed to manage it when I have to get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, have a shower, put some clothes on , wake my daughter up, go all the way downstairs, have a conversation with my partner, make coffee, drink coffee, make breakfast, carry breakfast to the table...and that's only by 8am..... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: 82
The whole tax return thing gets right up my goat 🐐.

I work part time, but for the remainder of my time I run a small business... I have an accountant who charges £450 to get my accounts ready, and they submit my tax return for me.

The fee is a business expense, therefore tax deductible, so it's even more justifiable.

It just blows my mind that she can't get her tit together to do something very important if you're self employed, when she has the time to ask for floofle and doggo pics on Twitter.

God she's an hole

• Heart
Reactions: 57
These were posted/deleted after the cat photo. Read bottom to top.

View attachment 403286
Hi Jack! 🙋🏼‍♀️
Maybe if you’d actually bothered to write the book you’ve accepted the advance for, you wouldn’t have had to waste your time googling the year 6 curriculum and looking on the #homeschooling hashtag for ideas of how to furnish your lies and excuses.
Best wishes,
Someone Who Is Glad You Don’t Qualify For Financial Assistance.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
FFS, anyone can make a list of what they need to do each day and make it sound like they’re super busy. Supervise art project? You mean put down some newspapers on the kitchen table. Research family tree? For a y6 that’s hardly going to be a deep dive into ancestry.com, it’ll be texting your parents to ask what granny’s maiden name was.

I think I have quite a similar daily life to Jack’s 🔺. I have one child a couple of years older than SB, a partner who’s out of the house 5.30am to 6pm weekdays and I’m a full time student, so no stranger to deadlines. I would never, ever complain that my life was sooo hard, because it’s not. Most of my friends have young children of multiple ages and are are trying to homeschool them while working from home in jobs where you can’t pick and chose what hours you work. One older, reasonably self sufficient child, occasionally needing to be online for meeting (or in my case lectures) and a job or studies where you can set your own hours is not that hard. If she’s pissed away the time she was meant to be writing her book by arsing around on Twitter then it’s her own stupid fault she’s run ragged now.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
These were posted/deleted after the cat photo. Read bottom to top.

View attachment 403286
Hey jack just a thought, if maybe in the last 6 months you spent less time on twitter, Dino napping, face tuning selfies, cosplaying, breaking lockdown restrictions, nipping off to Edinburgh to do nothing in particular and actually did what you are paid for. You may not be in a total tailspin now?

Reactions: 37
We did 6 months of online school last year. My kids were 11 and 13 then, they had to fend for themselves because my husband and I were both doing our own jobs online all day. I think my younger daughter did not much some days, but we were genuinely at risk of losing our jobs if the students at my school didn't pay school fees, so we had to do all singing and dancing lessons all day. It is more important to do the work to feed your kids and pay the rent than research your family tree or spend 2 HOURS quality time???

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Gotta say, this is the first time I’ve ever seen a pic of Jack’s nails without a ridge of black grime underneath so there’s some progress...

View attachment 403258

The performative thing of tweeting that she’s getting up at 5am to write, as though this is some kind of daily, meditative routine is bleeping hilarious. If it was actually the case she’d be in her own editing stage by now, not crowdsourcing for tit content from squiggles who are even more clueless than she.

It’s an old tactic of mine - leaving everything until the last minute and then subsisting on a couple of hours sleep a night for a fortnight and burning myself out because I physically couldn’t fit the amount of work I needed to do into a working day. It’s odd and sad that, despite seeming to use ADHD as an excuse for almost everything, she doesn’t seem to get onto the fact that her condition being poorly managed is the problem here, and instead blames SB? I also add that ADHD aside she is a lazy cow and this is evident from the lack of care she applies to everything.

We’ve seen so many photos of SB sitting and reading quietly, he’s nearly in secondary school, she just can’t use him as an excuse for her ineptitude and yet she does, even though about 90% of the country have it worse at the moment (especially given her complex web of childcare bubbles).

Anyway, I can’t wait for how tit this book is going to be and I wish wish wish I was a fly on the wall for her publishers Zoom calls about her.
This 💯 per cent other people are just a means to an end including SB he is a big part of her narrative though as a much put upon single mother (huge matyrdom going on there).
He serves his purpose in giving her a purpose! Personally i think he did her a big favour in being born and creating some kind of heart and soul from the chaos but not the other way round.
She is too self involved and lost in a myriad of problems self created or not.
Most of all i think kids need attention not just to be considered a chore begrudingly dealt with until something more interesting comes along?
Sadly i've seen myself that narcissists rarely change because in a kind of horrible balance of energies to combat their own internal selfishness they attract the calm the empathy the goodness of others?
Its as if the universe is reaching out and speaking through others offering them a chance to as it were wake up and smell the coffee?
Sadly that offer is often rebuked because lets be honest in many ways they have it easy...the golden well behaved child tick
The much coveted media career tick
The nice house and material possessions tick
The steady stream of attractive available partners tick
The steady stream of consciousness electronic flow of information and ideas tick
Its like she is hermetically sealed off from others and i don't believe lockdown is hard for her brcause she has all she needs and more and more...
Full to the brim even? The only time she relates to others (if you can call it that?) from what i have seen is when she is finished gorging herself and needs to restock her larder/replenish supplies?
This could be in the form of ideas money jobs or some kind of sensual gratification be it sex food or home comforts?
Having said all this she is a stranger to love because love is unconditional and i'm afraid everything she does seems to have some kind of string attacted somewhere?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
You'd think with her ability to embellish, make stuff up, and make a list of three chores as long as War and Peace, she'd be able to meet the word count for her book in no time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.