Jack Monroe #136 We lived in a house, it had a roof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did RSM reveal what the problem was after last night’s Twitter outrage, did anyone else reveal anything , is RSM off limits now?
She hasn’t yet revealed the Chartwell stuff.

She’s just tweeted to say that she’s been thinking about stuff, inc Chartwells and hurt feelings.

Don’t think she’s off limits, as long as it’s on topic (involves Jackie and/or the FSM issue).

Reactions: 26
She hasn’t yet revealed the Chartwell stuff.

She’s just tweeted to say that she’s been thinking about stuff, in Chartwells and hurt feelings.

Don’t think she’s off limits, as long as it’s on topic (involves Jackie and/or the FSM issue).
Cheers @I’MBUSY👍👍. I saw her last tweet , I’ve got a spidey sense tingling and I don’t know why .

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Anyone have an online Asda account? I’m curious about how much the following adds up to:

1 loaf own brand cheap soft white bread 49p
1 packet own brand soft cheese spread
5 carrots
1 multipack own brand maize snacks 80p ready salted crisps
5 bananas 98p for 7
Jack, wouldn’t it be such positive publicity (As you sure do need it) if you were to screenshot all your DM’s and post them to a highlight reel about how inspirational you are to people cooking on a budget?

Ah. Silly me. They don’t exist do they. So stop lying on the lovely Doctors show.

THIS my fellow fraus was Jack’s face when Dr Rupee said it was the cheapest recipe of the series and banging full of flavour. She went from a smirk to this.

Make of it what you will.

View attachment 389968
OMG, the lumpy lip filler!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Um who the hell is Dr
A doctor you say

Why did he have Jack on 🙄
just watched Mackie on Iplayer, at the start you can see how nervous she is with her hands and the coffee mug to be fair she didnt do too badly but one point I genuinely didnt get her bit about there once being a stigma to tinned ttheomatoes and now it being acceptable, was this ever thus ? new to me ?
To be fair to Jack (sorry) she does lot lot better on pre -recorded segments. It is just the live she is terrible at

Reactions: 16
To be fair to Jack (sorry) she does lot lot better on pre -recorded segments. It is just the live she is terrible at
SO much better! And that’s what makes it so odd that she says she prefers to do live, and tries to avoid the pre-records.

Reactions: 17
Confidence tricks are a preference for the habitual liar in what is known as
(Narclife)
And morning slop can be avoided if you add some texture right into what is known as
(Narclife)

BB’s got a guilty look, she gets intimidated by the cattos, they love a bit of it
(Narclife)
Who’s that slop queen marching, you should cut on your griftin’ mate, get some morals!!

All the people
So many people
They all go tweet by tweet
Tweet by tweet into her Narclife
Know what I mean?

I gets up when I like except on Wednesdays when I’m rudely awakened by the Cooper
(Narclife)
I put on my denim, have a non-existent cup of tea and decide not to leave the house
(Narclife)

I feed the chaos, I sometimes feed the monkeys too
It gives me an enormous sense of self-importance
(Narclife)

And then I’m happy for about 5 minutes, safe in the knowledge that there’ll always be a little bit of the web devoted to it

All the people
So many people

Narclife
(Narclife)
Narclife
(Narclife)

It’s got nothing to do with your Free School Meals campaign, you know.
(Narclife)
And it’s not about you Patreons, whose pleas for stuff go round and round and round
(Narclife)

All the people
So many people

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 113
People take photos of Jack when she's sleeping rather a lot don't they? 🤔 I can only presume they either take a photo and send it to her, or she has no lock on her phone(s)...🤷
Most phones can access camera when locked, I have taken photos from other peoples phones when locked, but she has set this up for SM

Reactions: 21
Has anyone shared the M&S meal planner they’ve developed? So useful. Can’t believe she went after them with the price of their dine in meals when they’ve done all this.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Confidence tricks are a preference for the habitual liar in what is known as
(Narclife)
And morning slop can be avoided if you add some texture right into what is known as
(Narclife)

BB’s got a guilty look, she gets intimidated by the cattos, they love a bit of it
(Narclife)
Who’s that slop queen marching, you should cut on your griftin’ mate, get some morals!!

All the people
So many people
Know what I mean?

I gets up when I like except on Wednesdays when I’m rudely awakened by the Cooper
(Narclife)
I put on my denim, have a non-existent cup of tea and decide not to leave the house
(Narclife)

I feed the chaos, I sometimes feed the monkeys too
It gives me an enormous sense of self-importance
(Narclife)

And then I’m happy for about 5 minutes, safe in the knowledge that there’ll always be a little bit of the web devoted to it

All the people
So many people

Narclife
(Narclife)
Narclife
(Narclife)

It’s got nothing to do with your Free School Meals campaign, you know.
(Narclife)
And it’s not about you Patreons, whose pleas for stuff go round and round and round
(Narclife)

All the people
So many people
Genius 🤣

Reactions: 19
No I don’t think there has ever been stigma against tinned tomatoes. THAT MAN has said before to buy the tinned plum ones and mash them up as they are better tomatoes but that’s all I’ve ever heard. She is making stuff up.
I recall him saying that tomato seeds can be quite bitter and that buying g chopped tomatoes can sometimes be hit and miss. If you buy whole plum tomatoes you can just choose them as you go.

Reactions: 15
Did RSM reveal what the problem was after last night’s Twitter outrage, did anyone else reveal anything , is RSM off limits now?
I believe we have to wait until it appears in the media. Jack is apparently using her contacts to set up an interview. I'm hoping for a picture of RM and JM doing a bit of "local paper face" whilst holding up the letter, ideally something reminiscent of the iconic snap below.

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.22.41.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I think that's because it's been heavily edited. (Heavily edited meaning other, cleverer people doing all the heavy lifting for Jack's smol smol shoulders).

Reactions: 32
I think that's because it's been heavily edited. (Heavily edited meaning other, cleverer people doing all the heavy lifting for Jack's smol smol shoulders).
I think she’s really paranoid about having no control over how she’s edited. As she’s Jack Monroe, queen of twisting words/situations Or using out of context snippets, her default assumption is that’s what people will do to her. But most people aren’t her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes, it means they can cut out all the stupid things she says. Clearly the tinned tomato stigma was the least dense of her little nuggets of wisdom, and it still doesn't make any sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Cheers @I’MBUSY👍👍. I saw her last tweet , I’ve got a spidey sense tingling and I don’t know why .

Her posts are preposterous, and now almost indistinguishable from those of JM. A muddled blend of sadfishing, grandiosity, aggression and faux modesty. She took a photo, chose the wrong horse, and is now left with nothing more to offer than impotent pronouncements of non-existent revelations of what is supposedly going on behind the scenes. Sound familiar? Every little outburst from them both leaves me like I'm in a Larry David final scene.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I think she’s really paranoid about having no control over how she’s edited. As she’s Jack Monroe, queen of twisting words/situations Or using out of context snippets, her default assumption is that’s what people will do to her. But most people aren’t her.
You'd think she'd like it so she could be all "of course I decked a Tory and gave a passionate speech about the NHS" but it got edited out. All the dim squigs would totally buy it.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.