Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why can’t she say “sorry to hear you were in hospital, hope you’re better now” rather than “my son was in NICU so we’ll just keep talking about me thanks”.

Even cynical old me would like to think she’s not lying about having it, and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. But if she’s as ill as she’s implying, she just wouldn’t be able to tweet all day. Just stick on one of your six radios and concentrate on getting better!
She has previously stated on Mumsnet and an early insta that her son was in SCBU. If it's another sympathy fetching lie it's a slap in the face to real NICU parents.
I also don't believe for a second she has Covid. I had a really nasty virus in January with a fever 38-39 C and I could not function, stand, think straight or eat. The first night I was freezing cold despite the fever, my teeth were chattering non stop and I had extreme shivering. The only thing that slightly helped was to take a bath with a towel wrapped around me. Then I slept for three days in a sleeping bag and thermals to sweat it out away from my family. I was delirious at times and could definitely not look at my phone. You can't do anything with a high fever. There is no way she could keep up the tweeting with a fever that high.
Right back to Grunking and wondering what new chaos awaits me.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
This is a thing of beauty ❤

Your email made me SO happy, especially as so many 'critical thinkers' take Jack at face value. But it's also frustratingly understandable that they do - nobody *expects* someone to be a lying narcissist, so people just assume she speaks the truth, and because she can write emotively and looks the part (white, attractive etc) everyone just believes her story unless they look deeper 😖

Here's the screenshot in all its glory:

View attachment 351575

• Heart
Reactions: 29

New thread, with a side of head cheese. Buckle up for The Sloppies.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.