Jack Monroe #136 We lived in a house, it had a roof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its pretty good (the Dr Rupy show), he's done all the cooking. Jack has been sitting, and talking up her books. To me the hilarious contributions from her so far have been 'thats my line!', and 'sounds like you are after my job!' - All up in her niche- Dr. Rupy very good at smiling enthusiastically/politely.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
She's claiming that people can save £100 per week by following her recipes #moreasitcomes
How much does she think people spend to begin with if they can save £100 and still buy groceries for the week😱. I must have been living in a very different world for the last 37 years since I left home!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
How much does she think people spend to begin with if they can save £100 and still buy groceries for the week😱. I must have been living in a very different world for the last 37 years since I left home!
It speaks to who is buying her books/interacting with her. What must their food budget have been to begin with?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It speaks to who is buying her books/interacting with her. What must their food budget have been to begin with?
I suppose it's the Eat Well for Less crowd, who spend 3-450 notes a week on tit they don't eat and claim they've never heard of baking a potato from fresh after GregG leaps out from behind the Baked Beans as thought it wasn't fully scripted from the outset.

In other words, minted and thick as variable fat content mince.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Well, that was good. Might try making the jambalaya. Someone at the BBC has been taking note of how badly JM comes across when doing her own cooking. Perhaps one day they will move on to talking to / featuring a budget and/or vegan chef that does their own cooking/comes across better on TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Just watched the show in its entirety. That Dr Rupy seems like a knowledgeable chap who made some nice, simple dishes. Jack’s face watching him make the jambalaya was quite a picture. You could just see the confusion in her brain when he sautéed his sofrito. You can tell she just wanted to jump in there and tell him that he was doing it wrong and that the pan should be cold! As well as the numerous passive aggressive “You’re all up in my niche” comments.😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45
jesus bleeping christ...i feel like she's just stared straight through my soul

why is Jack so terrifying when she's trying to be cute and playful?!

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 11.13.09 am.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
She's claiming that people can save £100 per week by following her recipes #moreasitcomes
Actually I can see that. Try one of her recipes - give the whole family the screaming diarrhoea - don't eat for the rest of the week. Thanks Jack (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Just watching Dr Rupy too.

Am cringing at the comnent about tinned tomatoes being socially acceptable to use.

Ooh- she's got up from her seat and appears to be edgiing towards the kitchen. That's right Dr Rupy, give her food and make her sit down again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Absolutely over the moon (full) that this programme has been released now.

It is exactly what we needed.

Thank you Iplayer.

Thank you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.