Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No offence to Taylor Swift, who I like well enough, but she’s hardly got the best voice ever? I mean technically. It’s very pleasant sounding but she’s no Mariah.
Exactly! I love Taylor, but she's even said herself that she knows her success lies in her writing more than her vocals.

Reactions: 23
"I'm mainly vegetarian but I occasionally eat meat." Are you duck a vegetarian then! You're just an infrequent meat eater.
Drives me frigging crackers when people say that. You either eat meat or you don’t, there’s no middle ground if you call yourself a vegetarian. Dopey squiggle.

Reactions: 40
Playing a game with the household* but superglued to Twitter, as per. :rolleyes:

*Fecking hate it when she refers to her "household". It's a maximum of three people, two of whom don't live there full-time. You're hardly Michelle Duggar, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Caught up again. Here is my thoughts on tinopenergate.

If I were poor (by most standards I am), If I were disabled (I am, registered and everything), and if my tin opener was broken/I couldn't physically use it, I would knock next door and without doubt they would help.

People that are poor are generally resourceful, they are not simpletons that would look at an unopened can of food and attack it with a hammer and screwdriver. Jack may not have friends, family, or neighbours that would be willing to help (though they would, she just wouldn't, or didn't ask) but that says more about her.

I agree that it is shameful that there is any possibility that someone couldn't afford a can opener. That is what she should be campaigning about, not suggesting all tins having ring pulls. Though to be fair, some people could be given any amount of money and not be able to manage their spending, there needs to be education in schools on how to do household budgeting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Does she not know that Adam Kay wrote a song mocking babies with Downs Syndrome? Google it and you can see they lyrics - it's disgusting.
For the spat she had over David Walliams, she really needs to look at some of Amateur Transplant's lyrics before blue-tick brown-nosing

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Does Mel Donte know about this tuna collab?
Princes tuna...Del Monte fruit...it can’t end well (for us)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So our Jackie feels it more important to test 14 types of tin opener than to test her recipes even once!?! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm doing an online shopping order to restock tins and I am actively *not* buying Del Monte because of the association with THAT PERSON. I've just used 2 tins of Tesco peach slices and some fruits of the freezer to make a Crimble Crumble. The only peaches listed on amazon prime now were Del Monte, so I've bought another brand's tinned pears instead (fruit is all interchangeable innit?).

• Heart
Reactions: 46
No offence to Taylor Swift, who I like well enough, but she’s hardly got the best voice ever? I mean technically. It’s very pleasant sounding but she’s no Mariah.
How this tit gets and stays in my brain I have no idea but I read years ago in a serious record producer interview that Taylor Swift, Kylie and other notable pop singers deploy a deliberate lack of range to ensure maximum singalong vanity appeal for the purpose of shifting more units.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
Yeah, TBH this whole can opener gate isn't working for me. Obviously I'm not in the UK and things may be wildly different there 🙄, but even the cheapest tomatoes, corn etc always come with a ring pull in every supermarket.

OTOH products imported from Asian countries - coconut milk, creamed corn, and so on - don't. It's not really about price, it's about what is the norm in different markets.

It's all a bit mad though isn't it? She does this every so often - this recipe needs PLATES! But if you're poor maybe you only have a BOWL! and it's very strange indeed, and really shows that she doesn't understand poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.