Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really hates it when people aren't her biggest fans doesn't she? She must have actively gone looking for this to comment on. This person didn't even say anything mean, they just said she isn't their cup of tea. Newsflash: nobody is loved and adored by everybody. It's impossible. There will always be people who just don't get on with you. And there's nothing you can do about that and sure, it might make you a bit sad but it'll make you feel a damn sight worse about it when you actively go seeking out people who you just don't gel with and then wallow in it. She has so many fans, that should be enough for her and yet it seems like it never is

• Heart
Reactions: 42
That all and to top it asking them for recipes!! Many of an her follkwere who are poor. In your face. disgusting!!!
quoting myself like an idiot. Apologies for writing like a drunk (I was not drunk). Don't know how it could have gone so wrong. Maybe my bum wrote it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Hull is open is you can get there, and I understand its not as crazy??? Maybe worth a check
Thanks @Walkdengirl ... I did look at the northern routes into Belgium/Amsterdam way but it’s the destination country I am worried about being turned away from! Although Dover looks bleak, it’s probably my best bet plus I really don’t to boats very well and would rather do an extra days driving than a day/night on a boat. Sort of dreading it, really. I should never ever have done a grunka on the ferry that sank in the Baltic a few years ago and I am also old enough to remember with childlike horror and nightmares the shots of the Zeebrugge ferry on the news. 😔 I would fly if I didn’t have to pack up a ton of crap to take with me.

Things have looked up since I was last here. My destination has decided if you live and/or work there you CAN come in regardless of the colour of my (still a nice burgundy) passport. And now France are allowing people with negative tests to enter, I am going to go for it. Exciting times - and slightly terrifying too!

Back to our favourite topic. Think of all those dusty rinsed foils that have been demoted to the bottom of a skip somewhere. And how fancy are those bags! I went through a phase of using those extra durable ziplock Ikea bags and trying to clean them but it was painful. Despite them taking more freezer room up, we stick to the plastic takeaway boxes from the Chinese and Indian deliveries. They are fantastic and very durable.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
91622F76-C1A3-4552-A1AD-727C83D3FB7A.jpeg

Twitter trends reflecting my feelings on that grifter being given hundreds of pounds worth of fish that she will almost certainly ruin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
This woman was not as terribly ill as she proclaimed earlier this week, if she was there’s no way in hell she’d be able to anticipate the arrival of the fish, arrange the photo shoot and post .

She’s a liar and gives no fucks when goodies appear at her door
I agree. Even at the best of times, when I get my monthly subscription parcel of raw frozen for my dogs, it’s a ball ache in itself just to get the packs into the designated portion of my freezer. Knowing how fish degenerates very quickly even at cold temperatures, by the time it got to her, then her fannying around putting it into bags, laying it out into a nice pattern and photographing it in the warm bungalow, all the while feeling allegedly wretched...I think not! Plus I hope she put the huge fishy stash in the freezer pronto after the fannying. Otherwise there will be food poisoning/spoilage to worry about on top of the 106 temp spikes

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Even though I got a chuckle out of her comment about her being grating—it’s SO obnoxious she inserted herself there. Of course it was a blue tick conversation. She’s obsessed with herself and it doesn’t look good that she needs to always pop ip in this way even if she’s being funny. She must search her name constantly.

Reactions: 32
Even though I got a chuckle out of her comment about her being grating—it’s SO obnoxious she inserted herself there. Of course it was a blue tick conversation. She’s obsessed with herself and it doesn’t look good that she needs to always pop ip in this way even if she’s being funny. She must search her name constantly.
It is a blue tick conversation that she thinks she should be involved in.

Suzanne Moore/Owen Jones/Darren Grimes are all the commentators of the moment that she either fawns over or wants to pile on.

She is so transparent.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I thought the scallop pies I've seen in the pie maker group I'm in sound terrible. However, what I'm imagining Jack doing to that seafood she's got her grotty, not size H fingers on, is far worse. So cross she's been given all that to commit her food crimes against 😠

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Thoughts and prayers for everyone today, theses gonna be a fish recipe up soon and I want you all to know I’m here if you are affected by it.

I’m most annoyed she’s ruining most of the fish by chucking it in the freezer.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She seems to like to pop up and challenge people when they make even the mildest of critical comments about her, and even when she’s not linked to the comment. I think she expects them to back down. It’s her way of trying to control people.
She did the same with Mumsnet and also here (the famed thread #31) - although in both cases I don’t think it worked out quite the way she expected. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I know it's been said already but there's no way she could handle that much fish if she is as ill as she's claiming. I'm fine and I'd struggle with that.

Reactions: 27
oh god, the squiggle who likes darren grimes is the vampire squiggle 🥴

and, suzanne moore just 🤮

why would you insert yourself into this conversation?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.