Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really is a shocking waste. It's all gone straight in the freezer (one of many), which is a shame - fresh fish is more expensive than frozen for a reason!

In fact, I remember a big scandal on Top Chef many years ago because a chef used frozen scallops (cooking reality show scandals always look so lame written down, don't they?).

Still, I suppose it's irrelevant here, because this is Jack Monroe, who would gladly take a fillet of top quality sashimi-grade tuna and bung it in a curry with a tin of Del Monte fruit cocktail. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
April:
View attachment 358116

December:
View attachment 358117

(Apart from these, they've sent her two other tweets which aren't worth posting, and she didn't reply to them).
This reads a lot like they’re sending her free product in exchange for content for their socials.... which is a brand deal? And needs declaring as such?

She’s vacuuming up these deals for MC people panicking about food shortages isn’t she, the greedy goblin!

• Wow
Reactions: 45
She’s going to chop those scallops into teeny, tiny, smol pieces and put them in a risotto made with long grain rice, cooking bacon and tinned mandarin segments isn’t she?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
I really don't want to eat a 'smudge' of anything.
I don't want a smudge on the plate.
I'd even go as far as saying that I don't want it made for me or served to me by a person with a pet called Smudge.
(Apologies to anyone with a 'Smudge' in their lives)
I knew a Smudge Smith (standard military nickname for Smiffs) who's an actual chef 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This reads a lot like they’re sending her free product in exchange for content for their socials.... which is a brand deal? And needs declaring as such?

She’s vacuuming up these deals for MC people panicking about food shortages isn’t she, the greedy goblin!
She's also plastering affiliate links for the food storage bags all over her instagram. She is determined to wring every drop of income out of this, which is fine, but a few weeks ago she was shitting all over Amazon for clout.

It's the hypocrisy, Jack, she just loves it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
She's also plastering affiliate links for the food storage bags all over her instagram. She is determined to wring every drop of income out of this, which is fine, but a few weeks ago she was shitting all over Amazon for clout.

It's the hypocrisy, Jack, she just loves it.
#thread title

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I honestly would hate to receive a box of fish for Christmas. 🤢 I do think it would be charitable of her say since we have so much lovely fresh fish to eat over the next weeks/ months. I will donate a bit extra ££ to some chairty for Christmas that I would nornally spend on meat.

i really feel for anyone who's following her who's perhaps lost their job due to the pandemic and looking at their children knowing that on Christmas they will only have a megre offering for Christmas dinner and perhaps a selection box and a really cheap toy because that was all they could stretch too and theres muggins waffling away about being gifted enough fish to feed quite a few families at least a half decent meat course for Christmas.

i just don't understand her at all.

my husband got practically a whole munjac ( which he bought and paid for) for us to eat. It's ok but not really my thing, but as soon as he brought it home he portioned it out and have some to family and friends.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
That is a huge amount of fresh fish, especially if what she has shown is only about half? Agree she is completely tone deaf for pointing out how much she has been gifted 🙄.

We buy the occasional local fish box through our veg box company, and for around 4 types of fish it's £20. What she has there would cost a huge amount, what a waste to gift it all to her 🙁.
Maybe, they have a surplus due to the sudden closure of pubs, restaurants etc? 🤔 and she has a huge following

Reactions: 15
She must have the search results for her name on Twitter bookmarked and she just presses refresh every minute. She pops up even when she’s not tagged (but don’t you dare tag the person in when she’s trying to start a pile-on)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
This triumphant squeaking about free luxury food is quite distasteful* when so many are struggling this Christmas and having to do without. She really is tone deaf, almost an Essex Marie Antoinette! (Let them eat slop!).

The £20 Shop is likely to return in the new year. She may tell the squiggles she’s living on slop, lard, NO BUTTER, tinned sardines, smart price sausages and shitey whitey bread...in reality supplemented with giant gurning freebie sea bass and other luxury fish from the freezer.

Hopefully she will caption all the freebie fish recipes with #gift 🤨

(*also applies to her recipes).
That all and to top it asking them for recipes!! Many of an her follkwere who are poor. In your face. disgusting!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Just catching up because I've been BUSY working a 72 hour day in 24 hours. I'm surprised lil' urchin Jack has the freezer space for all the fish and begin to wonder if the Cotswolds are refrigerated.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I am not saying it to take something good away from her but just shocked that someone who potentially has followers who are perhaps where she was ten years ago with a little boy asking for more jam an she is smugly rubbing her Hands together over alot of free food. I think its a bit insensitive.
Same thought! I am on a mini-grunka, so will stop writing what the other Frauen have already commented on more eloquently 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Isn't it truly tragic that she can't be assed replying to her own followers, but will reply to randoms who mention her name negatively?

What is she, the bleeping thought police? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Just catching up because I've been BUSY working a 72 hour day in 24 hours. I'm surprised lil' urchin Jack has the freezer space for all the fish and begin to wonder if the Cotswolds are refrigerated.
What with all the mash and empty foil containers

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.