Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BB
Name begins with L
Vegetarian
Cyclist
Doesn't cook
Works in TV
Had Covid

Louisa
Name begins with L
Vegetarian
Cyclist
Doesn't cook
Works in TV
Had Covid
mmmmmm hmmmmmmm (nods in agreement)

Does she not know that Adam Kay wrote a song mocking babies with Downs Syndrome? Google it and you can see they lyrics - it's disgusting.
Jesus H Christ. Just Googled it, what a bleep!!!
Also, in same Google, it came up that he mocked Northern Women and, most heinous of all he was a writer on 'Mrs Brown's Boys'.
(not being crappy, he genuinely is a bit of a bleep)
Ah, but at least SB is a fan. Not the same thing as liking David Walliams or anything...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I still have the salt and pepper shakers that I ‘liberated’ from a Harvester (I LOVE A SALAD BAR OK) when I first moved out of home. And for years the only decent wine glass I had happened to be from the pub over the road from my parents...

not sure I ever nicked a tin opener though. I think the first one I owned was prob in the random bag of old utensils that Mum gave when I went to Uni
Exactly that. Or tit you 'borrow' from next door and never return!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Does she not know that Adam Kay wrote a song mocking babies with Downs Syndrome? Google it and you can see they lyrics - it's disgusting.
So is that book getting snatched out of the SB's hands and the mother having a tit fit on Twitter yet?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
BB
Name begins with L
Vegetarian
Cyclist
Doesn't cook
Works in TV
Had Covid

Louisa
Name begins with L
Vegetarian
Cyclist
Doesn't cook
Works in TV
Had Covid
Ah I remembered some evidence from before when I queried it, I missed the bits when J said the above about her BB you see. Thanks lovely Marmalade x

So is that book getting snatched out of the SB's hands and the mother having a tit fit on Twitter yet?
Is he the doctor guy?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Come oooonnn Singing Jack, please vanquish Tin Opener Jack, I'm rubbing my hands with glee in anticipation.

Louisa Compton (44 years old) is only kitchen-averse because that's where Jack is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
And why did she peel the spuds? Is that beyond a 44-yr old? Make it make sense! 😭
My guess is that Louisa once said she hated/disliked/couldn't be arsed cooking and Ms Pass Agg has been treating her like an imbecile ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
They look rubbery to me, and greasy 🤢
They look like they've not been par boiled, bashed up in a pan and then put in a tray of smoking hot oil with garlic, onion salt, bay leaf etc etc.

Now I'm writing this, I remember seeing a post on her blog about the perfect roast potatoes. She advised to par boil the spuds for 20 minutes first. I don't even boil them that long to make mash?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Ah I remembered some evidence from before when I queried it, I missed the bits when J said the above about her BB you see. Thanks lovely Marmalade x

Is he the doctor guy?
Yep the doctor author

Jackie is sooo boring, mundane inane tweets. Those roasties look horrible! Plus you can get a tin opener in the pound shop, hardly a luxury good

Reactions: 30
So...too dangerous to post the (paid for) goods from the crappy bungalow however, poors can come round to collect used utensils 🤔
I swear I had a feeling there was something off about that Adam Kay....I’m really not surprised

Reactions: 32
I still have the salt and pepper shakers that I ‘liberated’ from a Harvester (I LOVE A SALAD BAR OK) when I first moved out of home. And for years the only decent wine glass I had happened to be from the pub over the road from my parents...

not sure I ever nicked a tin opener though. I think the first one I owned was prob in the random bag of old utensils that Mum gave when I went to Uni
I didn't buy a pint glass until I was about 35

• Haha
Reactions: 22
did she ever write that column for the breakdown mag? I thought it would be out by now considering she likes to brag about boshing out articles in 30 mins

Reactions: 36
Tin opener Jack... the content I’ve been waiting for all of Christmas, Twixmas AND New Year 🥱
Still, better than fleecing people of their heating allowance, catching a train to Scotland to poison homeless people, or getting lip fillers when she can’t afford butter.

Reactions: 28
I know this isn’t an Adam Kay thread, but I’ve never liked him. His entire schtic is ‘isn’t it funny what some people stick up their bum...’ No, no it’s not. And taking other people’s personal health stories and making jokes from them IN A PUBLIC ARENA (sick jokes get made by healthcare professionals amongst each other all the time) is not acceptable. No wonder Jack likes him

• Heart
Reactions: 44
With Adam Kay - I have a medical family so his stories of “the things I’ve seen” are pretty tame to me. I thought I was just being a bit smug when I took against him. Sounds like he might actually be a bleep.
Edit to add- whereas Harry Hill is definitely a bleep. He told a story that he got drunk and signed up to staff the Nightingale in Lockdown 1 but then bottled out and told them it was too far for him to drive. What japes! So funny. He did like a year post reg in the early 90s I wouldn’t want him treating me.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
It might be possible to "push through" your trauma/lack of confidence to sing, but should you?
(if your name is Jack Monroe, the answer is no. You have a terrible voice}
I had a similar traumatic experience when I was seven.

I was in the school choir (low bar, anyone who could read was made to join). Half way through a Carol the teacher playing the piano stopped. She turned to us and said 'SOMEONE is singing out of tune'.

We were seven, we were all singing out of tune. However, to be on the safe side, I took to miming for the rest of my singing career.

Now I only ever sing to the cat. He hates it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
With Adam Kay - I have a medical family so his stories of “the things I’ve seen” are pretty tame to me. I thought I was just being a bit smug when I took against him. Sounds like he might actually be a bleep.
Edit to add- whereas Harry Hill is definitely a bleep. He told a story that he got drunk and signed up to staff the Nightingale in Lockdown 1 but then bottled out and told them it was too far for him to drive. What japes! So funny. He did like a year post reg in the early 90s I wouldn’t want him treating me.
Most ‘celeb’ doctors have practiced about as much medicine as Dr Monroe

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Have you seen how photoshopped Adam Kay’s profile is on Twitter. He does not look like that. No wonder Jack likes him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.