Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a thought, let's not be confusing our lovely @Flumps in all this! Nowt to do with her 😬

(The word flumps is starting to lose meaning for me now I've read it loads of times. It's the eggs all over again! 😩)
Oh @Nottonightbabe Thank you for clarifying ❤ (Or should that be 🥰)

I thought it was referring to her and it made no sense to me at all, as she’s been a kind, warm, constant voice from the very early days. Was shooketh for a while there.

well done for the sleuthing as usual clever Fraus

x

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh ok I just assumed all this was about the member called Flumps. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Because that's a literal username. Think I'll give up and go back to reading, not trying to understand. 🤣
Yes very definitely not lovely flumps, a similarly named one more recently with a previous name also but we need to move on now 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Oh thankyou for your kindness. *rattlerattle* 🥰 You can use beans but be sure to rinse them thoroughly. *rattlerattle* The toaster should always be set to ‘standard’. *rattlerattle* Car oil can often be a suitable substitute but in these health conscious times you really should try to get something lighter, like WD40. I do have a tip jar because this site, although free to use, does bleeping cost money to run you know! What? Am I supposed to go and find a job? GET TO duck!
OH MY GOD - I can’t believe you replied!! Thankyou so much, I can’t wait to tell one of my therapists (I have three on speed dial), they’re always talking about you! I had a go at the recipe last night but must have been doing something wrong. The beans didn’t seem to work in my toaster? Maybe this recipe was a little advanced for me? Is there one more basic? Anyway I took a picture. Thanks again for all you do. I put all my savings in the tip jar, hope it will buy you some butter 💕

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
The only joy I can see in that is they have sent a full packet of pigs in blankets rather that just two!
Get rid of parsnips and replace with a pack of mince pies (instead of the poxy 2).

Then you can smash them later and make some toasties/burn your mouth/feel sick on too much bread and pastry.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Oh yes, that looks just about as boring, joyless and uninspired as our Cackie's selections.

Reactions: 4
Morning. Just popping in to remind you kids to accept no flumpy substitutions. And big, big thanks to all those who've already pointed that out. ❤

I don't post much atm, because head wobbles, but am definitely no cyborg squiggle, just in case that needed saying.

Enjoyed The Scotsman article, but like others, hope the rogue elements don't taint the balanced and nuanced nature of it. I think its criticisms of both sides had validity and it's proper good to see a bit of good journalism around this topic.

I've tended towards the overly generous in judging JM's motivations, but I think her behaviour since the article has really shown that there's a lot of calculation going on there.

Hope all fraus and herrs are doing ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 114
This may be the only time I'll be up to date this week :oops: 😂
I feel like everywhere I look there's Christmas chaos, and I just haven't got the time for it!
I'm still trying to figure out why Jack has made herself an office in SB's room, when the spare room is the same size anyway and has been sitting there 'spare' all along? Make it make sense! My tiny little mind just can't cope with that and Christmas😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Get rid of parsnips and replace with a pack of mince pies (instead of the poxy 2).

Then you can smash them later and make some toasties/burn your mouth/feel sick on too much bread and pastry.
Bin the parsnip and the Brussels and have more nice stuff

Reactions: 8
Bin the parsnip and the Brussels and have more nice stuff
Noooooooooooo parsnips and sprouts are the best bits of Christmas dinner (for me at least). Ditch the pigs in blankets (what are they for?) and add more veg, cauliflower with cheese sauce, butternut squash and leeks.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Morning Fraus! Thank you so much for all of the loves and likes on my job post last night. I went from fizzy to fuzzy overnight 🙂

I've got loads on my wallpaper to do list so better stop staring at my phone and colour those buggers in!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I have 3kg of frozen toast in my freezer, does anyone have any ideas on what I could do with it?
Blend it in its defrosted juices and serve up as a wheaty porridge. There's practically no difference between that and oats. I once served it to some top restaurant critics and they declared it the best breakfast ever 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.