Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No point in working out where it came from?
So I can't suggest #120: Jack and trace as a thread title? I know it's early but, come on!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Applause for @TurnedUpInTipp I do hope that both the dog and Mrs TUIT forgive the smell and you. Maybe better not mention that those “German women” put you up to it? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Applause for @TurnedUpInTipp I do hope that both the dog and Mrs TUIT forgive the smell and you. Maybe better not mention that those “German women” put you up to it? 😬
Thank you.
Herself is on lates and I've Nag Champa-ed the house almost into Hinduism so hopefully, it'll be gone.
Himself has fecked off to lay all over our bed as a sort of hairy protest.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Ah the delights of mother-in-laws! A few years back we invited ours over for Boxing Day lunch (2pm, that was already a mistake, as far too late for them apparently). Anyway, traffic was bad so they phoned to say won't be there until 3, so we all waited until then, kids hungry but told to wait until granny and grandpa and uncle arrived. I'd prepared a feast all morning. They turned up and I said shall we eat straight away? They said, oh no don't worry we stopped for a sandwich at the motorway service station. I went absolutely ballistic sulked in bedroom until husband talked be around.
Personally, I would have sat down with the kids and slowly eaten it in front of them making comments all the way through on how good this was. While they sat with a single cup of cooling tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She will have the roniest rona that ever rona'd. Perhaps Vonny can give her some tips?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
As somebody who did not grew up poor but later in life had many many poor spells (not only a few months!) , this makes me want to cry.
If JMs food proves something to someone it is maybe that you CAN'T feed people on so little money. And poor people, I risk to suggest (not a homogenous group, I know) have either worked out how to cook something tasty ish their way due to experience or on Christmas they buy something nice, such as ice cream.
This! JM is more concerned with gettin praise for rinsing off spagetti hoops or doing something 'maverick' with a noodle packet than to do proper anti-poverty campaigning. Unicef has started helping kids in the UK this week, FFS.

Reactions: 25
Ch4 news have a segment on lockdown heroes today, they only show Sophie Ellis bexter in the preview but this may be Jack’s first Misery-esque victory

Sadly will be missing it as I’m currently hiding behind my baby’s cot as she’s drifting off 😫

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Oh no no no. I am kind of caught up I suppose (actual job means actually busy). There are many many things to say about that Christmas dinner but I am just so sad about that prawn cocktail. Not to do a Mars bar style personal essay but I'm vegan and really miss seafood and prawn cocktail is delicious nostalgia (made of unethical tortured crustaceans and poor indentured cows and migrant workers on tomato farms, but shhh), but she just made it more unappetising than the ethics.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She’s claiming a top temp of 41.5 Celsius? 😳 That’s an astronomical fever for an adult. Kids can spike really high fevers (if my kids hit 41 I’d take them straight to A&E) but extremely high temps are a lot rarer in adults IIRC.

She claims to be maintaining a temp of 40 but is happily tweeting? The last couple of times I’ve had a fever, it’s been 38 and I felt too tit to do anything other than curl up in a ball.

This is all very very suspicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Just had an Aldi ad come up on my FB - 14p veg. Red cabbage, sprouts, swede, potatoes, parsnips, and carrots. Delicious, healthy, cheap, and no need to drown in lard before eating.
Has she ever set foot in an Aldi or Lidl or are they too apparently working class for her in reality? We know she prefers Ocado. However, that where I do the bulk of my shopping and the Jags, Mercedes and other Fancy Cars outside....!

Reactions: 25
this has given me memories of having suspected swine flu when my daughter was a baby. We lived in a different city from both sets of grandparents at the time and my ex was training to be a teacher and couldn't stay home - that experience genuinely made us decide to move back closer to our parents because having to look after a baby in that state was terrifying! My fever was so high that I was hallucinating and distinctly remember having to crawl around the house because i didn't have the strength to stand up. Needless to say i was not on social media during that experience.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
[QUOTE="ScamSandwich, post: 3214527, member: ]
I could not type with this kind of temperature and I don't have any ailments and conditions.
Again, difficult to get sympathy if you are generally a bit economical with the truth.
[/QUOTE]

Babe, same. I had Covid a couple of months ago just like several million of others in the UK. A couple of days were properly rough. Curtains remained drawn, bed all day, didn't text, call or interact with anyone. No screen of any kind. I mainly slept. Would still not have described myself as 'severely ill'.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Should have left SB with his Dad. That way, we'll be spared the soon to come tale of the kid having to monitor her breathing. Did she go out last Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, by any chance?

Needs to take some paracetamol and ibuprofen to get the temperature down, have something like full sugar lemonade, sleep on your front/side facing down a bit & hugging a pillow (as the middle of the night sinus emptying that drops what feels like a cup of water down your throat is horrible).

Still, isolation ends Wednesday next.
Has she dipped that in her mug of tea

• Haha
Reactions: 22
duck OFFFFFFFFF IS ANYONE TWEETING WITH A 40 DEGREE FEVER

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STOP BEING SUCH A POINTLESS LYING TWATBAG

Ahem, sorry, came straight here so sure I'm merely echoing the past 300 posts.

God.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Has anyone ever been really really unwell with a virus, but had the energy and wherewithal to chat tit on Twitter with people you don’t know, as well as whatsapp family? I wasn’t well a couple of months ago, not Covid but was really rough. I literally replied to my mum’s phonecalls with “not well will ring later” and then didn’t cos I was just melted. She’s lying on some level. Either it’s not Covid, or it is Covid but she’s exaggerating symptoms. She hasn’t got SEVERE Covid or she’d be asleep in bed minding her business.
My SIL had covid (we think) at the beginning and for ages was absolutely washed out. We would do a family zoom call and she would just sit there (looking pale and unable to join in). At the time I was firmly convinced she was overreacting and my brother was being saint to put up with her. But now she is better and it sounds like she really did have a horrific time. She could to her family let alone type to strangers on Twitter.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.