Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack Monroe #127: I have conducted extensive research in this field

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
607265BD-D519-4B6D-B295-450C87CED28B.jpeg
CDAB35A8-8527-4732-AE9C-1087673865F8.jpeg
D3C08617-226C-4E34-A3E1-40705B2E877A.jpeg
69980E57-378E-4436-8A2C-3693FBBF4D4C.jpeg

For background, Allison Pearson is threatening to sue a twitter user who hot cross with her stance on the NHS.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
The deep irony of this coming from someone who regularly threatens to triangulate and sue people for libel.

(Shouldn't need saying but I also stand with Dave and think Allison Pearson is an absolute danger.)

Screenshot_20210104_112816.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Allison Pearson is a poisonous witch but OMG people should be more careful about what they write on twitter wih their name and photo attached.

Reactions: 30
The deep irony of this coming from someone who regularly threatens to triangulate and sue people for libel.

(Shouldn't need saying but I also stand with Dave and think Allison Pearson is an absolute danger.)

View attachment 371208
No, no, no Jack. You're doing it all wrong. You need to print out the tweets and store them in an arch lever file. Kept in between your handwritten list of Tesco sweetcorn prices 2012-2020 and the Cotwold co. receipts.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Her advice is, as ever, totally useless and creates potential issues. Why not simply regularly tweet about how you can give to foodbanks, where to find out what your local foodbank needs, links to the Trussell Trust, mention how financial donations are really welcome, etc.

The picture varies a lot of what is needed in certain areas, and what isn't. I follow my local foodbank on social media and often see posts along the lines of 'please ,please, no more sanpro, we honestly have enough' and I think some of those donations are due to an article about 'period poverty' or some influencer writing about it, but it actually isn't a huge problem where I live. My local foodbank has asked for gluten-free products for example. They clearly need them, but that may or may not be true elsewhere.
This is what makes her dangerous. It would not be hard to have some stock responses to these common questions.

Her issue is she's so fake that she has to overcompensate by trying to sound like an authority. In reality her "advice" is worthless and at times actually dangerous.

Food banks know what they need. My local one has a regularly updated list. She does not need to advise, and particularly not "tin openers and sunscreen" which are the two things I have heard her mention recently. The clue's in the name "food bank". Food bank users need food. It's not that deep Jack.

Although it would take away our fun, I sincerely wish she'd stop trying to be an edgy bellend and actually do something of value with her time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
praise be! is this the end of the tin opener era? are we back to Lawyer Up jack?

goes without saying that allison pearson's an hole. in fact, that's an insult to arseholes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
praise be! is this the end of the tin opener era? are we back to Lawyer Up jack?

goes without saying that allison pearson's an hole. in fact, that's an insult to arseholes
The easiest of targets, so perfect for Jack.

Reactions: 29
So due to covid, can’t possibly fulfil her patreon obligations, but can post book to her chum?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
U N B E A R A B L E Jack is back!

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 11.43.25.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 11.46.42.png

She has to centre herself in *everything*.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
I think that's actually good advice from her for people who want to support microbiologist Dave in his Twitter feud with uppercunt Allison Pearson (regarding not speculating). Better than the wishy-washy foodbank/can opener advice.

ETA: Nevermind, just saw she reached out to AP as well as a 'fellow Express' writer. Gah. (AP still can get fucked btw)

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Does anyone else have the annoying friend like her. Who had to insert themselves ( un) helpfully into everything.. it's a sign they need something to make them feel relevant. I am sure this bloke can sort himself out without the help of some twitter fiend.

Reactions: 37
if she had indeed reached out to her fellow express writer (🤣) it would be right there for all the world to see. don't try and tell me she means she DMed her! that's almost as hilarious as expecting her to have a shred of decency

just to be clear, I am in no way laughing at this poor man who's clearly having a terrible time of it. just at jack and her continuing efforts to be at the centre of everything

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh my word she's so disingenuous.

Starts by tweeting that her followers should pile on AP, two tweets later "I have reached out to both parties as AP is my colleague". Immediately after this - AP is a Twitter villain.

Just pick a bloody position and stop flip flopping ffs!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
“As a fellow Express writer”😁😁😁😁😁.

She really really loves this situation, she’s like a dog sniffing round a lamp post.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.