Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole meal makes me want to eat Huel shakes for the rest of my life.
I'd be munching down the raw carrots left out for Santa's reindeer instead on the big day...hell, I'd be asking for a lump of coal and gnawing on that instead (not much difference between it and her sausages to be fair).

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The “watch out for the gravy!” really tickled me!
I think it’s because it came after a clear, thoughtful warning about the hazards of the pigs in blankets, then suddenly with no context “WATCH OUT FOR THE GRAVY!1!1!1!”

@Switchstreetz and @kachoochoo I’ve just made a small donation to the Trussell Trust and FareShare on behalf of you each. What a beautiful idea ❤ @Lanie you‘ve also inspired me to add some treats to my next food bank donation.
Edited to add @Scarletfever thank you for coming up with the idea of donations to show our appreciation for Switchstreetz’s actual hard work behind the scenes that went into the Sloppies ❤

View attachment 353056View attachment 353057
Remember, don't get too carried away with the fancy stuff we want then to remember that they cannot afford the really fancy stuff. We don't want to take work away from her after all.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If there’s another shortage of loo roll because of her fat laden Christmas menu, I’ll be so miffed!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Lol. Why are her fawning squiggles making it sound like Aldi and Lidl is this exclusive, really rare shop that isn’t within a short bus journey for Jack? The lengths they go to to get a like from the moron is ridiculous.

Ps. She doesn’t have Covid. Still don’t believe her, she gave herself away by constantly changing her lie about when she started isolating.

FC77428A-820D-4135-ABB5-7DE03737905F.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Interesting to think that the donations made by kind fraus in honour of The Sloppies have done more good than Jack's done in her entire career.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
This Xmas dinner thing is just so nonsensical. People are fawning all over it like they're Tiny Tim and she's saved Christmas, but...

Let's ignore the glaring fact that her food is utterly vile for a moment. Then it's just basic recipes; the only innovations are the vegan option (designed to convert people back to meat?), that bizarre dessert, the gravy 🤢, and the use of overpriced tinned fruit where it doesn't belong.

Apart from that, this is a standard roast dinner. There's nothing exciting, nothing new, nothing that might make you feel that this is a special, once-a-year meal. Roast chicken, potatoes, sprouts? No one was crying out for this.

Okay, so maybe she's done forensic (🤭) work to find the cheapest possible options? Nope. Commenters keep pointing out Aldi and Lidl, which she ignored, and she's shoehorned in her sponsors' expensive tinned fruit. Then she gets defensive about it, because the only person who matters - Jack herself - is incapable of crossing the threshold of German discount supermarkets, so they are utterly irrelevant.

So finally, has she made what Xmas dinner newbies really need - a detailed plan of the order to cook things, so everything is ready at the same time? Of course not. Instead we get inane, overwritten recipes with asides about how she loves to cut cherry tomatoes into eighths, and nothing clear like "add the sausages to the oven 20 minutes later" which people would actually benefit from.

In short: the emperor? Naaaaaaaked.

ETA: I started contributing regularly to a local foodbank charity a couple of months ago. I used to focus on other charities, but these threads got food poverty onto my radar too. So, err, thankyou Jack?
Maybe that was her plan all along!
I've definitely donated more to foodbanks since I found Tattle.
I always have put in the drop box in the supermarket, but this year I've definitely put more in. I also bought some stuff for our local church's food and toy bank.
So yes, in a roundabout way she has 'inspired' me to donate more🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 39
This is a @Silver Linings cosplay account:

No charitable Facebook page you may not get away from providing me with ad revenue x
I can’t believe her response to this, dunno if I’m being over-sensitive, but even for her this is insanely mean-spirited.

I think this is the organisation the squiggle was referring to -
https://www.growinglinks.org.uk/street-food-project.html

The work they do is so important. When I next get paid I’m going to donate to them (it feels like I’m donating to spite JM, but I just felt so bad for that guy on Twitter getting a response like that from her).

21E540F4-DEDB-4BAA-A12E-74333B009E71.jpeg

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Jackalack is now in a quandary.

Continue on her covid journey and miss out on all the tier 4 dopamine hits or accept that she has got over her “worst illness ever” remarkably quickly and get twitter-ready for 4pm.

ETA I do not find this Tier 4 thing amusing, I feel for everyone in the South. Each day brings a new low regarding C-19 and there is no escaping it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
My mother in law (bless her, she was an amazingly wonderful woman who I still miss) used to cook with lard. When I was pregnant even the thought of it made me vomit, and as for when she dug the chip pan out I had to leave the house. Even she made the transition to vegetable oil in the late 1980s!

After she died my father in law who's not much of a cook bought lard, as like jack, he thought fat is fat. He even made an apple Crumble with it which he then tried to feed to our veggie daughter.

Let's just say that the crumble languished as no one would eat it and he's never made it with lard ever again.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I can’t believe her response to this, dunno if I’m being over-sensitive, but even for her this is insanely mean-spirited.

The work they do is so important. When I next get paid I’m going to donate to them (it feels like I’m donating to spite JM, but I just felt so bad for that guy on Twitter getting a response like that from her).

View attachment 353103
The response is outrageous, isn't it? I thought she was doing all this out of the goodness of her heart and from her deathbed in order to HELP POOR PEOPLE but apparently that only goes so far.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

View attachment 353103
I saw that earlier, how bloody rude.
It's a charity and all she said is here are the links to purchase my stuff and to my monetarised website, every click counts! FFS they aren't doing it to make a profit you horrible creature.
Also, if you don't want people using your precious, disgusting recipes, why are you putting them on Twitter?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Has anyone tagged the charities benefitting from The Sloppies into 'The Sloppies' on Twitter letting them know that there is a reason for their little donation surge today?
Or is that not allowed?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm suffering today as I overdid it at The Sloppies last night. I haven't enjoyed myself so much in ages and happy that I didn't do anything I regret but actually something that was good!

I rarely drink but was in a celebratory mood as it was my birthday, SBs finished school, and my husband back from working away. I know Christmas plans have been ruined and the covid nightmare seems neverending, but have to make the most of any chance of fun and laughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I'm suffering today as I overdid it at The Sloppies last night. I haven't enjoyed myself so much in ages and happy that I didn't do anything I regret but actually something that was good!

I rarely drink but was in a celebratory mood as it was my birthday, SBs finished school, and my husband back from working away. I know Christmas plans have been ruined and the covid nightmare seems neverending, but have to make the most of any chance of fun and laughter.
Happy birthday for yesterday and hope you feel better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.