Jack Monroe #136 We lived in a house, it had a roof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At Linda Mc they must be thrilled she has so much time for tweeting and interviews , while for their paid gig she could not even take out the line about adding chickpeas..(so unprofessional!!!).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Yeah...

I think it's okay to defend oneself on Twitter, and it's prob quite a human instinct to do so. But no good comes of it, as it's just rising to the bait.

I think it is a mistake for her to so expressly align herself to Jack. She just doesn't know that.

Yet.

ETA this tweet. I feel for her.

View attachment 389718
She’s been directed in the replies to a few traveller support groups, one of which seems to be directly to help people navigate twitter and abuse and I think that’s the best chance of her realising she’s likely being manipulated by JM.

Looking at their pages, it doesn’t seem their advice would be the same as JM’s at all so hopefully that will say a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Good afternoon. This is no fun, it's just shouting on twitter and both sides seem to be baddies.

The stars have aligned and both my kids are close contacts from different Covid cases and have to stay home for 10 days. I am online teaching and doing meetings and trying to supervise them 0/10, do not recommend.
What a nightmare! As Jack would say, 💪💪🖤

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I was always told growing up "don't bite the hand that feeds you" we have a right to stick up for ourselves but we should also do it with dignity and grace. They are doing neither. Id be surprised if the bloke from chartwells works with them after this. I imagine he will ask to speak to the other campaigners and JM and RM will not have a leg to stand on as they will still be negotiating fixing the food problem.

Reactions: 30
I think I might just set up a Scientology inspired Jack worshipping religious sect where you have to pay to uncover more sacred slop wisdom until you reach the level of of Operating Urchin and learn the answer to all your questions is "bung it in a curry".

It's like they're hypnotised or something.

View attachment 389589

View attachment 389590

View attachment 389591

An OBE?! I'm just imagining HMTQ saying to Jack "and what is it you do?" and Jack waffling on about being a campaigner and the Queen shooting back with "yes, yes I know all that but what the duck is it you actually do?".
Let us hope the comments about David Cameron's son will permanently exclude her from the Palace. 🤞

My goodness the cabal has been busy, over 25 pages to Grunk!!
Once again, Jack has given us all a live lesson on how a Narcissist works.
She's love bombed RM infront of our very eyes and has made her a dream of a flying monkey.
In the world of a Narc the FMs do their bidding, so the Narc doesn't get their hands dirty. Jack will be on a high, watching it all unfold from the safety of the crappy bungalow.
RM is apparently quick to temper and has no filter. Jack will have been drip, drip, dripping into her DMs all week. She will have been telling her that horrible Marcus doesn't want to be her friend, that nasty trolls are sending death threats and the Chartwells bloke wants to eat her children (just a joke m'lud and a suggestion of the lies being banded about)
RM has been gaslit big time. Jack will have confused her with differing facts and tweets. Add to the fact RM has probably had a drink (no shade, most people do on a weekend) and BOOM...
Jack's little homemade explosion kicks off and RM will have slagged off Marcus, Tom, THAT letter and pretty much anyone Jack has got an issue with. Jack will be so smug and sitting there with her Narc smirk (often called 'duper's delight') and none of the tit will stick to her.
RM however will be destroyed by MSM. Disabled, traveller, single mother, on benefits. Daily Mail will be wetting themselves to shred her. She will have lost all clout and disappear.
Jack won't help. She will just wave bye bye having had her tantrum and got rid of someone who risks her scam of poverty cosplay.
Sad but so true. ☹

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t what that is but I will take your word for it ☺
This is actually a great comparison.

In Nightcrawler, Jack Gyllenhaal uses a police scanner to listen for emergency calls, and then rushes to the scene of really grizzly crimes to record footage he can then sell to tv stations. He basically jumps on behind the real heroes in a story, rushes to the media and grabs the cash and credit.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
[

She's either smart enough to work it out herself or she's not.
This is an excellent point. I listened to a very interesting conversation between Sam Harris and John McWhorter yesterday about anti-racism. I could see some clear parallels between what's going on there and how poverty-cosplayer JM has been getting away with it for so many years AND what's going on with RM now.

People with good intentions do not feel able to question a narrative because they don't have lived experience. In the back of their minds they may have niggling doubts (for me, in JM's story - the early years, it was the lightbulbs and the fact that she lived in the same town she was born in but seemed to have no support system whatsoever). But they daren't ask about it, for fear of being called a rightwing Tory. How could you dare to suggest that perhaps she should have turned to her family for help? Wouldn't that mean that you agree with austerity and are against the welfare state?

It's actually a really patronising position to take by the audience (and one I have been guilty of and am probably still guilty of at times). You are not expecting the same level of intelligent argument or discussion as you would from someone who wasn't poor.

Just imagine some middle-class, frugal YouTuber who wants to save up suggesting to their audience to unscrew lightbulbs and sell them in a yard sale. They would, quite rightly, be made fun of and called out for bullshit advice.

With regards to RM, I'm very uncomfortable with what's happening and, like many have said before, I can see her get ripped to shreds in all of this, but she's a grown woman (probably with hands). It's her decision how she conducts herself on social media. I have no idea how much JM has been in her ear, but it's RM's decision to listen to her or not. I think ZW is a fool for having been taken in by Jack and if RM is taken in by her, too, then she is equally foolish.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
332B83AA-F6B7-48C6-8054-C0E5A0066493.jpeg

Dr Rupy’s show is now on iPlayer. Jackie’s episode is on there but I can’t bring myself to watch it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
I saw someone on Twitter yesterday respond in quite a funny way yesterday.

After getting quite an aggressive reply from a man (well I never, an angry man on Twitter!) she said underneath 'Its sweet that you think I posted this to engage in debate with you' and then said nothing else 😂

Will probably steal it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
This is actually a great comparison.

In Nightcrawler, Jack Gyllenhaal uses a police scanner to listen for emergency calls, and then rushes to the scene of really grizzly crimes to record footage he can then sell to tv stations. He basically jumps on behind the real heroes in a story, rushes to the media and grabs the cash and credit.
Wow. That really does sound like Jack 😱 Thank you for the explanation.

Reactions: 24
This is an excellent point. I listened to a very interesting conversation between Sam Harris and John McWhorter yesterday about anti-racism. I could see some clear parallels between what's going on there and how poverty-cosplayer JM has been getting away with it for so many years AND what's going on with RM now.

People with good intentions do not feel able to question a narrative because they don't have lived experience. In the back of their minds they may have niggling doubts (for me, in JM's story - the early years, it was the lightbulbs and the fact that she lived in the same town she was born in but seemed to have no support system whatsoever). But they daren't ask about it, for fear of being called a rightwing Tory. How could you dare to suggest that perhaps she should have turned to her family for help? Wouldn't that mean that you agree with austerity and are against the welfare state?

It's actually a really patronising position to take by the audience (and one I have been guilty of and am probably still guilty of at times). You are not expecting the same level of intelligent argument or discussion as you would from someone who wasn't poor.

Just imagine some middle-class, frugal YouTuber who wants to save up suggesting to their audience to unscrew lightbulbs and sell them in a yard sale. They would, quite rightly, be made fun of and called out for bullshit advice.

With regards to RM, I'm very uncomfortable with what's happening and, like many have said before, I can see her get ripped to shreds in all of this, but she's a grown woman (probably with hands). It's her decision how she conducts herself on social media. I have no idea how much JM has been in her ear, but it's RM's decision to listen to her or not. I think ZW is a fool for having been taken in by Jack and if RM is taken in by her, too, then she is equally foolish.
My feelings very much echo yours regarding how this all seems to be playing out for RM.
Mr Aquamarina and I also enjoy listening to Sam Harris and John McWhorter. Harris always has very interesting and thought-provoking conversations with his guests.

Reactions: 22
Um who the hell is Dr Rupy 😍
A doctor you say

Why did he have Jack on 🙄
Weren't they both guests on DKL together? I assume it came from that. I like him from the very little I've seen or read, he's a real NHS doctor who
still does clinical work.

Reactions: 33
She's claiming that people can save £100 per week by following her recipes #moreasitcomes
This makes me think of those daft articles that appear in newspapers...the screaming headline "Save £2500 NOW!!", and it's ridiculous suggestions like " buy Nivea instead of Creme de la Mer".

• Haha
Reactions: 45
De-lurking at last (been reading since April/Thread 2 when the THAT MAN meltdown caused me to dig a bit deeper on JM and reader, I could not believe the AUDACITY) as I currently spend a minimum of 42 hours a day on Tattle so a few posts can’t hurt now and then.

Anyway I have time travelled from the past (need to grunk about 20 pages to catch up on all the latest RM craic) to bring you Jack’s appearance on Dr Ruby’s show:

For those who suffer badly with second hand embarrassment, you can watch a natural, engaging and talented presenter up to about the 4 minute mark...and then Dr Rupy introduces Jack.

At the risk of giving away too many spoilers, highlights for me include the Deirdre glasses both off AND on, Jack passive aggressively suggesting Dr Rupy is stealing her job/all up in her niche, the awkwardness of her not knowing what to do with her hands at the beginning, and the fact that in between her segments there is a quick “fridge leftovers” pesto which not only looks delicious but doesn’t credit Jack or use a bag of E. coli as the star ingredient.

But the most *genius* part of all is that Dr Rupy doesn’t actually allow her to cook, so she just has to sit there holding a cup (not coffee, she doesn’t drink it) as a prop and talking about her bean collection.

To be fair to Jack, this is one of her less cringey tv appearances, but still plenty of material for Bootstrap Bingo™️ which is after all the shizz that we sad little Hausfrauen live for.

ETA I see other more learned Frauen have beat me to it on the Dr Rupy scoop! Credit to @NP

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.