Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's pantomime season! Yay! I'm working on my script for a show based on JM's life, along the lines of the radio play (RIP June), and the.film offer.

Provisionally titled "Jack and the Beanslop", I'm hoping for Joe Pasquale for the starring role.

Supporting roles include the scarf, brambly mice, Cooper cat.

I've approached the Cotswold Company re providing the set. No reply as yet
This sounds amazing. There needs to be a big wallpaper backdrop that gets coloured in as the plot develops.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
This picture stuff is what is so infuriating. She will use us doing this compare and contrast as evidence of bullying. When in fact it is entirely of her own making.

If she just posted pictures of herself completely undoctored that looked like the ones that appeared in the media then we would have no fuel. As it is, she posts triggering, FaceTuned, unrealistic images that look nothing like her. For many of us here, this is harmful, for others it enrages, but for all it isjust evidence of the lies that we need documenting.

Like with so many facets of what we are discussing, if the lies stopped, we would.
The thing that gets me is without the filters she's genuinely a very attractive woman in my opinion. She has no need to doctor her photos - but when she does she feeds into the whole influencer 'must have perfect features' vibe. I think people's not quite perfect features make them who they are, and makes them unique, I always think people who have something a bit different about their looks are so much more attractive than those who try to conform to what society thinks is the ideal. I wish she would embrace her natural looks, as she is very pretty imo rather than photoshopping herself to look like a 12 year old boy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
“Like with so many facets of what we are discussing, if the lies stopped, we would.”
True, when she stops doing a chaos, we basically start imploding and making our own. It all goes a bit Lord of the Flies when she’s quiet. Best advice for you, Jack - stop grifting, and we’ll all go a bit weird and the thread will spontaneously combust!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
The thing that gets me is without the filters she's genuinely a very attractive woman in my opinion. She has no need to doctor her photos - but when she does she feeds into the whole influencer 'must have perfect features' vibe. I think people's not quite perfect features make them who they are, and make them unique, I always think people who have something a bit different about their looks are so much more attractive than those who try to conform to what society thinks is the ideal. I wish she would embrace her natural looks, as she is very pretty imo rather than photoshopping herself to look like a 12 year old boy.
I wanted to add this but forgot because I was still thinking about Alan’s sloth dinner lady.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
True, when she stops doing a chaos, we basically start imploding and making our own. It all goes a bit Lord of the Flies when she’s quiet. Best advice for you, Jack - stop grifting, and we’ll all go a bit weird and the thread will spontaneously combust!
It would just turn into the food and drink threads. Alan would probably start making other celebs into Alans

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dunno about anyone else but, when I cook, I plate up what I hope my kids will eat. If it doesn’t get eaten, I scrape it onto my own plate or bowl and stick on the side to eat for lunch the next day. Nothing gets wasted 🤷🏻‍♀️
That's how I do it. I eat everything up as it is, with small variations, of course, but never anything maverick or blended/blitzed slop. I really never have any food waste.

Christmas dinner will be cooked for a friend and me this year. We have both been on an incredible tight budget this year, and not because we chose to live frugally. Because it is Christmas we will have very reasonably priced organic chicken (2 legs), roasted on potatoes, 1 sweet potato, parsnip and one red onion, prepared with garlic, fresh rosemary and vegetable oil. Nigella's pear and chocolate pudding to finish.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
That's how I do it. No maverick ideas, I eat everything up as it is, with small variations, of course, but never anything maverick or blended/blitzed slop. I really never have any food waste.

Christmas dinner will be cooked for a friend and me this year. We have both been on an incredible tight budget this year, and not because we chose to live frugal. Because it is Christmas we will have very reasonably priced organic chicken (2 legs), roasted on potatoes, 1 sweet potato, parsnip and one red onion, prepared with garlic, fresh rosemary and vegetable oil. Nigella's pear and chocolate pudding to finish.
3 minutes in the microwave and most things remain edible. I don’t even put things in the fridge because it tends to be cool enough in the kitchen. It’s such low effort frugality which is the only reason I manage it!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm watching mom on catch up.

Nigella wouldn't allow her guests 2 burnt pigs in blankets per person.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
thank you so much for posting this! But oh my goodness I got to where she slagged off her colleagues for making wise choices or “shacking up” as she called it and I couldn’t take any more. She is such a bleep and it’s cringey how much she bigs herself up when in actual fact she’s done duck all to benefit anyone else and has no idea what she’s talking about.
She says in this article she taught herself to cook from Mom’s book “Kitchen” which indeed came out in 2010, but she also said previously she taught herself from reading the labels of Lloyd Grossman’s sauce jars and working backwards from the ingredients. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
She’s totally removed her bottom row of teeth from the fake photo, clearly doesn’t like them much
She definitely hates her teeth (fair does, a lot of people aren't keen on theirs) However, instead of spunking her money on 50 sideboards, she'd have been better off investing in some decent dental work. Lip fillers draw attention to them as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.