Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone do a starter for Xmas dinner?

We never have and it always seemed a middle class thing to me.

Even now I'm in my 50s I don't do a starter.....I prefer to keep room for roast potatoes and turkey.

My husband's family.....very middle class always have a starter. ....and do less roast potatoes. I know which I prefer 😁

......and I also know where Jack fits in ....she's middle class dahling.
My parents are embarrassing fancy Tories and they don’t. My husband’s family are totally working class and they don’t. We are very middle class expats and don’t. We all want room for the potatoes! Extended family is entirely dysfunctional but we don’t have starters.

Reactions: 27
Thank god for this feature the cos I’ve got 3kg of frozen lard to get through xx

Thank you @MancBee for the content, you’re like our Father Christmas today

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
It’s cold and rainy out and it has felt like Christmas morning reading here today! I’m all cuddled up in a SNOOGLY blanket with my chonky floof dog just hooting and hollering at your brilliant takes on Jack’s Christmas feast! My Irish Mum would be appalled at that teeny bit of potatoes! It sounds wretched and I really hope no one wastes their money on trying to make that horrid tit. People deserve to have a nice holiday especially after the year we have all had.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
What would be much more useful than all the tit back story is a list of what to prep/start first with timings and what can be kept warm etc. I’m a good very experienced cook but it can be a bit intimidating especially if you’ve got a small kitchen, small oven and not many pans and utensils that potentially need washing in between prep.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
For a supposed vegan she sure does eat a lot of lard. My daughter is veggie, and will have the same as us as apart from the beef (she's having a filo thing with damson chutney and cheese), and I'll make her her own onion gravy with caramelised onions so it has lots of flavour. I do my roasties in veg oil. Job sorted.

No need for any tinned fruit

Reactions: 35
Ok. I'm owning up.
I don't get the lard thing but.... Dripping. bleeping YES!
I roasted up a load of beef bones yesterday to make bone broth. (Crohn's issues, not mine)
The fat was poured off and is in a bowl, like my Nan used to, in the fridge.
Our spuds will be cooked in it and I've just had some smeared on the heel of the bread for lunch.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
You've not been sober for 700+ days you utter twit - you very publicly admitted you relapsed a couple months ago! :mad:

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.