Jack Monroe #136 We lived in a house, it had a roof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FFS I've just said that I was going to grunk through some emails in a work meeting. Fortunately it was only a few colleagues who are more like friends. It's such a good description it tripped off my tongue.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
No I don’t think there has ever been stigma against tinned tomatoes. THAT MAN has said before to buy the tinned plum ones and mash them up as they are better tomatoes but that’s all I’ve ever heard. She is making stuff up.
They tasted more of tomatoes than the crap from the supermarkets when they started to be produced off season (and still do if you don't go for the Vine ripened ones - or the much, much cheaper bunches from the Turkish shops). I used to have tinned tomatoes on toast when I had tonsillitis aged 7 - so 1980 - for example.

Reactions: 20
bbc food promoting rupy's show with a smol video

I captured this ss just as rupy got the veg going

Screenshot_20210118-161023_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
We eat a lot of tinned tomatoes because they're a seasonal vegetable FFS.

Now there are some dishes that you absolutely cannot use tinned tomatoes for. A good example is gazpacho, which is a dish based explicitly on raw vegetables, and tinned tomatoes have been cooked. Using a tin there would be as inappropriate as upending one into a Greek salad.

I say this because Jack Monroe's gazpacho recipe features...you've guessed it...tinned tomatoes. 🤢🤢🤢

If people criticise this dish, it's not because they're food snobs who hate the poor, it's because - as mentioned many times in these threads - Words Have Meanings.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Is that the same shade of eyeshadow as used in the famous BlackEyeGate?

And yes, @TurnedUpInTipp she is almost definitely pressing a remote. I would bet my life she has the camera set up on a selfie stand with remote to capture this ‘random’ moment. Of course it had to be during the sleepless few nights 🙄

47C03D33-4CED-4C54-88DD-06D1C3BBD77D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
No way am I getting Mackie mixed up with Rose West , Rose actually won 1st place with her Victoria sponge cake in her prison bake-off !

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
How many dressing gowns has she got? There was some sort of unit at the end of her bed before, did the fake photographer climb onto it, or was it more likely one of her stupid tripod setups?
I wonder if she’s using time lapse on her phone. Set it up to take one shot every 5-10 secs and then get yourself in position, let it take a raft of photos while you get sorted/try different positions and then just use the one you like the best......hang on, what the hell am I doing?!?! Why am I analysing this?!?! 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Is that the same shade of eyeshadow as used in the famous BlackEyeGate?

And yes, @TurnedUpInTipp she is almost definitely pressing a remote. I would bet my life she has the camera set up on a selfie stand with remote to capture this ‘random’ moment. Of course it had to be during the sleepless few nights 🙄

View attachment 390307
Wow, this really hits home how all her tireless campaigning and activism of the past week has really taken its toll on our mighty comrade. To think she was this sprightly young thing a mere month ago. Sigh. I suppose some things are bigger than us.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I wonder if she’s using time lapse on her phone. Set it up to take one shot every 5-10 secs and then get yourself in position, let it take a raft of photos while you get sorted/try different positions and then just use the one you like the best......hang on, what the hell am I doing?!?! Why am I analysing this?!?! 😳
Sweet Jesus if that’s the ONE she liked the best can you imagine the rest 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I thought it looked like she had a really flushed neck and chest - nerves/excitement/general Jack weirdness?

Either that, or she hasn't learnt how to blend, because her blusher was also a bit Siouxsie Sioux.

View attachment 390090
What a legend she is , look at her 💗. I was listening to Nocturne on the way home from work , funny seeing her here.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The doctor guy was the one who messaged her "you're really good on camera mate, honestly" wasn't he? 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Did RSM reveal what the problem was after last night’s Twitter outrage, did anyone else reveal anything , is RSM off limits now?

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.