Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know... Freedom of speech is important, as is the ability to act like a twit when you are younger. If someone travelled back in time, found the most inappropriate thing we had done and put it on social media would we all get cancelled?

Also, there is a difference between indiscretions and poor judgement and consistent patterns of manipulation, lying etc.

I should add, I don't give a damn about adam kay and having anything to with Mrs Browns boys makes me shudder.

Reactions: 19
They look like they've not been par boiled, bashed up in a pan and then put in a tray of smoking hot oil with garlic, onion salt, bay leaf etc etc.

Now I'm writing this, I remember seeing a post on her blog about the perfect roast potatoes. She advised to par boil the spuds for 20 minutes first. I don't even boil them that long to make mash?
20 mins at boil equals mush

Reactions: 18
Last week I opened two cans of soup, Tesco own brand with ringpull, Baxter’s no ringpull, plus theTesco can was around 50p and Baxter’s was over £1 which completely blows her poor people and tin opener theory.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I just googled him and the Google images that came up look like an entirely different person to whoever he used for his Twitter pic 😂
Hahah I've seen him in person a couple of times at Edinburgh Fringe- about 10 years ago. he looked like the twitter picture. He's using old pictures! He should be right up my street but I have been gifted two separate copies of his book that I haven't read. He's Twitterati like Jack (eg on all day since early days of UK Twitter when I followed them both!).

Reactions: 13
why am I not surprised that she doesn't know that SOUPS have RING PULLS? (traazers etc)

like, when would she ever do something as simple as heat up a tin of soup?!

anyway, this is all still so boring 😴

please jack, we need a chaos!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Because I have no life, of the 19 tinned items in the cupboard, only 3 need a tin opener. They are a mix of brands. Even the dog food (which I'm totally regretting buying due to the stench now coming from him) came with a ring pull.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I don't know... Freedom of speech is important, as is the ability to act like a twit when you are younger. If someone travelled back in time, found the most inappropriate thing we had done and put it on social media would we all get cancelled?

Also, there is a difference between indiscretions and poor judgement and consistent patterns of manipulation, lying etc.

I should add, I don't give a damn about adam kay and having anything to with Mrs Browns boys makes me shudder.
I agree and think people should be able to apologise for mistakes and be taken at face value. However, many other people haven’t had the free pass that he has, so my question still stands - why is he not being subject to the Twitter baying mob?

Reactions: 17
He was 24 when the CD came out. The CD was released in 2004 and the track listing includes 'Northern Birds' and 'Your Baby' (the Downs Syndrome song). Mid 20s is hardly youthful indiscretion.

Here is an Amazon review from 2008 where someone says they went to see them perform 'last night' -

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Funny
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 July 2008

After knowing about the amateur transplants for a while now, and getting their DVD last december, i went to watch them last night in London and still laugh heartily.

I bought the CD at the gig and it was put straight in the CD changer for the journey home. Its got a good sample of their songs, with a strong medical theme, but dont let you put that off as it still had the others. It does miss a few classics, such as the cover of James Blunts 'your beautiful' but does have a track of the shorts they do.

But all the proceeds went to charity, so that's ok. :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
why am I not surprised that she doesn't know that SOUPS have RING PULLS? (traazers etc)

like, when would she ever do something as simple as heat up a tin of soup?!

anyway, this is all still so boring 😴

please jack, we need a chaos!
Hers come in pouches from Ocado remember.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Looks like she knows her stuff regarding the Joie tin opener. View attachment 371034

Absolutely. That style is absolute bollocks for getting into tins when you've got hand issues - the handles hurt and they don't pierce the tin/you have to apply the closing force halfway down the handle, plus they're not heavy duty enough to do that without significant closing pressure. Then, there's the crappy turning mechanism again, which is accompanied by the bit that's too small and too round to be held and turned. They're fine if you don't have arthritis, just as the cheap butterfly ones are. But tit for those who actually do.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.