Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine if Mom Nigella posted "made a cake for X because he's been in my fanny xox"

Christ.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
I'm sorry to be spamming you with Kickstarter Khaos, but I'm reading the comments and it's only just dawning on me just how long the grifting has been going on. The kickstarter predates the Katie Hopkins thing, the crappy bungalow (possibly by one other RENTED place) and the election where she was going to stand as an candidate o_O
The comments section of the kickstarter just about replicates this Tattle forum. She's never going to change and she's never going to get called out on it.
1609370991157.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Imagine if Mom Nigella posted "made a cake for X because he's been in my fanny xox"

Christ.
Laughing out loud, again! I went back and read the whole post with Nigella‘s calm, friendly voice in my head. It’s hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm sorry to be spamming you with Kickstarter Khaos, but I'm reading the comments and it's only just dawning on me just how long the grifting has been going on. The kickstarter predates the Katie Hopkins thing, the crappy bungalow (possibly by one other RENTED place) and the election where she was going to stand as an candidate o_O
The comments section of the kickstarter just about replicates this Tattle forum. She's never going to change and she's never going to get called out on it. View attachment 365275
That’s what I feel increasingly. I had a bit of hope when I found tattle but it’s wearing off. I just cling onto the fact that she isn’t that well-known and so will eventually become less and less relevant and people will pay less attention to her.

Reactions: 55
Screenshot says "food is my soul".
Righto. Now, I was not around in 2011/2 when she was "discovered". I have not looked at her blog. But was she only blogging about food/cooking on a budget? Or was it a general "listen to me, my name is Jack Monwoe" blog?

She didn't have a passion for cooking or food. She was simply writing about her every day life. And somebody picked it up because, why should anyone live like that.

If food was her soul, she would be able to talk about it with enthusiasm. She wouldn't care if making a Youtube video took 97 hours because she would be sharing her passion with people. She would make the effort to refine her skill/trade, go to a cooking school, heck even RUN a cooking school.

But she doesn't do any of that. Because food is NOT her soul. She got lucky being noticed and has had to carry on pretending she cares about food because now she's rolling in the money for doing sweet FA.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
That’s what I feel increasingly. I had a bit of hope when I found tattle but it’s wearing off. I just cling onto the fact that she isn’t that well-known and so will eventually become less and less relevant and people will pay less attention to her.
Totally agree. I hoped Tattle would find a way to get her called out and stopped.
I don't think about it anymore and just stay for the laughs.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
The comments section of the kickstarter just about replicates this Tattle forum. She's never going to change and she's never going to get called out on it. View attachment 365275
I am so confused. She says in the kickstarter blurb describing the project that the book is already mostly written?

I suppose we are now seeing history repeating with the poverty book that was going to be ready for pre order soon, two or three months (or was it four, I have lost track?) ago.

That fanny comment about the cake is bleeping gross. The equivalent to me would be a male food writer writing that he only made cakes for people whose fanny he'd been in (I just cringed myself inside out even typing that). It's just so bleeping crass and disrespectful. Imagine your family, friends, peers and colleagues reading that about you, and on your birthday ffs?!? And if the cake is as bad as she says it should have gone in the bin and a professional/ someone vaguely competent should have been asked to make it. Again, it's that passive aggressive narc thing "you are not worth the effort" side by side with "even tit cakes I make are genius and you will praise me".

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
Again, it's that passive aggressive narc thing "you are not worth the effort" side by side with "even tit cakes I make are genius and you will praise me".
It kind of screams (and I cannot believe I am typing these words), "I let you in my fanny so you better appreciate this crappy cake I slaved over for you".

😬😬😬

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Righto. Now, I was not around in 2011/2 when she was "discovered". I have not looked at her blog. But was she only blogging about food/cooking on a budget? Or was it a general "listen to me, my name is Jack Monwoe" blog?

She didn't have a passion for cooking or food. She was simply writing about her every day life. And somebody picked it up because, why should anyone live like that.

If food was her soul, she would be able to talk about it with enthusiasm. She wouldn't care if making a Youtube video took 97 hours because she would be sharing her passion with people. She would make the effort to refine her skill/trade, go to a cooking school, heck even RUN a cooking school.

But she doesn't do any of that. Because food is NOT her soul. She got lucky being noticed and has had to carry on pretending she cares about food because now she's rolling in the money for doing sweet FA.
She thinks she's a Will Self kind of writer.
Used the Poverty Cooking to get herself 'seen'. Now she's not allowed to be anything else other than the 'Cheap Recipe Person', 'Tin Can Cook' person.
She doesn't LOVE food.
Food writing was the way in to 'proper journalism', now she's stuck with the job. Can't go back and can't go forward.
She made her bed.

Reactions: 44
What a nasty piece of work.
She's Teflon, but slowly flaking away. Wonder if it wasn't for tattle how much worst she would have been this year given it looks like she is more careful on what she puts out there, or at least deletes quickly.

Reactions: 32
So she does or doesn't make a cake for her kid. He was a c section baby so technically he didn't come out of her hoohah.

I don't care how babies are born, btw.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 75
I am so confused. She says in the kickstarter blurb describing the project that the book is already mostly written?

I suppose we are now seeing history repeating with the poverty book that was going to be ready for pre order soon, two or three months (or was it four, I have lost track?) ago.

That fanny comment about the cake is bleeping gross. The equivalent to me would be a male food writer writing that he only made cakes for people whose fanny he'd been in (I just cringed myself inside out even typing that). It's just so bleeping crass and disrespectful. Imagine your family, friends, peers and colleagues reading that about you, and on your birthday ffs?!? And if the cake is as bad as she says it should have gone in the bin and a professional/ someone vaguely competent should have been asked to make it. Again, it's that passive aggressive narc thing "you are not worth the effort" side by side with "even tit cakes I make are genius and you will praise me".
Or just buy one. M and S do a very nice chocolate for four. It’s expensive for what it is but it’s the birthday of someone you love and it’s nice so it’s a treat. And small so not so much food waste.

Reactions: 32
I get it must be frustrating for those of you who “saw the grift” a long time ago, but it’s slowly gaining momentum. And look at Hilaria and Jameela- these things are starting to come out. Also she will upset the wrong person one day.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
So she does or doesn't make a cake for her kid. He was a c section baby so technically he didn't come out of her hoohah.

I don't care how babies are born, btw.
He gets cold pancakes instead ☹

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Was it her who lied about social distancing on LNER? I can’t remember...
Yes, she sat in the wrong seat then organised a pile on to the poor person doing the lner twitter account. It was most unpleasant. She blocked me for liking one of their tweets.

I knew she was lying as my son had travelled the same route a few days before and had said how well organised they were, and how they had organised the seat reservations so everyone was socially distanced.

Severe allergy to tomatoes requiring an epipen
Lactose intolerance.
Edit, just seen this is already listed. Sorry

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.