Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the context of £20 shop, twitter users might be interested in following the author Frank Cottrell-Boyce. Each year at Advent, his family lives a budget of £1 per person per day and absolutely nothing from the store cupboard except salt. It's a struggle and really highlights the implausibility of Jack's shopping hauls.
I realise it's a privilege that Frank can choose to do this, and it's done to raise awareness and funds for a charity.
By the time his family have had unseasoned dhal for 3days, you realise how lucky you might be to have a cupboard full of spices and a tin of assorted oxo cubes.

ETA - his joy last year when he realised that a local indy grocery shop sold spices in small amounts. Too late for 2019 budget, but hopefully for this year.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Catching up on THAT MANs new christmas show. Just chuckled again at her version of shed cooking. What was she thinking? 🤣

Also. I cannot stand JO. But his shows are good.
It is obvious he has tried and tested his recipes before unleashing them to the public unlike Jack

Reactions: 23
This is a recipe that YEARS ago I had quite a reaction to. I had leftovers for lunch and then went out for a Chinese dinner with my boyfriend and friends. I couldn’t seem to get comfortable in the palatial restaurant and none of the food seemed appealing. It was only after a swift visit to the bathroom did I realise the combination of day old cauliflower, yogurt, cream and spices might not have been the best mix! Weird as I am a huge curry fan but I’ve never made it since!
29F011DF-9DDC-4A27-94F9-8CFF5F9C6A6B.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
May I mention hair thinning without being too OT? I started taking Biotin supplements, from a health food shop, and I could really see a difference in my...wide parting!
Also..the... person...is no longer a member. I did an @ here in tattle to see if the name still comes up, and it doesn't 😳

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Thanks so much for this, it’s amazing, not everyone’s able to cook. I don’t have bread, can I use beans? What temperature should I set the toaster to? I have some car oil, would that work for dripping? Thanks in advance. Do have a tip jar?
Oh thankyou for your kindness. *rattlerattle* 🥰 You can use beans but be sure to rinse them thoroughly. *rattlerattle* The toaster should always be set to ‘standard’. *rattlerattle* Car oil can often be a suitable substitute but in these health conscious times you really should try to get something lighter, like WD40. I do have a tip jar because this site, although free to use, does bleeping cost money to run you know! What? Am I supposed to go and find a job? GET TO duck!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Just out of interest, how did the relatively numerous non-Twittering fraus come to be fully signed up members of the Jack Monroe sceptics club?

Not asking in an accusatory way, I just think she’s a complete dick on Twitter and this doesn’t seem to translate to other platforms in such an obnoxious way.
Instagram. I rarely use it now but did in past and followed jack on there for a while. I think after a couple days/maybe a week or two (my covid timeline is so blurry) i was like "wow ok this woman is...a lot" with all her stories just being so constant and drama.

I'd used tattle before in past, and when i happened to see she had threads on this site i was like 'ooh what's the goss' expecting zoella level snipes like 'oh she doesnt disclose affiliate links' or "she does nothing all day" little did i know what i was getting myself into 😄😄😄 I wasn't as invested in jack having not had too much experience with her compared to some who've sadly lost money and time thanks to her, but I fell in love with the warm banter and comradery of the cabal.

I'm so so disappointed in whats happened with that person, and in myself for falling for it yet again. Super glad that once again a bad apple has been spotted and called out by those more discerning than I.

It doesn't take a great detective to work out that Kirsty is sending signals to her favourite member on Tattle. Much deserved recognition for a legend.

View attachment 337122
Silver deserves all the love, but I really want someone to try to up the ante and casually work a trickier user name like "traumatised sideboard" or "jay cloth cow" into a tweet and pull it off

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Your resilience is tremendous, how you have managed not to comment in 112 threads, takes some doing.
I don't know. I guess Cackie has only now driven me to it. "BTW I was never really poor so you guys might as well have held on to your money." Plus everyone's been way more articulate than I could ever be!

Reactions: 18
For the hair chat fraus, I am trying the Nioxin range of products at the moment and it's doing literally nothing to improve things, possibly making the situation worse. I'm going to try Biotin next.

As you were. Jack's winding me up so much at the moment with the generic NoTliKeOthERgIRls bollocks (and full head of hair) I don't even want to stay on topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Anyone else wish they knew who the duck everyone thinks the TS is? 😂 I’m just bobbing along like “oh hair loss support fraus love that... mars bars ok no idea about that... biotin yes maybe get your iron levels checked too... nope not the mars bars... that meal looks gross... £20 a week plus a maccies”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Anyone else wish they knew who the duck everyone thinks the TS is? 😂 I’m just bobbing along like “oh hair loss support fraus love that... mars bars ok no idea about that... biotin yes maybe get your iron levels checked too... nope not the mars bars... that meal looks gross... £20 a week plus a maccies”
I’m lost too! Was the girl eating flumps in Mortherwell just one person with two Tattle accounts? Or were they two separate people? I didn’t think I’d seen the Girl on here for a while but the flump was on recently iirc?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m lost too! Was the girl eating flumps in Mortherwell just one person with two Tattle accounts? Or were they two separate people? I didn’t think I’d seen the Girl on here for a while but the flump was on recently iirc?
The former.

On topic. Jack’s quiet tonight. Getting the sleep in at the weekends so she’s fully rested for chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Is the Twitter user formally known as Terminator Squiggle now the Twitter user who's now threatening to contact her solicitor?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just out of interest, how did the relatively numerous non-Twittering fraus come to be fully signed up members of the Jack Monroe sceptics club?

Not asking in an accusatory way, I just think she’s a complete dick on Twitter and this doesn’t seem to translate to other platforms in such an obnoxious way.
I was a MNer and always saw her books and website recommended on there. Took a look at her site and none of her recipes appealed to me. Read Hunger Hurts and felt sorry for her. That’s about it to be honest. Years went by without thinking much about her. Saw her crop up occasionally with the Hopkins thing and her Guardian recipes. Borrowed Tin Can Cook from the library online and immediately returned it because it was tit.

Had a look over here after reading a thread on Instamums over on MN. Think it might have been around the time of the MOD drama or could have been Sali Hughes. Had no idea who either of them were but I just love the drama, Mick, so I came over to have a look. Browsed for a while and then spotted the JM thread and felt like I finally wasn’t the only one who didn’t get what the big deal was. I’ve been hooked since.

Thankyou for reading my origin story.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
What the flump is going on now? 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If it’s still unclear after we’ve posted literal usernames I fear it won’t ever be 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.