Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of those 130, how many were tattlers? If it wasn’t for us, her numbers with have been even worse
At one point she only had about 80 viewers. Which is quite something for someone with 200,000+ followers. Extraordinary.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
She hasn’t put it all together on her website, or in the express article. For a big meal like this as a beginner the hardest part is the timing- eg 9am peel veg, 10.00 put the turkey in, whatever. The Yorkshires won’t cook properly in the 180° oven I reckon.

I don’t think she’s cooked it all at once.

Reactions: 30
My late MIL was a lard fan. You had to eat your roast dinner quick before the gravy set. When it cooled, you could lift it off your plate in one like a coagulated jelly frisbee. My OH didn’t know that gravy could move around the plate until he had a Sunday dinner at my mum’s.

We don’t use lard but still joke about that gravy - ‘another slice of gravy for anyone?’

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
No tit James. Not to mention the lard in the gravy!
View attachment 352939
Well, the thing is she gets most praise from people who CAN't cook or/and are completely cluessless. Anyone who cooks needs to have only a 5 sec look at it and knows that this will not taste good and that this is not suitable for vegetarians or vegans but not bc of the chicken.
I BET people give out her books in a generally liking the idea sort of way but the books don't give people any basic skills about cooking, which is the foundation you need for budget cooking, not maverick recipes.
I hate the "awwwww, it is lovely what you do" comments. Job done, covered/completed it, conscience clear, all you Victorian urchins.
Now back to my second house in France and Ophelia said she wanted to go horseback riding today, jolly times!!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The post and comments have not been deleted, they're here: (ETA: I can't get Tattle to stop pulling the whole blimmin post in automatically, but the comment thread started by Wendy is still there.)
Thanks, I was mistakenly looking at the separate post for the roast potatoes. As expected, the Jackolytes falling over each other to defend her from...someone saying they wouldn't use lard for a roast dinner are talking wild shite. One of them's even saying Jack is still vegan FFS. I, too, know many vegans who constantly inhale eggs, fish, lard and cheap processed meat. bleeping whoppers are beyond help and they deserve her.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Just logged out Facebook before I say something entirely correct but in breach of Tattle rules. It's the Squiggles who are making me furious. Honestly if I see another person say how amazing it is that Jack publishes recipes on a free to access blog I am going to breach the lockdown rules, travel to Southend and eat the fancy new hose, whilst screaming "THIS IS FOR EDINBURGH". It's sent me wild.

To distract myself I decided to play a game called Saint Chefs in which I would see what other chefs are promoting their work selflessly giving away recipes on their websites so that the poor may look upon them and fire out a bit of cooking. First up we have the King of Hearts Gordon Ramsay who without a thought for himself or his family has published some recipes on his website. I feel humbled by this act of charity and in 2021 will strive be be as kind and generous as Gordon Ramsay. Saint THAT MAN has gone a step further and linked to Tesco from his site so that you can see how much stuff costs. The orphans thankyouverymuch for your heroic actions THAT MAN. Saint Mom is scattering free to view recipes across the internet like Mom Christmas. Ride me sideways good old Delia has free recipes on her website too. It's a tsunami of charity out there.

A cynic may argue that publishing recipes is to help generate interest in their books and TV shows but I am not that cynic. Three cheers for Urchin Bountiful and all the Chefs of Kindness out there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I can't remember who shared it originally (sorry!)
That's hilarious! It may have been sweet and funny for a little kid to write that, but no need to share it to a page about about keeping Diana's memory alive. This squiggle lacks as much self-awareness as Jack.

Reactions: 13
How on earth does she make them look like that? I'm so confused
They aren’t cooked. The oil needs to be smoking hot and the batter rested in the fridge for an hour to ensure they are light, fluffy clouds of deliciousness.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
She did say that about her oven - on Foodim for example.
And she’s talking absolute shite. I’ve done big sausages with bacon in the oven - it takes 25 minutes at 180 (pre-heated oven) and they come out really nicely browned and not anaemic at all. I don’t believe she triple tests anything (if she does, WTF must the first effort turn out like 😕), and no home economist could have approved that cooking time.
Came here to say the same, 25 mins and they are done , 30 well done, 50 ? Incinerated

• Haha
Reactions: 23
@Switchstreetz I have been thinking what to say about the Sloppies, but words just can not do them justice. The professionalism, the creativity, the humour, wonderful, magnificent, glorious, marvellous, a superlative overload. They are absolutely amazing, just perfect. They have cheered me up no end, I keep returning and chuckling along.

Jack could only dream of being one tenth the professional as you. My hat is well and truly taken off.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.