Jack Monroe #136 We lived in a house, it had a roof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That Guardian article is so so spot on. I come from a working class background BUT had I got into any trouble myself with benefits or needing money for anything my parents would have been able to help me.

Lots of people aren't in that position and Jack (who has more affluence in her life than I ever had in mine - ballet lessons? We roamed the streets 😂) has never once acknowledged this privilege. She loves pretending she didn't have a safety net or grow up with any advantages.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m just away back to work after lunch (I’ve been lol-ing, you guys are the best) but again I’m breaching my own rule about talking about her appearance, but....it crossed the mind of this old detective that maybe she’s had a wee boob job too. In the pic last week in the grey hoodie and the one of her doing a weird staring thing at Dr Rupy she looked a bit bigger to me.

I 100% think what people do aesthetically is hee haw to do with me but again, it’s this ‘I’m so poor’ bollocks she spins that invites people to speculate what she’s spending her money on to make her so poor
I think she's said that she sometimes still wears binders, sometimes cute bras and sometimes no bra so this could be that.

Reactions: 23
So the curry recipe still looks like this:

View attachment 390166

I'm going to guess that this collaboration was not dreamed up on the 1st of January. In fact, I know it wasn't, because she was tweeting nonsense about the pastitsio in December. Nevertheless, she's left it to the last minute, hasn't finished, and has made excuses.

So Linda McCartney have spent god knows how much for tit recipes, a slapdash job that she hasn't bothered finishing because she's too busy, work that has not been proofread and is riddled with errors (bechemal, mozarella, pasta/passata, chickpeas)...and to top it all they've enraged their key audience of angry vegans.

Money well spent!
It's just so lazy! I could do a better job and I'm #notachef. She will have a contract that specifies X number of recipes by these dates which use these products from the LM line with X number of photos. The first thing I'd do upon receiving the contract is write down the recipes. You are not reinventing the wheel here. It's just a way to showcase what you can do with veggie sausages or veggie mince or a veggie burger. Guess what, you can use a veggie burger to make a really nice burger! Come up with a good slaw or salsa to go on the side. Or use the sausages in something a little more inventive than sausage and mash. Maybe a vegan toad in the hole or a tofu scramble with sausage pieces or a potato hash with sausages.

Honestly, if you cook for a living it should take minutes to come up with the basic recipe idea. Then get your ingredients, make the recipes, send them to your recipe tester(s), snap some pics, amend according to the feedback you get from your testers, job done.

Given that none of the recipes will be molecular cuisine, one tester is probably fine and as an experienced recipe writer you should know how you have to word and present things to make the recipe easily understood.

I'd imagine her brief included info on the target audience, and given what I know of brands like Linda McCartney, it would be something like, quick, easy, family friendly, etc. The products are convenience foods and not something you'd use if you are creating a culinary wonder over the course of 6 hours.

It's insulting to all those vegan and vegetarian Instagrammers, YouTubers, etc. who are capable of putting something decent together but who don't have her following.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She looks like a deflated waxwork thrown on a bed. Or one of those fake corpses you see on cop shows

• Haha
Reactions: 32
just watched Mackie on Iplayer, at the start you can see how nervous she is with her hands and the coffee mug to be fair she didnt do too badly but one point I genuinely didnt get her bit about there once being a stigma to tinned tomatoes and now it being acceptable, was this ever thus ? new to me ?

Reactions: 35
How many dressing gowns has she got? There was some sort of unit at the end of her bed before, did the fake photographer climb onto it, or was it more likely one of her stupid tripod setups?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.