Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I zoomed in on Jack's hands in the photos from the express yesterday. I watched THAT MAN earlier and I'm sure there was a touch of a dig at Jack, he made a lovely looking veg chilli and made a point of washing his hands.

B94DF694-DCEE-409C-8B5F-14CE9B18AEE3.jpeg

Mr Ogre has a burning question for you lot, what was it that took Jack two weeks to perfect sausages in bacon?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
That's her looking her absolute polished best with makeup artist and professional photographer. It really goes to show just how crazy she goes with the facetuning 😬 Wildly different!
I hadn't really noticed about the facetune, though only have her on FB so it's mostly pics of food, I guess she puts more of herself on Instagram? I don't even know that I would have spotted it though given how drastically she has changed her appearance multiple times. Before I followed her on FB I knew her mainly from the guardian and thought it was odd, but once the trans/non-binary articles started to appear I thought it would be a symptom of that. Though it did remind me of the people at school who you'd see with blonde highlights and pleated skirts at the end of summer term then come autumn they'd decided to be a goth and rocked up with shitloads of black eyeliner, an dodgy dye job and massive boots. Having discovered tattle and seen what she is like on twitter I think the teenage mindset is possibly a more likely explanation??

@heretoreaditall2019 as a newbie I'm still making it through older threads, I'm only on 13 so doubt I'll ever catch up. But had to ask whether you have had your baby and got your camembert toastie 😂 we had a camembert waiting in the fridge when I was close to due date and had it baked with cranberry and cashew bread our first night home with the bub 😋

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I hadn't really noticed about the facetune, though only have her on FB so it's mostly pics of food, I guess she puts more of herself on Instagram? I don't even know that I would have spotted it though given how drastically she has changed her appearance multiple times. Before I followed her on FB I knew her mainly from the guardian and thought it was odd, but once the trans/non-binary articles started to appear I thought it would be a symptom of that. Though it did remind me of the people at school who you'd see with blonde highlights and pleated skirts at the end of summer term then come autumn they'd decided to be a goth and rocked up with shitloads of black eyeliner, an dodgy dye job and massive boots. Having discovered tattle and seen what she is like on twitter I think the teenage mindset is possibly a more likely explanation??

@heretoreaditall2019 as a newbie I'm still making it through older threads, I'm only on 13 so doubt I'll ever catch up. But had to ask whether you have had your baby and got your camembert toastie 😂 we had a camembert waiting in the fridge when I was close to due date and had it baked with cranberry and cashew bread our first night home with the bub 😋
Omg bless you, the beloved Pret Christmas baguette? 🤤 Covid has ruined that again this year but @Pocahontas has given an amazing recipe for excess Brie on the food and drink thread (shameless plug, pls come and join us everyone!) that’ll hopefully recreate the magique! And yesss my wonderful baby is asleep next to me as we type, she’s not far off starting solids now.... unlike our Jackie x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
I had no idea that Jack was remotely religious, let alone full on evangelical. I mean, I’ve never heard her talk about her faith or going to church in all the years I’ve followed her online. I’m flabbergasted... and slightly suspicious tbh.
She's as religious as she is vegan. 90%, give or take.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Unrelated, but I love your username. When my daughter was little she called raisins “Rae ris” 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Omg bless you, the beloved Pret Christmas baguette? 🤤 Covid has ruined that again this year but @Pocahontas has given an amazing recipe for excess Brie on the food and drink thread (shameless plug, pls come and join us everyone!) that’ll hopefully recreate the magique! And yesss my wonderful baby is asleep next to me as we type, she’s not far off starting solids now.... unlike our Jackie x
I am now proactively embarrassed if anyone races over to food and drink and discovers my not rocket science idea for Brie and cranberry 😬🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I think i have posted this before, but an old friend of mine is quite the jackolyte and is copying her talent for rattling the tip jar.

I dont know i would want to out them, but i saw for the first time today someone has called out their grifting. It makes me sick to see bloggers and influencers use patroen as a second income for absolutely nothing.
Are their tax implications for having an income from "tip jars"?

Reactions: 17
She keeps her religious background on the down low because there's nothing that the woke hate more than churchgoers. It doesn't fit in with her edgy social justice persona. Also, not many working class white people go to church in England (it may be different for Northern Irish and Greek people but she probably feels it doesn't fit in with her act).

Most of all, exposing herself as a regular churchgoer would have people asking why didn't she get help from them during The Poverty, as churches tend to have strong social support networks.
Absolutely, totally agree with everything you said. I grew up white working class in Essex and I can barely think of any of my peers who went to church as kids. I can think of one family, maybe? It was unusual, for sure.

Fast forward 30 years and I now live in a much more middle class town. I find it startling when I come across churchy people in the school playground. I just assume they’re all atheist heathens like me 😄 So yes, when it comes to white people and the church, social class makes a huuuge difference.

Great point about churches and food banks too. I’m pretty sure they run all of the food banks local to me. Didn’t it take Jack a year to get a good bank referral?

Reactions: 29
I found out what irritating, deliberately ugly comedy glasses are called: "problem glasses". There's a stereotype about girls who wear them, and Jack fits it exactly.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Belated congratulations! I need to find that thread, I have so many tabs open with recipes from here. Got stuck in a cooking rut for a while and just couldn't be bothered but back on it now and so pleased!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Veronicaaa did you say panto elf? Perfect opportunity to resurrect the cheeky duo! Mom's there for moral support and definitely not because it would be weird to have some random actress also in the picture.

christmas elf2.png

@MooBelle the refusing to acknowledge that 'thank you' is two words is one of the most aggravating things Jack does, I'm 100% sure she's doing it to be a wind-up merchant. That's why I've been adding a new phrase to Slopbot's code every time she uses it. So far she's contributed 12 times. Yes, I already know, I am an exceedingly petty mithering ninny.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I think i have posted this before, but an old friend of mine is quite the jackolyte and is copying her talent for rattling the tip jar.

I dont know i would want to out them, but i saw for the first time today someone has called out their grifting. It makes me sick to see bloggers and influencers use patroen as a second income for absolutely nothing.
Are their tax implications for having an income from "tip jars"?
Not as long as you declare it as income. We have no reason to believe JM doesn't declare her patreon and tip jar money.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.