Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
am not an alcoholic but I do like gin, what’s she got against gin? Way better than putting sherry in a trifle 🤢
The fact that it's got a bite to it, probably. Ironic, really, when it's the one spirit that, as long as you have Juniper in it, any spices will do.

Or the previous girlfriends didn't like it, so she couldn't - but the childish palate seems more likely to account for it.

I made an amazing dessert by freezing tinned peach slices, then blending them up, adding raspberries from the garden, couple of cherries and a diced strawberry per glass, yoghurt, edible flowers, baby mint leaves and a splash of good gin when still at the stage of impressing Mr D with my culinary skills

Just looking at the food delivery confirmation email right now. No red cabbage and the Gammon joint has been replaced by two gammon steaks. Never mind, we were hardly going to starve.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Those trifles don't serve 6, unless you don't like trifle

I've always considered it an old fashioned pud. "Dated" might have been a bit harsh because I know everyone still has it and it's always being revamped, but it's definitely not just a "classic trifle" anymore which is what Jack wants because people don't still live in the 80s.
It is, its one is the earliest puddings recorded in English cookery. It can be many things. That's why she is so wrong

Reactions: 16
Just getting the new thread ready ... I really want to call it Ladyfingers ... but I won’t 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 44
As a non-Brit I never understood the deal with triffle btw...is it worth having an opinion about it, or is ot one of those things people think is cute to have OPINIONS about to cover for a lack of personality* (like how the toilet roll should hang....I find it super boring when people tell me they HAVE to turn it around when they are somewhere else and see it hanging the 'wrong' way.)

*Years of internet dating made me very cynical about other people's opinions on trivial things, sorry.
Yes! I made this point revently, perhaps on this thread. Like what do you call a bread bun and do you put jam or cream first on a scone. BORE OFF.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
He isn't there. Hopefully he's having a lovely time with his dad instead of energy sucking vampire.
Quoting myself as I was mid Grunka when I posted this. Anyway so hope he isn't there even though she likes to pretend he is.

Reactions: 17
BUT THAT'S JUST A NORMAL TRIFLE??? It's a normal traditional trifle from a box, versus fancy trifles adapted to bring the dessert to the modern age. I'm sure his trifle is fine but not being whatsit if I was offered regular birds trifle or one of the delicious fancy ones in those images I'd 100% try one of them.

God I got out of bed literally half an hour ago and I already need a lie down
The big fancy ones are the traditional ones, her dad's is a 70s convenience abomination

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.