Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Life so hard for her. SB is 10, isn’t he? Not a toddler.
Almost 11, so pretty sure if he's not doing his school work (which she ought to keep at least half an eye on), he's probably happiest chilling on his x-box, reading or whatever. Other than when she's faking being super mama, it comes across as she really resents having him 🙁

I know kids can be hard, goodness knows mine would scare the bloody devil himself when she goes off on one, but SB doesn't seem like he's an in your face sort of child. He seems like a decent lad, and I hope he's not too affected by her behaviour in the future

Reactions: 77
Place your bets on how long till magnanimous appears on her Sm
Are we still on ‘m’?

I’d have thought we would be on to ‘n’ by now?

nabalitic- used to describe us
negaholic- how she feels about pretty much everything
nescient- my absolute favourite, could be applied to anything.

Early morning dictionary.com search done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Viggles still giving it welly

Meanwhile over on Twitter, Jack has remembered that it is indeed still #veganuary and she's the best vegan EVER as she shows off her selection of plant-based 'cheese' and more importantly her vast fromage knowledge to her adoring unquestioning followers. Yes I know it's time to move on as new posts/recipes are added and there's probably little doubt that @lindamccartneyfoods are trying to forget their association but Jack Monroe has sullied this brand. Thankfully only two of the three sponsored recipes have appeared here and the performative lard lover can now afford butter and nothing more will be said. I'm certainly going to try out some of the great recommendations/other brands mentioned, thanks everyone 🌱

• Heart
Reactions: 35
1611646065989.png

This is from the Viz letters page - her Twitter feed is like a parody of the parody of Viz letters.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
So she's had months, and months and months to write a book that is now long overdue and that has had deadline extension after deadline extension and yet still, with another deadline fast approaching, she's unprofessional enough that she hasn't scrapped together anything like a full book so in her pathetic, childish mind she imagines that she can 'cram' a book together in the last few days by scouting for and stealing other peoples ideas and then as if magically, by waking up earlier than her normal midday (but still very much at a normal time) to apparently do some actual bleeping work she'll piece together a masterful tome that her paymasters should be grateful for - but not before she logs onto twitter to play the sympathy card.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Now that the fsm debacle is no longer newsworthy and she’s thrown #thunderclap into the long grass she’ll be sniffing around for something else to get angry about.

Anything that isn’t getting her deadline met.

Reactions: 49
These well meaning yet dopey patreons are the reason she can piss about pretending a baking sheet keeps the dish water hot and blitzing lavender in a blender can go in a milk bottle🙄🙄.

She’s financially comfortable because of them yet gives duck all back , I don’t understand how people can willingly give her free money.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Arrgggj she is so annoying ! I’m up early and I’m a married full time employed mum of 3 in fecking lockdown it’s called getting stuff done ya prick 😡

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
omg he is nearly 11! it really shouldn’t be that much of a challenge?! mine is a bit younger and my job is way less flexible but i’m just getting on with it like every one else in the UK, she’s acting like she’s the only one in this position 🤣 i mean yeah it’s not as easy as working when your child is at school but they’re old enough to be a bit more independent with playing and their school stuff and there’s only one of them.

oh and jack, i also co-parent so have a fab top tip for you (i know it’s a bit maverick though!) - use the time your son is at his dad’s to catch up on work to ensure that you’re on schedule for deadlines. groundbreaking stuff innit.

it’s infuriating but i do live for the constant ‘cat ate my homework’ vibes 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Getting up early to get stuff done, juggling home school and work, working late to get stuff done. It’s called life, unfortunately, Jack Monroe!

No-one’s having a lot of fun right now so what would really cheer us up is that drawing of Nigella’s garden. I must see it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
As some who is actually self employed and was working yesterday (hooray!) I didn't have any time to be on Twitter and Facebook. At all. Because I have a job to do. You should try it sometime Jack. Working.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
She really does resent having to look after her child doesn't she? Poor kid.
Jack, I know this will shock you, but there's a pandemic on at the moment and all parents are homeschooling. Stop using your child as an excuse as to why you are a horrible person.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Okay, a bit of a grunka from the last thread, but what’s the point of all these top tips? How are they useful to anyone actually struggling with poverty? Farting about with homemade bath salts and empty tin cans is Pinterest crafts not money saving tips. Maybe over the course of a year it might save a few quid, and reduce, reuse, recycle is never a bad message, but duck me if I was on the bones of my arse they’re the last things I’d care about.

Real big money saving stuff is things like looking for the best deals on insurance and utilities supplies, getting a grant for home insulation and buying second hand. None of that is cute or quirky or makes good photos or fills the pages of books though I suppose.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.