Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This won’t 🔺me much but...
I once had terrible internal guilt at eating a unicef biscuit.
I was abroad and volunteering with a charity. One day I had some refugees who decided to hang out and help me sorting clothes. They had been given the biscuits and they opened them and offered me one. I tried to refuse it a few times but it got uncomfortable. I should say they had other food as well. Culturally they wanted to eat and share food with me. Being British I still feel bad for taking a biscuit some other refugee should have had.
Not as bad as I feel that unicef are feeding people in our capital city, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Jack? Capitalising on a viral event on twitter to push attention her way? While putting down her housemate and making her son seem younger than he is?!

...yep, another fun filled Sunday night in the crappy bungalow. I bet she took the peelers off them because they were "doing it all wrong"

I'm so annoyed this piece of artistry and comedy has been ruined by...actual Shia LeBouef :mad:
I was like "wait what's he done?" stuck his name in google and literally have just found out this second 😐 those allegations are awful and he's basically immediately admitted they're true. Hate that his admission is so self-centred and angsty "oh I hurt myself and everyone around me woe is my tortured soul I'm so sorry IF I hurt you" duck you and how about you work on your issues rather than hurt people?

Wish I could go back and edit my post now to take that video out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Have no idea where John West tuna sits on the JM approved tin scale, but assuming it’s alongside Del Monte, and they don’t have ring pulls either. That’s in the multipacks of 4 tho so maybe it’s a stacking thing?

Hopefully this isn’t <how much can one banana be $10.gif> but I’ve always assumed own brand stuff comes from the same factories just is labelled differently per supermarket? Like I don’t think a 35p tin of M&S beans is any different to Tesco’s 35p tin of baked beans... and both have ring pulls?

Tin truthing was inevitable wasn’t it. Wonder if John Lewis will go under this year as a result of their biggest backer leaving the market...
my beloved once had a data input job at Cambells back when it was based in Kings Lynn, there were minute differences in salt and spices between their own soups, M and S and Tescos which the factory produced.

Reactions: 24
Imagine if Louisa Compton (head of news at Channel 4) was equally as pass-ag about Jack on Twitter: “Twitter fam, imagine being with a smol idiot who is so bad with money they pretend to need a Go Henry card LOLZ 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
there you go, good for left or right handed, or even ampidextrous
Brilliant, My mum has one of these (also a lefty)
I should get one. Normally when cooking potatoes I just have baby potatoes so don’t need to peel and my partner doesn’t really eat veg so if I am just cooking carrots for myself I just cut the ends of and don’t peel (is this abnormal?) but obviously with Christmas I wanted to make roasties so a couple of glasses of wine combined with the right handed death peeler was quite disturbing and luckily I didn’t have a chaos and end up in A&E

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Imagine if Louisa Compton (head of news at Channel 4) was equally as pass-ag about Jack on Twitter: “Twitter fam, imagine being with a smol idiot who is so bad with money they pretend to need a Go Henry card LOLZ 😆
And forget how old their son is. And that they've previously had 2 cats. And that they've got Covid (etc etc forever)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
So the post is now up on Twitter but with SB still, apparently, 9. I get these posts have been scheduled, but you'd think she'd edit - especially after her mum pointed it out!

EDIT

Deleted and re-uploaded with correct age!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
just had a mini catch up, and who would have guessed that her moaning about the price of tin openers would be the thing that tipped me into a rage?
ohhhh you have to have a spare 50p one time to buy a tin opener waah waah duck OFF YOU STUPID bleep YOU PRICE 2Ps WORTH OF bleeping CURRY POWDER IN RECIPES ARE YOU THICK??? Either people have a tin opener and a tub of curry powder/salt/herb garden on their windowsill as store cupboard staples, or they need extra money for the outlay of all these things. Which is it you bleeping ignoramus?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
This is the 2021 we all deserve tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 49
SB already looks to be a better cook than she is. His roast potatoes look decidedly more appealing than the picture on her website and are probably the best result one could expect from her recipe, TBH.

Also, re: BB/Louisa, wasn't it less than a week ago Jack was moaning about working from home and only having conversations with SB and Cooper? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.