Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really do loathe her today. Is anyone willing to watch her MBE acceptance speech? I’d rather pull out my own toenails personally, but a recap would be a hoot!

Meanwhile, look who’s getting up in her niche:
That man has cooked this all wrong because it looks edible

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Genuinely love the next level sleuthing. The police should just hand over all of the UKs unsolved crimes to the Cabal and duck off for a piss and a sandwich while you solve the lot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I'm lying in bed still utterly perplexed by the baking tray/dish water "tip." The only explanation I can come up with is that when doing the dishes Jack has to take a mini dino nap after washing each item, hence the need to keep the water hot for hours on end.
But it wouldn't thought because as we all know, metal conducts heat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It looks like the IKEA one (have got it 🔺) which was more expensive

Which makes the one I found even more of a bargain, I’m obviously far too cheap

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve been thinking about JM (unfortunately not much else to do on furlough).
I don’t think she is really a recovering alcoholic. If you do the work involved with the steps you are told what your character defects are. And then by working the steps you take action to “sort them out”. The steps are ongoing.
IMO one of Jacks problems is the resentment she feels towards the foster children looked after in her home. Also IMO she felt/feels neglected. She may have other problems in addition.
I think her resentments have resulted in a huge sense of entitlement. She thinks she is a special case.
I think she gets away with all her scams because she believes she is hard done by (going back to her childhood. That belief makes it easy for her to lie because she is living in her own version of reality.
End of lecture 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Just another example of her arrogance...she got lucky once, and thinks she's a maverick genius who doesn't need to try.

Gawd, can you tell she's struck a particular nerve with me today?😳
I know that nerve, and I think you're on to something about getting lucky once. When people were sharing her old blog posts, messy timeline aside, I was surprised by how authentic her writing seemed was back then. I tried to forget all I know about her today and think of her writing then and yeah, she had a voice. It wasn't that she was an excellent writer by any means, but there was a lot of promise --- she was a promising young writer with an interesting story that directly related to austerity Britain.

She's said many times, particularly when she glommed onto Greta's "autism is my superpower" comment, that she has some unique gift related to cooking and can bang out articles without a thought. She fell into a trap of thinking she's a genius and she's still there, complaining away about the hard work she's getting paid to do.

I'm autistic and I can say with some confidence that I do seem to have a savant-like ability to just know how to play instruments. It would drive my band instructor crazy. He was intense (think Whiplash). He brought grown men to tears during rehearsals. He hated that some things were easy for me. Some not all --- I struggled with a certain technique for years. And for years I would hear, "You're like all those talented ones. As soon as you hit a point where is isn't easy for you, you stop trying. Most people have to try to get where you are. Learn to try! Work hard!" He was absolutely right. I eventually developed a passable version of that technique, and it made a world of difference, but I didn't like trying.

You'd think a tryhard would try harder, tho.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I’ve been thinking about JM (unfortunately not much else to do on furlough).
I don’t think she is really a recovering alcoholic. If you do the work involved with the steps you are told what your character defects are. And then by working the steps you take action to “sort them out”. The steps are ongoing.
IMO one of Jacks problems is the resentment she feels towards the foster children looked after in her home. Also IMO she felt/feels neglected. She may have other problems in addition.
I think her resentments have resulted in a huge sense of entitlement. She thinks she is a special case.
I think she gets away with all her scams because she believes she is hard done by (going back to her childhood. That belief makes it easy for her to lie because she is living in her own version of reality.
End of lecture 🤪
Her 'character defect' is essentially her entire personality, at this stage. Would take some serious self-reflection alongside therapy for her to change in any lasting way... I've known a lot of people like her, and they don't at all change without intervention. :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Anyone else feel really inspired to thoroughly springclean their home every time they see one of Jack's photos?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
that must be the tripod she uses for all those candid 'sleeping' pics.
The camera is in portrait mode, hence the move away dialogue, which as far as I am aware is only available for photos not videos so I think you’re on to something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Anyone else feel really inspired to thoroughly springclean their home every time they see one of Jack's photos?
Yes!! I'm guilty of hoarding a little, but seeing the sheer amount of tat in her house makes me so anxious that I've spent the last hour cleaning and sorting the kitchen cupboards!!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Yes!! I'm guilty of hoarding a little, but seeing the sheer amount of tat in her house makes me so anxious that I've spent the last hour cleaning and sorting the kitchen cupboards!!
Yes, I did this on Saturday, took a few hours off Twitter.😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Was thinking about her expensive rent. She only needs a 2 bed place. Look at all these.

I shall try to find out if she’s leaving the crappy bungalow.

As a vegan, I can honestly say, there is no substitute for dairy cheese, unless you can afford £££. So I don’t bother much. And she can piss off with the vegan milk. She gets her milk delivered in the glass bottles that she then keeps.

Reactions: 36
It looks like the IKEA one (have got it 🔺) which was more expensive

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 15.06.01.png

Pigeons in a trolley? Are IKEA behind the spate of pigeon deaths?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.