Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well she should be shaking in her many many ugly designer trainers, twitter is adding a button to enable people to report lies! Her account will explode.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Well she should be shaking in her many many ugly designer trainers, twitter is adding a button to enable people to report lies! He account will explode.
I am living for the day when Jack's "Another 25.000 steps before noon! Now off to Asda to do the week's shopping with 50p I found in the rug" tweets will be accompanied by This post contains unverifiable claims.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
So RSM gave blanket permission to use the photo because she was inundated with requests - Jack spots it and says that the credit is wrong and then she gets all het up abs deletes the permission tweet. That’s shady. And why tweets should live forever - imagine if there was no delete button

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
This squiggle is a nurse on night shift. Yet they pity Jack, who has a long day of dino naps and titting about on SM ahead of her.

I despair, I really do.

IMG_20210126_084302.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
Okay, a bit of a grunka from the last thread, but what’s the point of all these top tips? How are they useful to anyone actually struggling with poverty?
I was thinking about this last night, trying to work out the various reasons the whole thing makes me feel sick. I came to the conclusion that it's basically a hoarder's handbook and the reason nothing like it has been published before is that hoarding is an actual mental health condition so you'd imagine most publishers would steer clear of #toptips about how to use the dryer fluff / empty loo rolls / newspapers you can't bring yourself to throw out 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
This squiggle is a nurse on night shift. Yet they pity Jack, who has a long day of dino naps and titting about on SM ahead of her.

I despair, I really do.

View attachment 403222
:eek: some people are too nice. I would be ashamed if a nurse felt sorry for me sitting at my desk all day, in contrast to them running around saving lives. Jack has no shame though I suppose.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
I was thinking about this last night, trying to work out the various reasons the whole thing makes me feel sick. I came to the conclusion that it's basically a hoarders' handbook and the reason nothing like it has been published before is that hoarding is an actual mental health condition so you'd imagine most publishers would steer clear of #toptips about how to use the dryer fluff / empty loo rolls / newspapers you can't bring yourself to throw out 🤷‍♀️
I was thinking along the same lines this morning. It's like...my friend makes jam, so he keeps glass jars for that purpose. I put my glass jars in the recycling container, rather than going "oh one day I may take up jam-making, and a stack of these would be invaluable!"

Reusing should come from a place of "I want/need to do X, what can I use for that purpose?" rather than "I have Y, what purpose can I invent for it?" or it's just not useful.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
All she will have to do ??, like what? , annoy the cat and ask stupid questions on Twitter.

Her squiggles really are daft.
Hey squiggles 🚨📢 give your heads a wobble

Urgh she’s so infuriating. I have an 11 year old. Mostly they are no bother by now. Plenty of time to be getting on with things. He’s probably in live lessons a chunk of the day.

Anyway, hello Vlad
Always watching 👀

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Hi Jack,

Any ideas for using up the dishes that come with Charlie Bingham's pies? x

ETA:

Get your popcorn ready!!

View attachment 403204

I love that they just call her a 'food writer', very faint praise. Hahah at the tweet deleting. Amazing news for the afternoon- no more writing for Jack while she rifles her folders.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I was thinking about this last night, trying to work out the various reasons the whole thing makes me feel sick. I came to the conclusion that it's basically a hoarder's handbook and the reason nothing like it has been published before is that hoarding is an actual mental health condition so you'd imagine most publishers would steer clear of #toptips about how to use the dryer fluff / empty loo rolls / newspapers you can't bring yourself to throw out 🤷‍♀️
We've recently had some fresh reference material come it at work about hoarding and signs of self neglect. I can be prone to mild hoarding mostly borne from eco worries rather than anything else but luckily can say 'enough is enough' and put something in the bin/recycle, but that line can be very easily fuzzed for people for so many different reasons. Be clever with the items in your house but don't do yourself in trying to do half this tit. My best way to combat this so far has been to offer up stuff in bulk on free sites/Marketplace, especially packaging. Gets the four huge boxes of it out of my loft and onto ebay sellers etc.

Hey Jack!
I've got three bin bags drying on my washing line right now! used them to collect leaves, gave them to my Mum and Dad full for the allotment and they brought them back. Gonna dry them out and reuse them for more leaves.
You're welcome.

Also re: the pre-warning to Linda re: cabal. I think this is likely too. I was really careful in my initial email to them and response to their woeful reply to stick very much to a simple narrative without any references to receipts, puddles etc but I think the seed was already planted in the social media team (blergh) before I even considered sending something. 27k Viggle knows whats going on though and I dig it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I was thinking along the same lines this morning. It's like...my friend makes jam, so he keeps glass jars for that purpose. I put my glass jars in the recycling container, rather than going "oh one day I may take up jam-making, and a stack of these would be invaluable!"

Reusing should come from a place of "I want/need to do X, what can I use for that purpose?" rather than "I have Y, what purpose can I invent for it?" or it's just not useful.
I'm really bad for holding onto glass jars, the smaller ones are great for (am going to spoiler this because I'll be f*cked if I'm unwittingly contributing to Jack's new project) sticking a tealight in to put in your garden - if we have people coming round to sit outside we put one each on our steps and dotted around the place, looks really nice however it gets to a certain stage when you've just got enough? And it's not like you're going to suddenly stop buying jarred stuff, so there's always more coming in. Piles of newspapers / toilet rolls / tumble drier fluff is something of a step too far though, even apart from the fire risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Can’t wait to see how much work Jack gets done today. Blank document will be quaking in its boots!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Gotta say, this is the first time I’ve ever seen a pic of Jack’s nails without a ridge of black grime underneath so there’s some progress...

E214B34C-AF3B-4E59-B62C-E30BAE019B2D.jpeg

The performative thing of tweeting that she’s getting up at 5am to write, as though this is some kind of daily, meditative routine is bleeping hilarious. If it was actually the case she’d be in her own editing stage by now, not crowdsourcing for tit content from squiggles who are even more clueless than she.

It’s an old tactic of mine - leaving everything until the last minute and then subsisting on a couple of hours sleep a night for a fortnight and burning myself out because I physically couldn’t fit the amount of work I needed to do into a working day. It’s odd and sad that, despite seeming to use ADHD as an excuse for almost everything, she doesn’t seem to get onto the fact that her condition being poorly managed is the problem here, and instead blames SB? I also add that ADHD aside she is a lazy cow and this is evident from the lack of care she applies to everything.

We’ve seen so many photos of SB sitting and reading quietly, he’s nearly in secondary school, she just can’t use him as an excuse for her ineptitude and yet she does, even though about 90% of the country have it worse at the moment (especially given her complex web of childcare bubbles).

Anyway, I can’t wait for how tit this book is going to be and I wish wish wish I was a fly on the wall for her publishers Zoom calls about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I genuinely can’t believe how much time this woman spends on Twitter. I’ve recently deleted my account as I noticed I was doing too much tweeting and too little living. It’s so unhealthy

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.